Jesus Pointing To The Woman Of Samaria's Five Husbands

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(I searched and this doesn't seem to have been discussed already)"Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. (John 4:16-19)Obviously if was what she needed to hear to be convinced that Jesus was from God.How did Jesus know this detail about her?It seems to me to be a miraculous revelation, like this:-2Ki:6:12: And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king: but Elisha, the prophet that is in Israel, telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber.Is there more to this?She saw Jacob as her father indicating that she believed herself to be an israelite.She may have got involved with 5 men of each nation (and their god) that were there (1 Kings 17:24, 29), and was now under the Romans (?), but The Lord was calling her to be intimate with him alone, spiritually:-Hosea 2:13: And I will visit upon her the days of Baalim, wherein she burned incense to them, and she decked herself with her earrings and her jewels, and she went after her lovers, and forgat me, saith the Lord.16: And it shall be at that day, saith the Lord, that thou shalt call me Ishi (man, husband); and shalt call me no more Baali (Lord).17: For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Im not sure Im clear on what exactly your saying/asking here tallman feel free to corret me if Im off track I Kings 17:24 "And the woman said to Elijah, "Now by this I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the Lord in thy mouth is truth." "This gave credentials that the Word that Elijah spoke was truly from God. When a true teacher of God's Word teaches the Word and that Word comes to light with understanding, that is his or her credentials. If it is nothing but confusion, then there is no understanding and light there.The famine of the End Times (Amos 8:11-12) in our generation is for the hearing of God's true word that is with light of knowledge Amos 8:10 "And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day." On that day of Jesus' return, He is saying, your feast and celebrations will turn to sorrow (remember the 3-1/2 day celebration from the killing of the two witnesses); the sackcloth on their loins is to remind them of great shame coming upon them. The baldness on the head is a time of shameful prayer. Your mourning for the only son is for the commitment to the wrong son; for Antichrist (Satan), whom you worshipped. The time spoken of here is the sounding of the last trump, the seventh trumpet; spoken of in I Corinthians 15:50-54.Amos 8:11 "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:" This is the famine Jesus spoke about in Mark 13:8. and in Matthew 24:7. It is not for food or drink, but for the "hearing of the word of the Lord".this famine is here growing by the day . There is a spiritual war going on now in the world. It will get worse as time draws closer to the End We are going into a spiritual battle with mostly babes still on the milk of Gods Word. Sadly, many christians are as prepared to meet Antichrist as a one-year old would be to face a charging enemy. We will face Satan and all his forces in this generation, and that is why we must have our spiritual armor on and in place, ready to do spiritual battle with the enemy. Do most even know what the enemy looks like, or what his weapons of spiritual destruction will be? This is why the famine coming on our land and throughout the entire world is so serious, for people will not be ready for the battle Satan will bring upon the earth. Amos 8:12 "And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and from to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it."