The Samaritan Woman = John 4;7-14

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Samaritan Woman = John 4;7-14

1) She Was Generous; she gave Jesus water:

John 4;7-14

There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink. (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat) Then saith the woman of Samaria unto Him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans. Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of Him, and He would have given thee living water. The woman saith unto Him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

2) She Was Honest; she said her correct marital status:

John 4:16-19

Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither. The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband: For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly. The woman saith unto Him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.

3) She Shared The Gospel; she told the town people about Jesus:

John 4:25-30

The woman saith unto Him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when He is come, He will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am He. And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that He talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou? or, Why talkest thou with her? The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men, Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ? Then they went out of the city, and came unto Him.

John 4:39-42

And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on Him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did. So when the Samaritans were come unto Him, they besought Him that He would tarry with them: and He abode there two days. And many more believed because of His own word; And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard Him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

AMEN

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Samaritans were pagan foreigners. (Yet Christ's Salvation would eventually be offered to them too.)

A favorite thing the Assyrians would do when they conquered a nation was to remove the original people from the conquered land to some other lands. Then they would take foreigners and place them in the conquered lands instead.

That is what the Assyrians did to the ten northern tribes of Israel, and God's Hand was behind it because of Israel's rebellion against Him.

The Assyrian removed all the ten northern tribes of Israel out of the northern lands, to Assyria and the lands of the Medes. Then the Assyrians brought 5 pagan peoples from 5 pagan cities, each with their own pagan idol worship, and placed them in the northern lands where the the ten tribes had been (see 2 Kings 17:23-24).

Those 5 pagan peoples BECAME KNOWN AS SAMARITANS.

The Jews of the southern kingdom in the southern lands were the only Israelites left. The Jews knew who those Samaritans were, and would not have anything to do with them, keeping God's commandment to stay separate from pagans and their idols.

The Samaritan woman at the well was descended from one of the pagan peoples originally from 5 pagan cities (see 2 Kings 17:23-24). This is WHY she had FIVE HUSBANDS. If one never studies their Old Testament history, they will completely MISS what Lord Jesus is showing in John 4 in the deeper sense.

At John 4:20, the Samaritan woman CHANGES THE SUBJECT OUT OF THE BLUE, from the idea of the living waters Jesus offers, to the idea of where one should worship! Up to that verse, nothing... had been said by either Lord Jesus there or the Samaritan woman about where or who to worship!

That is a MESSAGE we are supposed to catch from The LORD. When He does that in Scripture, He is trying to get our attention, usually about a mystery, or something deeper.

The 5 husbands the woman had represent false worship, pagan worship, of which she was no doubt descended from her ancestors brought to those lands by the Assyrians. Those 5 husbands represent symbolically pagan worship of past pagan kingdoms.

But the 6th one she was living with, Jesus said was not her husband. Brethren in Christ, just WHO is our True Husband, according to Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 11? Lord Jesus Christ, of course! Paul said he 'espoused' us to One Husband, Jesus Christ!

So do you not get it? Lord Jesus was linking that Samaritan woman with the idea of the symbolic chaste virgin waiting on Lord Jesus. Those who fall away to another in place of Christ will have become a harlot instead of waiting on their True Husband Jesus Christ.