Jesus prophesied that Sabbath would be kept by Christians until His return

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 45:17 - Yearly (appointed feasts), monthly (new moons), weekly (Sabbaths)
Your Ezekiel 45:17 is backwards, but I see why you have to change God's word to fit the sinful (1 John 3:4) lifestyle:
Eze 45:17 And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.​

the offerings were "daily" (burnt, meat and drink)

Exo 29:38 Now this is that which thou shalt offer upon the altar; two lambs of the first year day by day continually.​
Exo 29:39 The one lamb thou shalt offer in the morning; and the other lamb thou shalt offer at even:​
Exo 29:40 And with the one lamb a tenth deal of flour mingled with the fourth part of an hin of beaten oil; and the fourth part of an hin of wine for a drink offering.​
Exo 29:41 And the other lamb thou shalt offer at even, and shalt do thereto according to the meat offering of the morning, and according to the drink offering thereof, for a sweet savour, an offering made by fire unto the LORD.​
Exo 29:42 This shall be a continual burnt offering throughout your generations at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the LORD: where I will meet you, to speak there unto thee.​

followed by feasts (seasonal)
Lev_23:4 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.​

followed new moons (monthly)

Est_3:7 In the first month, that is, the month Nisan, in the twelfth year of king Ahasuerus, they cast Pur, that is, the lot, before Haman from day to day, and from month to month, to the twelfth month, that is, the month Adar.​
Psa_81:3 Blow up the trumpet in the new moon, in the time appointed, on our solemn feast day.​

followed by sabbaths (plural) (yearly, or of years)

Lev 23:26 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,​
Lev 23:27 Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.​
Lev 23:28 And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God.​
Lev 23:29 For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.​
Lev 23:30 And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people.​
Lev 23:31 Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.​
Lev 23:32 It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.​
Lev 23:38 Beside the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the LORD.​
Lev 25:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye come into the land which I give you, then shall the land keep a sabbath unto the LORD.​
Lev 25:3 Six years thou shalt sow thy field, and six years thou shalt prune thy vineyard, and gather in the fruit thereof;​
Lev 25:4 But in the seventh year shall be a sabbath of rest unto the land, a sabbath for the LORD: thou shalt neither sow thy field, nor prune thy vineyard.​
Lev 25:5 That which groweth of its own accord of thy harvest thou shalt not reap, neither gather the grapes of thy vine undressed: for it is a year of rest unto the land.​
Lev 25:6 And the sabbath of the land shall be meat for you; for thee, and for thy servant, and for thy maid, and for thy hired servant, and for thy stranger that sojourneth with thee,​
Lev 25:7 And for thy cattle, and for the beast that are in thy land, shall all the increase thereof be meat.​
The Year of Jubilee​
Lev 25:8 And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven sabbaths of years shall be unto thee forty and nine years.​
Lev 25:9 Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubile to sound on the tenth day of the seventh month, in the day of atonement shall ye make the trumpet sound throughout all your land.​

How do we know? It (Ezekiel 45:17) is following the pattern set forth in Numbers 28-29

Numbers 28:1-8 - Daily​
Numbers 28:11-15 - Monthly (sometimes swapped with seasons elsewhere)​
Numbers 28:16-31 - Seasonally (sometimes swapped with months elsewhere)​
Numbers 29:7-11 - Yearly​

The weekly sabbath of the LORD, is found between "daily" and "Monthly" in Numbers 28:9-10, not after. The 7th day the Sabbath of the LORD is not listed last, yet the yearly are listed last.

Secondarily, Ezekiel 45:17 is all about "ordinances", and the 7th day the Sabbath is the spiritual "Law of God", never a carnal ordinance of the worldly Sanctuary services:

Eze_43:11 And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.​
Eze_43:18 And he said unto me, Son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; These are the ordinances of the altar in the day when they shall make it, to offer burnt offerings thereon, and to sprinkle blood thereon.​
Eze_44:5 And the LORD said unto me, Son of man, mark well, and behold with thine eyes, and hear with thine ears all that I say unto thee concerning all the ordinances of the house of the LORD, and all the laws thereof; and mark well the entering in of the house, with every going forth of the sanctuary.​

Eze_45:14 Concerning the ordinance of oil, the bath of oil, ye shall offer the tenth part of a bath out of the cor, which is an homer of ten baths; for ten baths are an homer:​
Eze_46:14 And thou shalt prepare a meat offering for it every morning, the sixth part of an ephah, and the third part of an hin of oil, to temper with the fine flour; a meat offering continually by a perpetual ordinance unto the LORD.​

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Galatians 4:10 is backwards, but I see why you have to change God's word to fit the sinful (1 John 3:4) lifestyle:
Gal 4:10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
Backwards or forwards doesn't change the facts I presented in post #116 and I was simply lining up the examples and not changing God's word to fit a sinful lifestyle. SDA's pervert the gospel by teaching "salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works." (Galatians 1:6-9)

Now it fits perfectly with all the texts I provided.
Your eisegesis doesn't fit with scripture.

Weekly is not in the texts I provided, at all.
No surprise there.

Reactions: RLT63

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I know them (LoveGod'sWord (brother D.) and Bob Ryan) as well as others, IcySpark, Brakelite, AWHN, etc.

I also know you from many forums and from scripture (KJB).
No surprise there and birds of a Judaizer feather flock together. You will NEVER persuade me to withdraw my faith from trusting in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of my salvation (Romans 3:24-28; 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9) and turning to sabbath keeping (or law keeping in general) as a supplemental, legalistic prescription for salvation, so save your breath.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No surprise there and birds of a Judaizer feather flock together. You will NEVER persuade me to withdraw my faith from trusting in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of my salvation (Romans 3:24-28; 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9) and turning to sabbath keeping (or law keeping in general) as a supplemental, legalistic prescription for salvation, so save your breath.
Does that mean you will draw back from being faithful to your wife because it is a supplemental legalistic prescription for salvation?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does that mean you will draw back from being faithful to your wife because it is a supplemental legalistic prescription for salvation?
Typical straw man argument. "Salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works" is a legalistic false gospel. (Galatians 1:6-9)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Seventh-day Adventists teach the ludicrous doctrine that the near the end of time the "mark of the best" of Revelation 14 will be placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday.

Seventh-day Adventists have institutionalized deception.

Actually, the mark of the beast is awarded to those who break the 4th commandment as a choice to follow the beast's commands rather than Christ's. Doesn't matter if it's Sunday really, or any day. It's defying God that is sinful. I worship on Sundays. And Mondays. Oh, and even Thursdays. In fact every day. But I rest on Sabbath according to the Commandment. What you need to sort out is the question, whose authority are you submitted to? God, or man? Who instituted Sunday? God, or man? Who instituted the Sabbath? God, or man? Who scratched out the Sabbath commandment from the decalogue? God, or man?

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keeping God's law by the Holy Ghost is never "for" salvation. That is your continual strawman that you foist upon 'us'. You have been told time and again to not do it, but you continue to. The sabbath can only be kept, by the aide of the Holy Ghost, "in" salvation (from sin). Try quoting Ephesians 2:10 with Ephesians 2:8-9.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keeping God's law by the Holy Ghost is never "for" salvation. That is your continual strawman that you foist upon 'us'. You have been told time and again to not do it, but you continue to. The sabbath can only be kept, by the aide of the Holy Ghost, "in" salvation (from sin). Try quoting Ephesians 2:10 with Ephesians 2:8-9.
You are not fooling me for one second. SDA's are a very crafty bunch.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Typical straw man argument. "Salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works" is a legalistic false gospel. (Galatians 1:6-9)
Yes indeed. It certainly is. Trusting in obedience to be justified is a waste of effort. Seeing you love to disparage adventists and their faith, particularly Ellen White, here's some quotes that I suggest you won't have any trouble ignoring seeing truth to you seems to be a foreign concept...
“What is justification by faith? It is the work of God in laying the glory of man in the dust, and doing for man that which it is not in his power to do for himself. When men see their own nothingness, they are prepared to be clothed with the righteousness of Christ.”—The Faith I Live By, p. 109.

The proud heart strives to earn salvation; but both our title to heaven and our fitness for it are found in the righteousness of Christ. The Lord can do nothing toward the recovery of man until, convinced of his own weakness, and stripped of all self-sufficiency, he yields himself to the control of God. Then he can receive the gift that God is waiting to bestow. From the soul that feels his need, nothing is withheld. He has unrestricted access to Him in whom all fullness dwells. “For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.” Isaiah 57:15.—The Desire of Ages, p. 300.

"God never forces the will or the conscience; but Satan's constant resort—to gain control of those whom he cannot otherwise seduce—is compulsion by cruelty. Through fear or force he endeavors to rule the conscience and to secure homage to himself. To accomplish this, he works through both religious and secular authorities, moving them to the enforcement of human laws in defiance of the law of God."
Ellen G. White, The Great Controversy, p. 591

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will NEVER persuade me to withdraw my faith from trusting in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of my salvation
You keep using that word "salvation", but I get the constant impression you do not know what that word actually means, or at the least substitute your own private (wrong) definition.

Salvation "from what"? to what?

The only thing that I am aware of in scripture, that we are to be "saved" from, is "sin", "satan" and "selfishness". Sin is the transgression of the law (Ex. 20:1-17, aka the Ten Commandments). How can you say that you are saved from sin, when you refuse to honour the 4th commandment (Ex. 20:8-11), and say that to even attempt to honour God by keeping it, is legalism (which itself is sin)? No, it is not legalism, to honour God in it in the New Covenant. It is love. It is, however, licentiousness to transgress it, in the face of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, who died to save us from transgressing God's commandments.
1Jn_3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.​

What are the "works of the devil"? "committeth sin", "sinneth".

John, what could possibly be "sin"?

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.​

You are stuck in the false mindset that to obey God in the 4th commandment is somehow legalism, or an attempt at earning or meriting salvation. None of it is true. It is a false construct you simply (and wrongly) believe.

New Covenant:

01. Having no other God before JEHOVAH, is earning salvation?, legalism? works orientated?
02. Having no idols, is earning salvation?, legalism? works orientated?
03. Honour God's name, is earning salvation?, legalism? works orientated?

05. Honouring our father and mother, is earning salvation?, legalism? works orientated?
06. Not murdering, and allowing others to live, is earning salvation?, legalism? works orientated?
07. Being faithful, and not committing adultery, is earning salvation?, legalism? works orientated?
08. Giving and not taking that which does not belong to us (stealing), is earning salvation?, legalism? works orientated?
09. Not bearing false witness and always being true, is earning salvation?, legalism? works orientated?
10. Not coveting that which is not ours, is earning salvation?, legalism? works orientated?

New Covenant:

01. Having other Gods before JEHOVAH, is licentiousness?, not loving?
02. Having idols, and bowing before them, is licentiousness?, not loving?
03. Taking God's name in vain, serving our purposes, is licentiousness?, not loving?

05. Dishonouring our father and mother, is licentiousness?, not loving?
06. Murdering, is licentiousness?, not loving?
07. Being unfaithful, and committing adultery, is licentiousness?, not loving?
08. Stealing, taking that which is not ours, is licentiousness?, not loving?
09. Bearing false witness, lying, is licentiousness?, not loving?
10. Coveting that which is not ours (wife, servants, ox, ass, that which is our neighbours), is licentiousness?, not loving?

Well? What is the difference in the 4th, especially when compared to the 5th (the other positive command)? They are not called the 9 commandments, but the 10 commandments.

Reactions: HIM

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not fooling me for one second. SDA's are a very crafty bunch.
I do not even attempt to fool you (nor even think to ever do so **). 'You' are the one fooling you. It is self-deception that is upon you. I do not mean that in any harsh way. It is a sad state, and one worthy to weep over.

Pro 26:18 As a mad man who casteth firebrands, arrows, and death,
Pro 26:19 So is the man that deceiveth his neighbour, and saith, Am not I in sport?

• Love
Reactions: HIM

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So at the end of the 365 days solar year, the Feasts and Seventh Day Sabbaths Calendar have 6 buffer days to ensure Israel’s Bible Calendar (as above) was forever consistent.

I happily and thankfully give up my old views on the dating and naming and analysis and what have you concerning the Fall Festivals, 28 September 2021.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! In light of these?:

1Co_3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you
envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?​
Gal_5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife,
seditions, heresies,​
Php_2:3 "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness
of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Christ - Like?​

Shouldn't someone step up to obey God?:

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions
and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.​

Perchance This discussion-ENDING obedience would then identify the brethren?

If not, then Perchance the moderators will step in SOON, and put this strife in the
category of the forbidden 'trinity' discussions of strife and envying??? Christ - Like?

Just wonderin' :cry:
---------------------------
Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plenty Imperatives in the New Covenant, to be practiced and obeyed.....but I am not going to argue.
Indeed there is, and rightly so, for these too are times of many coming to the End (to Christ) before the end, all of whom are commanded to keep His commandments. Thus, the unsaved which are those to whom Jesus has not yet come, are to endure in keeping Him by believing, while those who are saved have already kept Him to the end.

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Save it. I have already heard enough of these same long winded posts full of scripture twisting, trickery, deceit, rhetoric and SDA propaganda from other SDA's on the Christian Forums site. Are you familiar with two SDA's who go by the avatar names of LoveGodsWord and Bob Ryan?
You don't answer the points of the posts because you can't. If you could you would.

Last edited:

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The words "ton sabbaton" or "sabbath days"; are the same words translated "Sabbath day" in Exodus 20:8 in the Septuagint.
No the words ton Sabbaton is not sabbath days and those words are not together in Colossians 2:16. "Ton" translates to the definite article the.
Ton Sabbaton is in Exodus 20 and translates the Sabbath in almost every translation as it should. Sabbaton is plural but that does not matter because most of the time you see the word Sabbath in the New Testament English translations it is Sabbaton. Which is the plural form in the Greek. Context is what should matter and what should drive the translations being what they are. So what does the context of chapter 2 in Colossians say in regard to how we should understand verse 2:16?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't answer the points of the posts because you can't. If you could you would.
Yeah right. No matter how many times that I answer points made by Judaizers they still say I have not and cannot answer their points. Arguing with a Judaizer is like arguing with a crafty lawyer who is out to win their case at all costs. Whatever it takes! You should be very thankful that you found a safe haven for Judaizers after being banned from Christian Chat. I have already answered enough points but it always falls on deaf ears and I'm tired of wasting my time beating a dead horse.

Reactions: Johann
Status
Not open for further replies.