Jesus prophesied that Sabbath would be kept by Christians until His return

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. I didn't say Matthew was only for the Jews. That was a 3-part question that pertained to different times concerning the destruction of Jerusalem and also the entire world and so Jesus went back and forth with His explanation/prophecy. Thus it includes the Temple destruction, fleeing Jerusalem (hopefully not on the Sabbath), for those Jews at that time. It was a Great tribulation for them at the time, with the likely death toll of 2 million.
There will be a greater tribulation for them as well, with a greater death toll coming soon ... and who knows - it might be on their Sabbath?
Please see the previous two posts. They answer your post also. Thanks.

Last edited:

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In which case--I have good news!

I declare to you and it is my testimony, that during my own tribulation being of the world, He did gather me, caught up in the spirit and returned to declare it, --by angels? God knows. By His spirit? Yes! With a Trump? Yes! With the Son of man in Heaven? Yes indeed, and the Father!

But by this same declaration, let me also remind you that it is written that such does not come according to the times of this world as one mass event, "but each one in his own order."
We are all gathered together, at the same time. At the end of the world as Jesus states.
As lightening shines from the east unto the west even so shall the sign of the Son of Man be. The sun shall be darken and moon shall not give it's light. The stars shall fall from heaven as all the heavens shake. And in seeing this; ALL the earth shall morn as they experience these things and as they see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven sending forth His angels to gather the elect from the four winds. From one end of heaven unto the other.

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent point, see Study 11 -

Thank you for exaltation my friend! But I am Sorry I am very skeptical to follow links. I had 3 to many computers crash through the years due to links and going where I shouldn't. So if there is something you think needs shared please share.
Thank you though and may the Lord our God continue to bless in all His Way, Jesus Christ.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let no man woman or child follow The CC . simply learn CHRIST for yourselves . ANd do beware
for many , many false ones have arisen within the protestant realm as well . Learn those bibles and cling to CHRIST .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: prophesied the Body of Christ will 'keep sabbath' till He comes'?
The 'keeping of the sabbath' was for Israel, the Body Of Christ being yet
UNknown.

Then, when Israel fell, God Saved His worst enemy, Saul, and then started
to Reveal Unto Paul The Revelation Of The Mystery For The Body Of Christ, with
not one command to keep the sabbath, but the 'Liberty And Freedom' IN Christ
to "observe a day, or not," As Unto The LORD (Rom 14), and the Negative side
with the religious 'judging of others' aspect (Col 2:16).

Sure glad The Omniscient God Knew what was going to happen, and Gave us
Good Scriptures
to 'help us finite creatures understand.' Amen?
I'm not up on all these man made dispensations.
It's ok, Precious friend, it takes some of us some time to understand these things:

Actually, Dispensations Are Scriptural (1Co_9:17; Eph_1:10. 3:2; Col_1:25), the TWO
being disputed here are "law" and Grace. Let us (for "God's Approval" 2Ti 2:15), Rightly
Divide
them, like this:

prophecy/covenants/law is directly to/for Israel, with twelve tribes and twelve apostles,
who will rule with Christ, on twelve thrones, in His earthly kingdom, teaching the
gospel of the kingdom, in which it is commanded "keep the sabbath" along with
many other "works" in order to be allowed into that earthly kingdom...

prophecy/covenants in God's Dispensation of the law

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

Mystery/Grace Directly to/for us, The Body Of Christ:

God's Dispensation Of Grace, According To "The Revelation Of The Mystery,"
Given, By Christ, From Heaven, Contains The Gospel Of Grace, God's Salvation
Is Now "By Grace Through faith" Apart
from ALL 'works,' for our Heavenly
citizenship! (Eph 1:7, 2:8-9; 1Co 15:3-4; Rom 3-5; Col 1:12-14)

Thus, nowhere in Romans Through Philemon (Paul's Words/Commands from Christ)
will we find any command to 'keep the sabbath,' but we will find These Excellent
Scriptures (for further understanding!):

Col 2:16 "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect​
of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath" (Cp Rom 14:5-13)​

Rather than judging others, we should obey Christ, From Heaven, and:

"Fulfill ALL the Law In ONE WORD: LOVE thy neighbor as​

Amen?

Further study Info: UnScriptural or UNdispensational?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
! = [More Dispensational understanding of Differences]!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
UNknown.

Good Scriptures

It's ok, Precious friend, it takes some of us some time to understand these things:

Actually, Dispensations Are Scriptural (1Co_9:17; Eph_1:10. 3:2; Col_1:25), the TWO
being disputed here are "law" and Grace. Let us (for "God's Approval" 2Ti 2:15), Rightly
Divide
them, like this:

prophecy/covenants/law is directly to/for Israel, with twelve tribes and twelve apostles,
who will rule with Christ, on twelve thrones, in His earthly kingdom, teaching the

will we find any command to 'keep the sabbath,' but we will find These Excellent

Amen?

Divided
:vgood:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is as I said, you misunderstand.

Let me ask you: You say you do not steal or commit adultery to keep the commandments. Why do you not rather continue in things like stealing and adultery, to keep the commandments as well?

But, no, you have stopped the one but not the other.

The point is, to keep the commandment of keeping the Sabbath, mean bringing the practice to an end also, in order to fulfill it. Because the practice is not the Sabbath, but the Lord is the Sabbath...and keeping the one means not keeping the other, like a child not coming forth in labor.
I do understand, perfectly. I didn't say what you are implying in bolded above. I stopped stealing and lying and formication and idolatry and selfish pleasure seeking etc because I met Jesus. Those fruits of righteousness are a direct result of the new birth and the work of the holy Spirit within. All finished and accomplished by God and without any assistance from me except for my willingness to change. And even that, only with His strength. "Without Me ye can do nothing" is a major plank upon which my life stands. I am not honest because I seek to obey. I obey because of who I now am.
Now to the Sabbath. It's all very well and appropriate that one's life changes as a result of conversion. But there's another step as well toward sanctification. Recognition of Jesus not just as Savior, but as Lord also. Observance of the 4th commandment doesn't come from a change in moral demeanor. It comes through Revelation and a willingness to submit to the authority of the Godhead. God says, "remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy". There is no "thus sayeth the Lord" to tell us that the 4th commandment is no longer a literal 24 hour period. That is something you are reading into scripture and therefore you are promoting your authority over that of the Lord Jesus Christ.
What you are doing, in promoting a spiritual rest as a replacement for literal Sabbath observance, is no different that the Catholic Church promoting their authority in the establishment of Sunday. Both traditions, your "rest" replacement theory and Sunday theory are a rejection of God's authority and therefore is Antichrist in nature... Replacing Christ with one's own authority.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm trying to follow the objection to dispensensationalism. Are you saying its antagonistic ?
I said that the theory that grace and obedience to God's commandments are concepts antagonistic to one another is wrong. Grace and law are complimentary and in harmony. Grace empowers us to obey. "Without him we can do nothing", yet we "can do all things in Christ".

Reactions: ChristisGod

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all gathered together, at the same time. At the end of the world as Jesus states.
As lightening shines from the east unto the west even so shall the sign of the Son of Man be. The sun shall be darken and moon shall not give it's light. The stars shall fall from heaven as all the heavens shake. And in seeing this; ALL the earth shall morn as they experience these things and as they see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven sending forth His angels to gather the elect from the four winds. From one end of heaven unto the other.
You have quoted the words from Jesus correctly, but have not understood.

"As lightening shines from the east unto the west" is a way of not saying, but saying to those who have ears to hear, that He comes from Beginning to End--that is, of times...just as He is also named.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
UNknown.

Good Scriptures

Divide
them, like this:

Amen?

Divided
The dispensation of a millennial period where Israel is the focus and centerpiece of prophetic understanding is a further advance of the concept that Israel was too be saved through law as opposed to grace. The idea of another temple, the Antichrist appearing in Jerusalem, a 7 year tribulation, Israel the subject and chief protagonist in end time prophecy, are all false understandings that disguise the true Antichrist already in your midst. Those theories were all invented by the agents of Antichrist, the Jesuits, and all deny the one teaching all the reformers agreed on and upon which protestantism was established, and also pave way for the protestant, pentecostal, and evangelical churches, along with Islam and new age, spiritualism, pagan and heathen beliefs to unite and to join again with Rome to form a global ecumenical power united against truth.
"And ye shall be hated of all nations for My name's sake", because all nations have been deceived into believing the true Antichrist is your friend and benefactor, while the imagined evil tyrant is yet to come. The church today, as a direct result of futurism and dispensationalism, is looking intently at the horizon for the enemy of all that's Christian and true, having guns blazing and evil being snorted from his nostrils, preparing to war against little secular Israel in the middle east, while all the time the true Antichrist is leaning over your back fence inviting you to supper. And you're accepting the invitation because you are deceived by the very Antichrist you believe isn't here yet.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do understand, perfectly. I didn't say what you are implying in bolded above. I stopped stealing and lying and formication and idolatry and selfish pleasure seeking etc because I met Jesus. Those fruits of righteousness are a direct result of the new birth and the work of the holy Spirit within. All finished and accomplished by God and without any assistance from me except for my willingness to change. And even that, only with His strength. "Without Me ye can do nothing" is a major plank upon which my life stands. I am not honest because I seek to obey. I obey because of who I now am.
Now to the Sabbath. It's all very well and appropriate that one's life changes as a result of conversion. But there's another step as well toward sanctification. Recognition of Jesus not just as Savior, but as Lord also. Observance of the 4th commandment doesn't come from a change in moral demeanor. It comes through Revelation and a willingness to submit to the authority of the Godhead. God says, "remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy". There is no "thus sayeth the Lord" to tell us that the 4th commandment is no longer a literal 24 hour period. That is something you are reading into scripture and therefore you are promoting your authority over that of the Lord Jesus Christ.
What you are doing, in promoting a spiritual rest as a replacement for literal Sabbath observance, is no different that the Catholic Church promoting their authority in the establishment of Sunday. Both traditions, your "rest" replacement theory and Sunday theory are a rejection of God's authority and therefore is Antichrist in nature... Replacing Christ with one's own authority.
I have already given you the scriptures--thus says the Lord:

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”​

By keeping the practice, you keep the day of preparation for the Sabbath--the sixth day, not the Sabbath. For the day has already come and you continue in preparation.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
UNknown.

Good Scriptures

Divide
them, like this:

Amen?

Divided
For this blaspheming : <Let us for "God's Approval" Rightly
Divide them, like this:....
> you have the blunt cheek to command an<Amen?>

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Who is the Real Israel?
Ja!
And WHO IS THE REAL GOD? HE WHOSE SABBATH SHALL BE SIGN OF HIS LORDSHIP OF HIS OWN, AND OF NO OTHER GOD'S.
The believer accepts HIM and everything that comes with HIM or he rejects HIM, WITH, everything THIS GOD'S OWN! There is no other Name than the Lord of the Sabbath for that is HIS NAME.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said that the theory that grace and obedience to God's commandments are concepts antagonistic to one another is wrong. Grace and law are complimentary and in harmony. Grace empowers us to obey. "Without him we can do nothing", yet we "can do all things in Christ".
Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: Brakelite
Status
Not open for further replies.