Jesus said "pray that you are able to escape and to stand before the Son of Man" *have you prayed?*

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So this is just a short OP, designed to be a reminder of what Jesus said to do. There aren't a lot of things, that Jesus tells us to do or remember - He says remember that "a servant is not greater than his master", "if you know what to do, blessed are you if you do it" - but something He does say, is pray "that you be worthy to escape all these things [tribulations] and to stand before the Son of Man [in rapture]" Have you prayed?

I'm not talking about a pretense or condemnation, I'm saying "here is something He said 'pray', we ought to pray". The Lord would know, if you were praying these things, there would be an air of understanding and appreciation in the things you are posting and why. You can't master something, for the sake of the Glory of the Lord, unless you are exercising your ability to pray - as Jesus presumed upon us, that we were able to do. He didn't say "pray this supremely difficult and awful prayer" - He said "I know you can pray, here is something you shouldn't stop praying". I mean are we in tune with the Holy Spirit or not? Let's be honest!

There are strengths that come with praying as we ought to pray, too: we learn self-confidence in the times in which we find ourselves and we take advantage of the things that have come before us. There is latent instinct in us, left there as vestiges of the struggle of the faith, from previous generations - if we commit to pray, what God also committed our forefathers to pray. Our fathers thought it would be done eventually (the prayer) and we forgive them, but Lord! Forgive us (in Your Name Amen). We also become established in the answer to the fears of the previous generation, things which they knew they hadn't done (as they were supposed to - we forgive them also for this, forgive us Lord (in Your Name Amen)).

The time is coming when our prayers will be all we have, that is, to defend ourselves with and to make a way for us. We need to be practicing early and diligently - "the prayer of a righteous man, avails much", that's my prayer at this stage: that my prayer that I be worthy to escape and to stand before the Son of Man, be righteously prayed for my sake and the sake of those with me. We can do this! It is not necessary that everyone believes, but that someone does (believe). I'm trusting that you are understanding that I am asking you specifically, because I want everyone who trusts the Lord to do so.

God bless.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here in Luke 21, Jesus is teaching about the end times and his 2nd coming.
Elsewhere he taught that it would be a terrible time, which is why he urges us to pray that we will escape what will happen.

We are told to expect persecution, something we do not experience and something we should be preparing for.
How will we fare if we are unable to meet to worship, if we have no bibles.
How able are we to sustain ourselves from what we have memorised.

Reactions: Gottservant

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in the rapture. Ezekiel chapter 13, God is against the rapture theory. Revelation is 13, every one will be tested by antichrist near future. The saints are God's Elect. They have gospel armory on. Read ephesians chapter 6, gospel armory is only way past antichrist lies and deception. It's knowledge and wisdom of God's word. Second thessalonians chapter 2, God has been sending strong delusions on those who love not the truth. They will believe antichrist lies near future. Luke chapter 13:24. Many people will go through wide gate, its sheol, its holding place for the spirtualty dead. Those who worshipped antichrist.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your choice=believe the Wordof God or satan's lies!

Jesus says,"Pray that you be counted worthy to escape."​

Matthew 24:21“For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.”​

Jesus says,"Pray that you be counted worthy to escape."​

Caught up IS the rapture!!

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 NIV​

Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be """caught up""" together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Reactions: Gottservant