JESUS Said To Be Careful And Not Be Deceived; Many Will Practice To Deceive = Matthew 24;4-5

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS Said To Be Careful And Not Be Deceived; Many Will Practice To Deceive = Matthew 24;4-5

***Definition of Deceive:

To give a false impression, mislead, lie, cheat, trick or delude.

Matthew 24;4-5

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:11

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:24-25

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before.

Mark 13:5-6

And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you: For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Luke 21:8

And He said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: Go ye not therefore after them.

Romans 16:17-18

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Ephesians 5:6-7

Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

II Timothy 3:13

But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

I John 1:7

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Revelation 20:9-10

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from GOD out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

AMEN

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The antidote to deception is alertness and knowledge.

If a Christian is striving to be like Jesus, to being obedient to his commands he is concentrating on Christian things and not on the distractions of the world..

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of those things are really written to any of us. They were into a generation that passed away already, who were warned to be ready, and to be watching for the return of Jesus Christ in their day and age, but it can be mistaken to be for us today. But whatever you believe, may God guide you by the spirit to have love, peace mercy forgiveness, long-suffering towards others as you live in this world in Jesus name God bless you.

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

***Definition of Deceive:

To give a false impression, mislead, lie, cheat, trick or delude.

Matthew 24;4-5

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Agreed, but many people misapply the timing of these warnings, nothing before verse 15 is about the 70th week end times, as a matter of fact everything from verses 4-13 is about the disciples specifically, not the end times, verse 14 tells what brings the end, verses 15-31 is that end time 70th week.

Verses 4-6 is Jesus warning his disciples about the Pharisees etc. putting forth Messianic type figures in like 68-70 AD in order to try and defeat the Fourth Beast as the Pharisees rightly saw Rome as, and they knew the Messiah was supposed to defeat the Fourth Beast, they did not understand that a 5th Beast the Anti-Christ/Little Horn only arises at the very end amongst the 10 kings (10 = Completion) or Complete Reunited Europe. This actually fulfills John 16:33 where Jesus told the Pharisees they would not accept him who came in the Fathers name, but would accept another who came in his own name, they indeed did this in like 68-70 AD, two or three times, which is documented.

Why did Jesus forewarn his disciples about this? Because if they had come rushing back to fight for whom they though was Jesus/the Messiah, not only would they have come but the fledgling Gentile church would have come also, and Satan would have loved to have destroyed the Church in its infancy. Thus Jesus makes very sure they understand "THIS IS NOT THE END" that is by and by or on down the road. He reveals what brings that end in vs 14 in a way they can not be deceived by anyone. So, what does verses 7 and 8 really mean? Its an off handed comment PROVING how far away Jesus Second Coming really is, Jesus said in verse 6 the end is by and by, then DEMONSTRATES what all that entails. Many, many wars, much Pestilence, more frequent earthquakes etc. etc. and these will like a woman in labor get more and more frequent, the baby doesn't just show up all at once in other words, and neither will the end. The end is way on down the word, here is a demonstration to prove this, NOW back to your survival guide and your fates I am giving unto you, where you will not betray me like Judas did (that's why he prewarned them they were all going to be killed, save John).

Matthew 24:11

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
This is also specifically about the Disciple fate, not the end times. These were not fake christians, ever hear of Johnathan Chan's new book "Return of the GODS"? He points out the early Church turned these pagan nations unto God over time, they overcome "THEIR GODS" via their own blood !! Now these same GODS or Demons ae taking back over our Western Cultures again. So, these "FALSE PROPHETS" who had them killed simply complained to Rome, etc. etc. that these Christians were taking away their patrons from them via many, many, many conversions in quick succession, thus they cried unto their leaders, and they forbid Christianity and started killing the Christians, and the Disciple were thus all killed save John. That is why Jesus tells them that they "MUST ENDURE UNTIL THE END" [ of ones life ], it does not mean that will be the end times, people misconstrue that. Jesus is basically saying, as Paul says, we must run the FULL RACE in order to be saved.

Then in verse 14 Jesus gives his disciples a foolproof way to understand that he was not going to show up in 70 AD nor in their lifetimes. Thus in verse 6 when he says the end is by and by or on down the road, now in verse 14 he shows what brings the END (70th week) and his return. He says when the Gospel has been preached unto all the world, THEN...............the end will come (70th week). So, the Disciples all knew of India, China and the people who lived up in the north (now Russians) past the Stepp Mountains, so they knew 100 percent that they would never see all of these nations Evangelized, so they knew 100 percent that the 70 AD events was not Jesus' 2nd Coming !! And that they would
all die for the Gospel. Thus they had 40 plus years to prepare for that death.
Matthew 24:24-25

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before.

Now and only now do we see THE Anti-Christ and False Prophet, not in verses 6 nor 11. It is important we divide it correctly, many see verses 7-8 as end times, its not, its just Jesus telling them why the end tines is much, much further on down the road.