Jesus=The Man God Became.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
first thanks for the reply, second, you did not understand what I was saying.
third Jesus was in likeness as a man. there is no hypostatic union. not in flesh. that flesh he took on Identified who was in it. for the flesh profit NOTHING. God put on a cloke, a vesture, and that NATURAL flesh was done away with at the resurrection.

PICJAG.

That is were we disagree. I believe Jesus was fully human, except for sin, while also being fully God.
There was no play acting etc at the vcrucifixtion or at the resurrection.

Yes Jesus's resurrected body is a supernatural body.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The One True Almighty God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit= the One True Almighty God!!
John 10:30
Jesus says==“I and my Father are one.”
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

I’m finally back again from a trip so I can now finally respond to your post….

What do you think you have found in verse John 10:30? Do you understand this verse you have just quoted?

Was Jesus somehow hallucinating or just kidding around when he meant in verse 25 that he does his Father’s work. And in verse 28 and 29 Jesus is strongly and implicitly suggesting he is going to die for our sins and thus give us eternal life and no one can deny this for those that believe. No can deny or snatch them out of his ‘hands’ because they are in his Fathers ‘hands’ and his Father is greater than all; including himself.

Don’t you see the strong and convincing conclusion that Jesus is finally saying in verse 30 that he and his Father are working together, as one. To bring salvation to people that believe! His Father brings believers to Jesus and Jesus in turn died for them on the cross. His Father could never complete this physical act himself. Jesus, his Son, was a crucial part of our salvation.

How in the world can you not see all this and eagerly deduce the entire context means Jesus = God? It is a fantastic and an ignorant conclusion, indeed. You definitely have an agenda to support - your pet unscriptural hypothesis and fantasy.

And I’m not even going to touch the second verse at this point, the one you have smugly laid down as some sort of convincing argument that Jesus = God once again.

What you do as many others on this site is cherry-pick verses and force an unscriptural conclusion that is pure fantasy. Where is your analysis? There is none because you really cannot provide any, as many others just parrot verses without any support.

John 1:1-3 and 14 are great examples are gross mistranslation. For starters, out of all the possible terms to translate ‘logos’ and then to pick ‘word’ or for those that might yet offended ‘Word.’ This is one of the most cryptic terms designed to confuse, indeed. ‘Voice’ would be more accurate and in context any day. The actual voice of God became the voice of the man, Jesus, his Son, in power/glory as in verse 14. And again in Revelation, the Lamb of God is the voice of God, in power.

Just read scripture and let it interpret itself; despite having to overcome some grossly mistranslated verses at times. Bible study is a great thing to do..

Bless you,

APAK

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is were we disagree. I believe Jesus was fully human, except for sin, while also being fully God.
There was no play acting etc at the vcrucifixtion or at the resurrection.

Yes Jesus's resurrected body is a supernatural body.
first thanks for the reply, second if Jesus was fully man, like you and I, then transfigure youself like Jesus did on the mount of transfiguration, then I'll agree with you. until you can transfigure yourself, then I'm in disagreement with you. ..... well at any time.

now, on the resurrection. that body he has now after his resurrection is not the body that came out of Mary, supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 15:35 "But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
1 Corinthians 15:36 "Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
1 Corinthians 15:37 "And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
1 Corinthians 15:38 "But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body".

so that which came out of Mary is not the body that "shall be". that's not Mary's baby boy anymore. sorry to bust your bubble. as a matter of Fact, May had nothing to do with that

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I’m not even going to touch the second verse at this point, the one you have smugly laid down as some sort of convincing argument that Jesus = God once again.
That's because it proves the point quite nicely.