Jesus Versus the Bible - Who will win?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong! There are dozens of lords in the Bible. However, there is only one Creator, YHWH.
Yep that’s the Son- John 1, Colossians 1, Hebrews 1, Genesis 1, 1 Corinthians 8:6 just off the top of my head plus many more scriptures .

hope this helps !!!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If that is true, then why didn't Jesus adhere to the Torah and have the woman caught in adultery stoned?
Because BOTH the guilty man and the guilty woman should have been presented to Him at the same time. Since only the woman was presented, there was no adherence to the Torah by her accusers. And that is probably what Christ wrote on the ground -- the actual words from Leviticus 20:10.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please watch this video and share your comments. Thanks.

I gather you do not believe the Bible is God's word, or that Jesus is not God's son. The only thing I can say is, to stay tuned, because time will give us the answer for sure.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I gather you do not believe the Bible is God's word, or that Jesus is not God's son. The only thing I can say is, to stay tuned, because time will give us the answer for sure.
'God's Word' is Jesus according to John 1. I believe it is important to distinguish between Jesus, the things he said and what the prophets wrote of what God said. They often attributed to God what was culturally believed as fact but in actual fact was incorrect.
If you want details, you'll need to ask and I'll be happy to supply them.

Mixing the two up has God ordering genocide through Prophets while saying he loves the children of Adam to die for by the Apostles. It easily becomes a formula for crazy making and justifying any type of convenient oppression......as did the use of slaves in the South of the US.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gather you do not believe the Bible is God's word, or that Jesus is not God's son.
Thanks for your comment.
I gather that you did not watch the video. - LOL
I agree with the response from @quietthinker in post #24.

And to be clear, Jesus is most certainly God's Son, and the word of God (prophetic utterance) is contained in the Bible.
The purpose of the Bible is to point us to Jesus. It's not an end in itself. (which leads to Bibliolatry)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'God's Word' is Jesus according to John 1. I believe it is important to distinguish between Jesus, the things he said and what the prophets wrote of what God said. They often attributed to God what was culturally believed as fact but in actual fact was incorrect.
If you want details, you'll need to ask and I'll be happy to supply them.

Mixing the two up has God ordering genocide through Prophets while saying he loves the children of Adam to die for by the Apostles. It easily becomes a formula for crazy making and justifying any type of convenient oppression......as did the use of slaves in the South of the US.
I was using God's word as being the Bible Thinkr. Jesus was called the Word because he is God's spokesman. God has taken judicial action in times past according to the Bible, and is going to do it again in our near future. So that either makes Him loving and just or exactly the opposite, time will tell. But remember it was Adam who chose to be his own god, and rejected Jehovah. I personally believe God handled it correctly by allowing us to be our own gods, but many still believe humans will get it all figured out, so God has to let this earth go to the point of extinction before He sends His forces on behalf of His covenanted people Mat 24:22

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your comment.
I gather that you did not watch the video. - LOL
I agree with the response from @quietthinker in post #24.

And to be clear, Jesus is most certainly God's Son, and the word of God (prophetic utterance) is contained in the Bible.
The purpose of the Bible is to point us to Jesus. It's not an end in itself. (which leads to Bibliolatry)
The Bible is a very unique Book for sure. The actual theme of the Bible is: The vindication of Jehovah's sovereignty and the fulfillment of His purpose for the earth by means of His Kingdom under Christ, the promised offspring. It contains both history and future events. One thing I have noticed, the more you learn about it, the more you realize you don't know. Ecc 3:11 is so very true.