Jesus Versus the Bible - Who will win?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't prefer these modern preachers that seek to denigrate God's word as found in the OT.

What they don't realize is that Jesus is Yahweh. (Not the Most High Yahweh) Yes, the Father and Son BOTH share the name "Yahweh." The Lord of Hosts is the Father. But when there is just the name translated as "Lord" ...most often it is Jesus.

The very same name...Yahweh ...to describe God who spoke face to face with Moses, is also the same name used to say that anyone who looks at the face of God will die.

Think about it.

The modern apologetic ministries try to convey a God who loves SO MUCH that He is incapable of having a proper and final judgment. To them...it would be like sacrificing our own children.

But their miscalculation is that we are not like God. He is selfless. We are selfish.

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't prefer these modern preachers that seek to denigrate God's word as found in the OT.
Odd since denigrating God's word as found in the OT is EXACTLY what you immediately do.

What they don't realize is that Jesus is Yahweh. (Not the Most High Yahweh) Yes, the Father and Son BOTH share the name "Yahweh."
Invention. The OT tells us God is one, who is the Most High and his (singular) name is YHWH. Not once is Jesus referred to as YHWH. Not once in the OT. Not once in the NT. Jesus NEVER claims to be YHWH. So, why are you making that claim, you do seek not to denigrate God's word as found in Scripture?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Odd since denigrating God's word as found in the OT is EXACTLY what you immediately do.

That's odd, because I uphold the truth of the OT as the foundation of righteousness that Jesus builds His holiness upon.

My detractors can't agree with what is wrong with the sound doctrine I teach...because it isn't a one dimensional understanding as those who seek to critique me espouse.
Invention. The OT tells us God is one, who is the Most High and his (singular) name is YHWH. Not once is Jesus referred to as YHWH. Not once in the OT. Not once in the NT. Jesus NEVER claims to be YHWH. So, why are you making that claim, you do seek not to denigrate God's word as found in Scripture?
The word Lord should be a giveaway...Jesus is Lord YHVH

The word uplifts Jesus. I think you are the one denigrating Him.

And the word of God (YHVH) became flesh.

Are you a believer?

Reactions: faithfulness

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
He refers to using the Old Covenant, to try to replace the New Covenant, is a "bad idea".

And who does that?

Everyone who is trying to not lose their salvation.
Everyone who believes that water baptism saves you.
Everyone who believes that to keep commandments and law, is how you go to heaven, and if you dont keep them, you'll go to hell.

So, the "Bad idea" he is pontificating is any "self righteousness", that is based on OT covenant that = denies the Grace of God, and offends the Cross of Christ.

"Legalism".

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What they don't realize is that Jesus is Yahweh. (Not the Most High Yahweh) Yes, the Father and Son BOTH share the name "Yahweh." The Lord of Hosts is the Father. But when there is just the name translated as "Lord" ...most often it is Jesus.

The very same name...Yahweh ...to describe God who spoke face to face with Moses, is also the same name used to say that anyone who looks at the face of God will die.

Think about it.

The modern apologetic ministries try to convey a God who loves SO MUCH that He is incapable of having a proper and final judgment. To them...it would be like sacrificing our own children.

But their miscalculation is that we are not like God. He is selfless. We are selfish.
Who did Isaiah see in Isaiah 6:1-5 ?

Is He the Most High ? Yes or no

Isaiah 6:1-5
In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne;and the train of his robe filled the temple.2 Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another:

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory.”
4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Think about it.

Thanks for weighing in on this.
Brian Z gave several examples to make his point. Did he get it wrong?
Especially the woman caught in adultery. What did the OT Bible say to do?

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please watch this video and share your comments. Thanks.

This guy nailed it brother . The whole OT points to Christ as He is the centerpiece of scripture. God in the flesh and everything Jesus said and did was the words and works of God Himself. My heart was singing hallelujah for capturing the heart of God/ Christ in that message. Posting this video was a good idea . Those who are negative about the message ( the biblicists) like Peter are a bad idea. As the Father said listen to Him. Nothing compares to Christ.

Amen !!!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This guy nailed it brother . The whole OT points to Christ as He is the centerpiece of scripture. God in the flesh and everything Jesus said and did was the words and works of God Himself. My heart was singing hallelujah for capturing the heart of God/ Christ in that message. Posting this video was a good idea . Those who are negative about the message ( the biblicists) like Peter are a bad idea. As the Father said listen to Him. Nothing compares to Christ.

Amen !!!
Great comments, thanks.

His presentation really helps to resolve some of the awkward things in the Bible.
If it doesn't align with Jesus, it's not for now.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you liked what BZ has presented you might like to check out the podcast link 'Rediscovering God' in my signature below.
Its objective is discovering God through Jesus. It consists of discussion between Ian, Warren and Sasha with Ian leading out. It is friendly, informative and dare I say it?, even entertaining :)

The later ones have the option of video/ youtube

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you liked what BZ has presented you might like to check out the podcast link 'Rediscovering God' in my signature below.
Its objective is discovering God through Jesus. It consists of discussion between Ian, Warren and Sasha with Ian leading out. It is friendly, informative and dare I say it?, even entertaining :)

The later ones have the option of video/ youtube
I must be blind as I did not see a link

• Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Jesus Versus the Bible - Who will win?

I don't watch posted videos. But there has never been a time when Jesus and the Bible were in any kind of conflict. The eternal Word of God (Jesus) is always in harmony with the written Word of God. In fact it was Jesus (before His incarnation) who gave the Torah to Moses.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

I don't watch posted videos. But there has never been a time when Jesus and the Bible were in any kind of conflict. The eternal Word of God (Jesus) is always in harmony with the written Word of God. In fact it was Jesus (before His incarnation) who gave the Torah to Moses.

And Christ would preach from the Torah, in synagogs.

That is the WORD of God, reading the word of God.

You could argue that this is quite a miracle, performed every time Jesus spoke or read from the Torah.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If that is true, then why didn't Jesus adhere to the Torah and have the woman caught in adultery stoned?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If that is true, then why didn't Jesus adhere to the Torah and have the woman caught in adultery stoned?

Matthew 9:6

Because as Jesus told them...>"the Son of Man, has authority on earth, to forgive sins"

So, He forgive hers.

And from the Cross The SON OF MAN who is Jesus THE Christ laid down His life as THE forgiveness for the sin of the world even till today and even till forever.

A.) = "Jesus is THE.....ONE TIME.......ETERNAL SACRIFICE......for Sin".