Jesus wanted to live not to die

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not seen such faith from anyone of Israel maybe, huh
Yes, Jesus spoke similar words about two different people. The Roman centurion perhaps had some knowledge of the ways and beliefs of the Jews from being around them, but the Naaman the Syrian lived in another place where there were no Levitical priests to read and explain the scriptures and there were no God inspired written scriptures around for anyone to read and understand. Sometimes people without a Bible and without a guiding preacher/teacher may somehow have a better heart than many of those who do. What does this mean?

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"The prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me." (John 14.30).

There was nothing in the Lord Jesus to respond to temptation.

"But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed." (James 1.14) — this never happened to the Lord Jesus, because He totally sinless.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me." (John 14.30).

There was nothing in the Lord Jesus to respond to temptation.

"But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed." (James 1.14) — this never happened to the Lord Jesus, because He totally sinless.
Yes... what was it that happened with the first Adam? Was he not also without sin for a period of time? It may make it understandable why some might go the way that Apostle Paul suggested here... or not:

"For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.
I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I." I Cor 7:7-8

But then he continued...

"But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn." I Cor 7:9

Did Adam then disobey in order to support Eve? Were they, Adam and Eve, a bit too much like the ones who built the tower of Babel?
Jesus never had a wife to draw him to a place in front of his Father.

Yet would not many burn if they did not have a wife?

More questions! And the answers are?

Love the Truth even when we don't know it all perfectly.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: mjrhealth

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Adam then disobey in order to support Eve?
Not indicated in Scripture at all. Some people have hypothesized , without evidence, that this or that emotion or feeling or choice of will
was at play -
concerning Havah (Eve) or not.....
but then a house or a tower of false teachings got built on the quicksand of false premise(s),
and it will all come-a-tumbling down when the Savior of Mankind Returns,
or
for any soul, when the LIGHT shines in their heart and sets them free (can happen any day, God's Choice).

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes people without a Bible and without a guiding preacher/teacher may somehow have a better heart that many of those who do. What does this mean?
As written (and noted a few times or more in this forum)
those God wrote His Torah on their hearts , who DO what Torah says, God Says they are justified..
even though they do not have a Bible/Teaching/ Torah.
And those who do have a Bible/ Torah/ Teaching, but DO NOT DO what Torah says, God says they are unjustified.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not indicated in Scripture at all. Some people have hypothesized , without evidence, that this or that emotion or feeling or choice of will
was at play -
concerning Havah (Eve) or not.....
but then a house or a tower of false teachings got built on the quicksand of false premise(s),
and it will all come-a-tumbling down when the Savior of Mankind Returns,
or
for any soul, when the LIGHT shines in their heart and sets them free (can happen any day, God's Choice).
And I am not suggesting or supporting these things in particular. Rather I sometimes pose questions for consideration. The fact the some things are not specifically mentioned in written scriptures may makes some people at least ask why they are not there. When something not written is mentioned hopefully a person to reflect and study and talk to God about it before deciding to accept it as truth. What will the result of that be? God does know!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When something not written is mentioned hopefully a person to reflect and study and talk to God about it before deciding to accept it as truth. What will the result of that be? God does know!

After testing a message, if it is not PROVEN in line with Scripture, it is not accepted as truth.

NO matter how much "reflect and study and talk to God about it" is accomplished...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After testing a message, if it is not PROVEN in line with Scripture, it is not accepted as truth.

NO matter how much "reflect and study and talk to God about it" is accomplished...
For you and for him and for the other guy I may need to cite a verse but for me when I hear and recognize His voice, there is no problem:

"To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice." John 10:3-4

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For you and for him and for the other guy I may need to cite a verse but for me when I hear and recognize His voice, there is no problem:
Correct and not necessarily a contradiction.

It is when something new, a new or unknown message/speaker/so on/. , not know by Scripture to be true, it needs to be tested. Even from Apostles it is the new messages, or not heard by someone before, that the message must be verified before accepting it.
Messages that are simply not important, not accepted, or not (at the moment?) of interest - they do not have to be tested, as long as they are not accepted.
Messages that are already known and proven long centuries to be false, they do not have to be tested again either - they just are always rejected - the false gospel is always rejected , it does not need to be tested again, nor should it be even listened to !

But if you hear His Voice, and a message not in line with Scripture, not known to be true already, is delivered... it must be tested - "test the spirits" is a command, not an option.. and is woefully complied with - so many heads over heals follow bad spirits.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yes, Jesus spoke similar words about two different people. The Roman centurion perhaps had some knowledge of the ways and beliefs of the Jews from being around them, but the Naaman the Syrian lived in another place where there were no Levitical priests to read and explain the scriptures and there were no God inspired written scriptures around for anyone to read and understand. Sometimes people without a Bible and without a guiding preacher/teacher may somehow have a better heart that many of those who do. What does this mean?
word
Scripture goes so far as to say the pimps and hos are beating you in even, but apparently pleasantness is a virtue, ya. The Centurion is really kind of the shocker to me though; all i can take from that is that even a "Roman"--which is my current understanding of what most ppl deem "Christians" now btw--can please Yah by having faith?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 7:5 for he loves our nation and has built our synagogue."
www . biblehub.com/luke/7-5.htm
The Faith of the Centurion … 4 They came to Jesus and pleaded with Him earnestly, "This man is worthy to have You grant this, 5 for

he loves our nation and has built our synagogue.
"

So Jesus went with them. But when He was not far from the house, the centurion sent friends with the message: "Lord, do not trouble Yourself, for I am not worthy to have You come under my roof.…

word
Scripture goes so far as to say the pimps and hos are beating you in even, but apparently pleasantness is a virtue, ya. The Centurion is really kind of the shocker to me though; all i can take from that is that even a "Roman"--which is my current understanding of what most ppl deem "Christians" now btw--can please Yah by having faith?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
word

People please Him by getting into His name but with a mixed message how far can a person get. Coming with nothing at all but faith could be a better way into His name...or?

Here something I saved from some forum in 2016. It may have posted it here...but I really don't remember...

"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." Col 3:17

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20

Being "in the name" is much more than simply saying "in the name of Jesus" when we are praying. People say that there is power in the name and there is but the key is to be "IN" the name. At a neighborhood bar room people may regularly say the word, "Jesus" with their mouths but never are "IN" the name.

When a person is "in the name" completely isn't it that he has the mind of Christ? Do all of us have the mind of Christ all of the time? If we did, we certainly wouldn't sin at all, would we?

I believe that a person can be in the name without saying the name or even without knowing the name in his carnal mind. A number of people in the OT [at least, in a measure], I believe were in the name before any prophet knew what that name was in order to be able to speak it with his mouth.

Wasn't Elijah in the name when he was confronting the 400 prophets of Baal?

Wasn't David 'a man after God's own heart' and the 'apple of God's eye', also in the name or in His name, when God was inspiring him to write many of the psalms attributed to him in the Bible?

Neither Elijah nor David knew that the name of the savior was to be "Jesus" or "Yeshua" or any other spoken name, which man has applied to the Savior in the flesh, unless it was Immanuel.

Yet, were not both of them, and others, in the name or in His name long before the time of John the Baptist?

The following verse gives us more about this, does it not?

"For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another)" Rom 2:14-15

Were those not also in some measure "in the name" when they did the right things without having heard the spoken word, "Jesus"?

Paul also says something here on this subject:

"For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you." Acts 17:23

Isn't it also possible that among those Athenians, one or more who knew of that altar to the unknown God were also in His name before Paul talked to them that day?

If they were in the name, didn't they get there without having any written Bible?

If a 10 year old child living in mainland China has always had a tender heart toward people and his Creator and has learned to give his all to everyone with whom he comes into contact, who is to say that that child isn't in the name, simply he has seen nor heard of the Bible?

If that child has come into touch with God's Spirit without knowing anything about what the written Bible says, isn't it into the name that the Spirit would lead him?

If the child did need more in order to continue growing, would not God's Spirit be able to direct him to a person and/or to direct a person to him even as Philip was sent to the Ethiopian Eunuch?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Correct and not necessarily a contradiction.

It is when something new, a new or unknown message/speaker/so on/. , not know by Scripture to be true, it needs to be tested. Even from Apostles it is the new messages, or not heard by someone before, that the message must be verified before accepting it.
Messages that are simply not important, not accepted, or not (at the moment?) of interest - they do not have to be tested, as long as they are not accepted.
Messages that are already known and proven long centuries to be false, they do not have to be tested again either - they just are always rejected - the false gospel is always rejected , it does not need to be tested again, nor should it be even listened to !

But if you hear His Voice, and a message not in line with Scripture, not known to be true already, is delivered... it must be tested - "test the spirits" is a command, not an option.. and is woefully complied with - so many heads over heals follow bad spirits.
There are a lot of people on this forum and amongst those who study who quote scripture and are wrong.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a lot of people on this forum and amongst those who study who quote scripture and are wrong.
Billions of people on earth are wrong, so ? You have been shown you are wrong , yet for one reason or another you choose not to acknowledge Jesus is God, so ? What will happen ? Will the mistake cost you your soul ? I don't know. God knows. Will it ever come out why you deny Jesus ? I don't know -
God knows though. Something long ago, something deeper than you may ever have posted about, something you perhaps do not know yourself consciously ,
may be keeping you from acknowledging Jesus as God..... when will that be revealed ? God knows.

How many other mistakes , whether because of that one, or for other reasons ?
I don't know,
God knows.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Billions of people on earth are wrong, so ? You have been shown you are wrong , yet for one reason or another you choose not to acknowledge Jesus is God, so ? What will happen ? Will the mistake cost you your soul ? I don't know. God knows. Will it ever come out why you deny Jesus ? I don't know -
God knows though. Something long ago, something deeper than you may ever have posted about, something you perhaps do not know yourself consciously ,
may be keeping you from acknowledging Jesus as God..... when will that be revealed ? God knows.

How many other mistakes , whether because of that one, or for other reasons ?
I don't know,
God knows.
You are denying Him his works, His glory His suffering His effort, just because you dont understand, that is not Gods doing.

Just like this

Mat 21:37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.
Mat 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
Mat 21:39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
Mat 21:40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?

Seem even Christians want Jesus gone.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seem even Christians want Jesus gone.
Seems you never accepted him - you always want him gone ...
Just what you just now did, ... again, and again, and again, continually, daily, as often as you post...
You are denying Him his works, His glory His suffering His effort, just because you dont understand, that is not Gods doing.
Bearing false testimony as you do, yet we pray for mercy for you , perhaps - if it is not a sin unto death (not to pray for that one)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Seems you never accepted him - you always want him gone ...

Just what you just now did, ... again, and again, and again, continually, daily, as often as you post...

Bearing false testimony as you do, yet we pray for mercy for you , perhaps - if it is not a sin unto death (not to pray for that one)
Oh so now we twist words, no escape from the truth, you should ask for mercy for yourself,.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apparent conflict you see is the one I see with regard to every man considering this verse:

"God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew." Rom 11:2
I believe that God knew at all time [before the foundation of the world] who was going to make it to the end with Him and who was not... but that was not for me predestination.

I also believe that God gave each of us a choice between God and mammon. The choice really was/is ours even though God knew our choice before we did.

Trying to understand that by human logic may twist you in knots. I don't dwell on it much myself because I don't like being all twisted up in knots either.

Yes, Jesus as a man had the ability to sin, but he never did. His Father knew [foreknew] that Jesus would not. Again this is where we need the understanding of that sometimes seen man @ScottA Of course, that's for me. Some others here will reject him and throw me away as well just because...
I have not been following the tread, and not sure how this will fit in, but TIME is as follows:

The context of God is "the same yesterday, today, and forever", while the context of time is "passing away." They are not the same, yet God by revelations has overlaid the things of time with the things of eternity. Therefore, when we read of the things witnessed in the context of time, they actually occurred before time. And as Jesus is God, He too is not of the world and that context, but One with the Father and also "the same yesterday, today, and forever." As such, if we are "in Christ" having been "born again of the spirit of God", we too are not of this context...but are as Paul explained, "alive and remain" in the world for His service until the end.

So, then, even though those things that we experience in this would-be time-based reality, are not real as God is real, they are rather revelations by the media of time and the power of God. Meaning...just as it is with God that all things are not according to "days and weeks and years", but rather according to "I am", which is to say: All things of God, simply "are", and the best explanation from God is that it all happened, not over the course of time, but "in the twinkling of an eye" "before the world was."

History (and time) is simply His story of our deliverance and His justice, in which, to be true, while He reads...we have our own parts to play. "He who has an ear, let him hear."

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not been following the tread, and not sure how this will fit in, but TIME is as follows:

The context of God is "the same yesterday, today, and forever", while the context of time is "passing away." They are not the same, yet God by revelations has overlaid the things of time with the things of eternity. Therefore, we read of the things witnessed in the context of time, they actually occurred before time. And as Jesus is God, He too is not of the world and that context, but One with the Father and also "the same yesterday, today, and forever." As such, if we are "in Christ" having been "born again of the spirit of God", we too are not of this context...but are as Paul explained, "alive and remain" in the world for His service until the end.

So, then, even though those things that we experience in this would-be time-based reality, are not real as God is real, they are rather revelations by the media of time and the power of God. Meaning...just as it is with God that all things are not according to "days and weeks and years", but rather according to "I am", which is to say: All things of God, simply "are", and the best explanation from God is that it all happened, not over the course of time, but "in the twinkling of an eye" "before the world was."

History (and time) is simply His story of our deliverance and His justice, in which, to be true, while He reads...we have our own parts to play. "He who has an ear, let him hear."
Thank you my friend. I would have trouble expressing it as you have. but it does tell it for me as well.
Give God the glory!