Jesus wants personal relationship with us.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read this today@

"Experiencing a personal relationship with Christ fills us "to the measure of all the fulness of God" - Ephesians 3:19. It is not just an intellectual acceptance of certain truths or simply a change of lifestyle; it is a relationship with a person who can be truly known. We might sense Him leading us, comforting us, sometimes challenging us and often beckoning us to come closer. Different people may experience Him in different ways, but we can all grow to know Him, hear Him and love Him more over time."

By “Faith alone”?

not baptismal regeneration?
Mark 16:16 he who believes and is baptized shall be saved
John 3:5 by water and the spirit
gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
sanctification is by the grace of God merited by Christ in his passion and death and applies to us by prayer, fasting, alms, sacrifice/suffering, the practice of virtue and the seven sacraments
You are certainly entitled to your opinion....and that is all it is - an opinion :Broadly:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
sanctification is by the grace of God merited by Christ in his passion and death and applies to us by prayer, fasting, alms, sacrifice/suffering, the practice of virtue and the seven sacraments
So you are basically saying that sanctification is by works :smlhmm:hmmm...interesting!

Reactions: Nancy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read this today@

"Experiencing a personal relationship with Christ fills us "to the measure of all the fulness of God" - Ephesians 3:19. It is not just an intellectual acceptance of certain truths or simply a change of lifestyle; it is a relationship with a person who can be truly known. We might sense Him leading us, comforting us, sometimes challenging us and often beckoning us to come closer. Different people may experience Him in different ways, but we can all grow to know Him, hear Him and love Him more over time."

truth does not matter!
(Even though Truth is from God!)

now only “LUV” matters!

what happened to “faith alone”?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are certainly entitled to your opinion....and that is all it is - an opinion :Broadly:

John 1:16-17

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Sacramental life: Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. Jn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Baptism: (initiation into the covenant)
Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5
1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

The Eucharist: (holy communion)
Mt 26:26-39 Jn 6:51-58 1 Cor 11:23-25

Confession of sins:
Jn 20:23 / 1 Jn 1:9 / 2 cor 5:18

Confirmation
Lk 22:32 acts 8:14-17
acts 14:22

Marriage:
Matt 19:4-6

Holy orders: (priesthood)
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru His priesthood in Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 10:1-8 Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 acts 1:17 acts 6:4 acts 8:26
2 Cor 5:18 1 Tim 4:14 Eph 2:20

Extreme unction: (anointing with oil)
1 Tim 4:14 James 5:14

The ark of salvation: one, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter and the apostles!

not opinions

Ask (prayer) and you shall receive

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are basically saying that sanctification is by works :smlhmm:hmmm...interesting!

You’re doctrine completely skips justification and sanctification

saved by faith alone right?

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Hebrews 10:24
And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to goodworks:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can be the world's very best at doing good works but unless you are doing them from a heart and mind indwelt by the Holy Spirit they are as nothing to God.

We are members of Christ in his grace and filled with his spirit!

All our actions are meritorious baptized into Christ and his church! 1 cor 12:13 put on Christ! Gal 3:27

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

1 Corinthians 12:26
And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

1 Peter 4:13
But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Religion is what man owes to God for having created him in His image and likeness!

To Christ for having redeemed him in His own blood!

to the Holy Spirit for sanctifying him in the sacraments of holy mother church!

it only Christ by His grace (merits of His blood passion and death) that we are enabled and empowered to actually be holy and righteous and all our actions

if we live by the spirit we put to death the deeds of the flesh

my grace is sufficient for you

Phil 4:13 I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing!

our participation is required

Eph 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, (his grace and virtues work in us healing our defective nature and enabling us to be righteous and holy accomplishing his holy will!

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
truth does not matter!
(Even though Truth is from God!)

now only “LUV” matters!

what happened to “faith alone”?
How about faith working through love produces works?
When my mother, whom I dearly loved was told she was terminally ill, my wife and I went to look after her in her home during her illness. During that time, I put aside my own wants and desires, and simply wanted to aid my mother to have as much happiness as possible in the time she had left to live. It was a joy to me to be able to take her out for days to places she loved to go before the illness progressed to curtail these activities. Taking her to see her friends, and bringing them to see her made me so happy, to see the happiness it brought my mother. Nothing was too much trouble to do for her. One evening I was standing outside my mother’s home and I reflected on the fact I was living closer to the biblical ideal than I had ever previously lived. I did not covet what was my mothers, I didn’t want to murder or steal from her. I didn’t want to bear false witness against her, and I honoured her. Did I have to look to the written law/commandments and strive to obey them in order to treat my mother that way? No! I never once thought of any of those commands where my mother was concerned. So why was I obeying them? Because I loved my mother dearly. Love really is the fulfilment of the law.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus wants personal relationship with us.

Me and other non-denominationals follow Jesus on a personal level because he said-
"You have one teacher, me" (Matthew 23:10)
I mean, he's simple enough to understand-
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)
So it beats me why people think they have to join organised religions and cults to let them do their thinking for them..;)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me and other non-denominationals follow Jesus on a personal level because he said-
"You have one teacher, me" (Matthew 23:10)
I mean, he's simple enough to understand-
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)
So it beats me why people think they have to join organised religions and cults to let them do their thinking for them..;)

it’s not a Bible study, it’s a covenant and you have no authority to think for yourself, must accept the faith or reject it
Eph 4:5

All Protestants, fundamentalists, rigorist are infected with pride and the vices!

Like Saul they thought they are doing the will of God and acting righteously with correct faith!

but then comes the blinding light of Christ!

Protestant fundamentalism is based on pride, presumption, and arrogance!

The doctrine of demons has built in vices!

Jn 8:32 the truth shall make you free! So false doctrine shall hold you in bondage!

The nature of pride always says no I will not serve, like the father of pride! Pride always protests and lives in a continuous state of rebellion!

The virtues of a Christian are those of Christ, humility, Mt 11:29 obedience, and submission to proper authority, acceptance holy church and all she proposes for belief! Matt 28:19

The Faithful!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..you have no authority to think for yourself, must accept the faith or reject it
Eph 4:5..

Depends what "faith" you're talking about mate; there are some offshoot christian cults that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole..:)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends what "faith" you're talking about mate; there are some offshoot christian cults that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole..:)

the faith revealed by Christ to his apostles and taught for 2000 yrs
Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

the apostles creed!
The Nicene creed!
Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)
Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Copied from another post fyi

First of all – your claims that the Church “suppressed” the Scriptures and wrote them in a language that was unreadable to the masses is astoundingly stupid.
If you actually KEW your history, you would know that the MAJORITY of those masses were ILLITERATE and had virtually NO NEED for the written Scriptures. In fact – it is estimated that as much as 85-90% of the general public was functionally illiterate. Besides - the Bible tells us that faith comes from HEARING the Word (Rom. 10:17). Virtually the ENTIRE Bible is read aloud inn a 3-year Mass cycle.

Prior to the printing press in the 15th century – Bibles were VERY expensive because they took a team of scribes to HARD-COPYthem and took YEARS to complete a single copy. For this reason, Bibles were chained to pulpits to prevent them from being stolen.

Some rich, educated people would have unauthorized versions copied by unqualified translators. This led to the Church trying to suppress these unauthorized and spuriouscopied versions of Scripture that were causing confusion because of their many errors. Because of this – the Church forbade the copying and owning of unauthorizedversions.

Additionally, YOUR claim that the Church ONLY copied the Bible in Latin is FALSE. Many of the Books had already been translated into SEVERAL languages prior to the early Protestant versions.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prove it..:p

Major covenants!

God initiated each covenant and the mediator always remains on earth mediating the covenant except for Christ who made Peter His personal representative and vicar! (Matt 16:18)

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal) All men!

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people. All men!

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world. All men!

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. All men!

Lk 2: 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. All men!

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (All people universal) All men!

1 Tim 2:5 one mediator

Jn 10:16 One new covenant church

Only Jesus Christ has authority to found the church on Peter and the apostles! Matt 16:18-19 Matt 18:18
Jn 20:21 eph 2:20

All others are heretical sects the tradition of men!

Christ is king and established a kingdom!

Obedience to the apostles who have the jurisdictional authority to govern the church and administer the kingdom is obedience to Christ!

Kingdom

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

the holy Catholic Church

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Jesus Christ is king!

We must submit and obey the king of kings!

And His authorized ministers that He Himself appointed!

Matt 16:18-19 & 28:28 eph 2:20 Jn 20:21-23

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Major covenants!
God initiated each covenant and the mediator always remains on earth mediating the covenant except for Christ who made Peter His personal representative and vicar! (Matt 16:18)

Yeah but why should we listen to that Pope bloke in Rome?