Jesus was not a Jew?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Here is a sample of his point of view with an excerpt from him. The point is that it’s good to discriminate

Thanks.

@GEN2REV said in post #52 that I‘m ready for this thread to be closed. In fact, that’s the polar opposite of what I want.

Comparet and the Christian Identity movement is taking people down an old familiar dark path. I want to raise readers awareness about it and for members to be talking about it.

”The Institute was disbanded after the war, and its major achievements - removing the Old Testament from church liturgies, declaring Jesus an Aryan, dejudaizing the New Testament and hymnal - were discarded by the postwar Protestant church. … The Institute‘s basic theological teachings were not systematically scrutinized and repudiated after the war, leaving behind a troubling legacy of negative teachings about Judaism that, in some cases, continued to be promulgated …”

(Susannah Heschel, The Aryan Jesus: Christian Theologians and the Bible in Nazi Germany, p. 24)

That same spirit is still active in the world.

Reactions: RLT63

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, here we go.

Clearly you've been defeated in your efforts to prove Jesus is a jew and now you're ready for the thread to be closed.

It's ok, I don't think you really had any other options.

God bless.
Antisemitic racists, particularly those who insist Jesus was not a Jew, will always fail in their effort to corrupt scripture.

It took awhile, however G2R is showing their true colors
I admitted no such thing.
Yes, you did.

Regurgitating racist propaganda is deplorable.

Christians here will not be persuaded by your agenda.

Jew
Table of Contents
HomeWorld HistoryThe Modern World
History & Society

Jew​

people
Actions

Also known as: Yĕhūdhī, Yehudi
Written and fact-checked by

The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica
Last Updated: Jul 17, 2023 • Article History
Table of Contents

Recent News​

Jul. 17, 2023, 11:56 AM ET (AP)
Hall of Famer Johnny Bench apologizes for antisemitic remark at Cincinnati Reds event
Jul. 1, 2023, 8:10 PM ET (AP)
NYC school officials say yeshivas run by Hasidic community fail to teach students in core subjects
Show More

Jew, Hebrew Yĕhūdhī or Yehudi, any person whose religion is Judaism. In the broader sense of the term, a Jew is any person belonging to the worldwide group that constitutes, through descent or conversion, a continuation of the ancient Jewish people, who were themselves descendants of the Hebrews of the Bible (Old Testament). In ancient times, a Yĕhūdhī was originally a member of Judah—i.e., either of the tribe of Judah (one of the 12 tribes that took possession of the Promised Land) or of the subsequent Kingdom of Judah (in contrast to the rival Kingdom of Israel to the north). The Jewish people as a whole, initially called Hebrews (ʿIvrim), were known as Israelites (Yisreʾelim) from the time of their entrance into the Holy Land to the end of the Babylonian Exile (538 BCE). Thereafter, the term Yĕhūdhī (Latin: Judaeus; French: Juif; German: Jude; and English: Jew) was used to signify all adherents of Judaism, because the survivors of the Exile (former inhabitants of the Kingdom of Judah) were the only Israelites who had retained their distinctive identity. (The 10 tribes of the northern kingdom of Israel had been dispersed after the Assyrian conquest of 721 BCE and were gradually assimilated by other peoples.)

Source, further reading from a source that cannot be accused of religious bias.

Jesus was a Jew.
Your jesus does not exist.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks.

@GEN2REV said in post #52 that I‘m ready for this thread to be closed. In fact, that’s the polar opposite of what I want.

Comparet and the Christian Identity movement is taking people down an old familiar dark path. I want to raise readers awareness about it and for members to be talking about it.

”The Institute was disbanded after the war, and its major achievements - removing the Old Testament from church liturgies, declaring Jesus an Aryan, dejudaizing the New Testament and hymnal - were discarded by the postwar Protestant church. … The Institute‘s basic theological teachings were not systematically scrutinized and repudiated after the war, leaving behind a troubling legacy of negative teachings about Judaism that, in some cases, continued to be promulgated …”

(Susannah Heschel, The Aryan Jesus: Christian Theologians and the Bible in Nazi Germany, p. 24)

That same spirit is still active in the world.
There's a site that promotes the kind of anti-Jewish propaganda as what G2R is attempting here.

They even have a book they claim is a Bible It is wholly racist antiemetic interpolation and was written by a former ex-con while in prison on a charge he will not divulge.

Christogenia. They also have a website forum. The membership comprised entirely of family members. They're the refaced KKK.

Reactions: Matthias

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought this was what Jesus looked like. He is so handsome,.A-Khx3TCAAIQdf6.jpg

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that Jesus was a Jew.
Ok, let's see.

Do you agree that this is an exclusively jewish symbol?

6Tr6R7zpc.png

And what does this symbol mean to a jewish monotheist?

The Bible makes clear that it is certainly not a "star of David" as is commonly claimed.

There is no star of David mentioned anywhere in the Bible. It is actually a jewish idolatry symbol, the star of the demon god moloch, or remphan, spoken of in Amos 5:26-27 and the early church deacon Stephen condemned the jews for it in Acts 7:43.

Now, would you like to claim here, for all to see, that you believe Jesus Christ is in league with satan and approves of the worship of demons?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Ok, let's see.

Do you agree that this is an exclusively jewish symbol?

6Tr6R7zpc.png

No.

And what does this symbol mean to a jewish monotheist?

It can mean any number of things.

The Bible makes clear that it is certainly not a "star of David" as is commonly claimed.

Where does the Bible do that?

There is no star of David mentioned anywhere in the Bible.

My point in asking the question.

It is actually a jewish idolatry symbol, the star of the demon god moloch, or remphan, spoken of in Amos 5:26-27 and the early church deacon Stephen condemned the jews for it in Acts 7:43.

See my comment above concerning what does the symbol mean to a Jewish monotheist.

I’m not a Zionist.

Now, would you like to claim here, for all to see, that you believe Jesus Christ is in league with satan and approves of the worship of demons?

I don’t believe Jesus Christ is in league with Satan and approves of the worship of demons.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I couldn't care less about Christian Identity.

I'm not Anglo.

The speaker in the video you offered as evidence for our consideration in support of your position cared and was.

What I do care about is the Truth of whether or not Jesus was a jew because it has immeasurable significance in proper interpretation of the Bible.

It’s an important issue.

I have presented, in this thread and others, much evidence to prove that Jesus is not a jew and those who are sincerely interested will be edified.

I’ve looked at your evidence and so have others. I don’t find it persuasive and I haven’t seen anyone else say that they’ve found it persuasive.

Despite any efforts on your part, or on the part of anybody else here or elsewhere.

The Truth is the Truth.

Jesus is not a jew.

Jesus is not a Jew is not the truth.

What Jesus taught in the Bible is completely opposed to the jewish religion. Period.

Love it or hate it.

His religion is Jewish. I love it.

Reactions: Cassandra

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Some history concerning the symbol @GEN2REV asked about in post #65. Note particularly the discussion of it’s occurrences and various meanings in other cultural contexts.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
In the town where I was born there was an old building that had a row of swastikas on it. I read recently that the building was torn down a few years ago but I remember seeing it as a teenager and asking my mother about it - “Nazis lived in the town where I was born?” She explained that it is an ancient symbol that is found in many cultures and assigned multiple meanings. It was never just the symbol of Nazism. There were never any known Nazis living in the town, and the building - with its row of swastikas - was constructed in the late 1800’s.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is King and High priest. Mother Mary was half Jewish and half levity.
Judah is the King line and Levity the priest line. = Jesus is King and High Priest............
Many times in the Bible Jesus was called Rabi. on a board over his head on the cross was carved the words. King of the Jews.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW This is a pretty wild thread.

So I might as well throw some overall facts into the mix

1. In the conversation…. was Christ a Jew….Joseph is irrelevant, because he is not his father.

2. For those that cannot stand the idea that Yahweh had sex with Miriam….Christ is not the actual Son of God…we can call Him a Zap! A creation! A manifestation! A miracle! Beam Him in Scotty! But unless Yahweh cast His seed in Miriam's womb….Christ is not the Son of God. And I believe Christ is the actual Son of Yahweh.

3. Christ’s Jewish heritage….bloodline to David goes through Miriam.

4. Christ’s office of High Priest comes from the Order of Melchizedek. Who was probably Magi, which would explain their interest in Him. And that turns to other topics.

5. What did they call the Jews? LOL Anything but Jew. No J’s or J sounds in the biblical languages. No person, place, or thing that starts with a J. The letter J comes out 1400 years after the biblical period, does not catch on until the late 1500’s. No one knows where the word/name Jesus came from. Most of what you know that started with a J was actually a Y in the scriptures.

6. They removed God the Father’s name from the Old Testament long before the New Testament era. And Christ’s name was never written in the New Testament….They used a Greek word that meant healer in the New Testament….not His actual name. Which was Yeshua. LOL LOL Think about it, would Miriam name her Son with a Greek name? Someone should have noticed this!

7. Was Christ a Jew? That was initially important to the Jews, but not to the Gentile-Christians. But mostly Yeshua was a God. Part of a Godhead, God the Father, and God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit…the un-named God….Yep there is three of them….not one.

Last edited:
Reactions: pompadour

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6. They removed God the Father’s name from the Old Testament long before the New Testament era. And Christ’s name was never written in the New Testament….They used a Greek word that meant healer in the New Testament….not His actual name. Which was Yeshua. LOL LOL Think about it, would Miriam name her Son with a Greek name? Someone should have noticed this!
Yeshua Hamashiach means “Jesus the Messiah.” The name Jesus is the Greek form of the Hebrew name Yeshua, which is the shortened form of the name Yehoshua. From this Hebrew word we also get the name Joshua (Joshua 5:15) or Hoshea (Numbers 13:8; Deuteronomy 32:44). The name means “salvation” and is found more than often throughout the Old Testament. This is the name from which we get the Greek word Iesous, prounounced “yay-sus,” or as we say it, “Jesus.”

Reactions: JosephZ

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Do you believe Jesus approves of demon-worship?

As you know or suspect, the majority of the members of the Board believe that Jesus is a Jew. What you‘re asking one member who holds that belief you’re asking all members who hold that belief.

Do the majority of the members of the Board believe that Jesus approves of demon-worship? No.

Does your question signal that you believe they do?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeshua Hamashiach means “Jesus the Messiah.” The name Jesus is the Greek form of the Hebrew name Yeshua, which is the shortened form of the name Yehoshua. From this Hebrew word we also get the name Joshua (Joshua 5:15) or Hoshea (Numbers 13:8; Deuteronomy 32:44). The name means “salvation” and is found more than often throughout the Old Testament. This is the name from which we get the Greek word Iesous, prounounced “yay-sus,” or as we say it, “Jesus.”
The Johnny Appleseed of truth.....

I can tell the truth, whether you like it or not is not my ministry.

Yeshua is Christ's name and it is like Ed and Edward so Yehoshua is correct too.
Like I said no one knows where the word Jesus came from but it does not appear anywhere before the 17th century.

Even in the first print of the KJV it used the word Iesous. Iesous is a Greek word for healer....and most know that Christ's name was a common name, but you will not find anyone named Iesous in history ....because it is not a name, it is a word. Ἰησοῦς-Iesous-healer.

His name appears as Yeshua in the Hebrew text…the Old Testament, but with the J slam all the words that started with Y’s were changed to J’s. So in most modern Bibles His name appears as Jeshua or Joshua in the Old Testament. If you ever visit Jerusalem, ask them how they pronounce the name of their city….it does not start with a J. Same thing goes for Yahweh, Yob, Yacob, Yames, Yericho etc. Jesus is not a translation of anything.

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There is no star of David mentioned anywhere in the Bible. It is actually a jewish idolatry symbol, the star of the demon god moloch, or remphan, spoken of in Amos 5:26-27 and the early church deacon Stephen condemned the jews for it in Acts 7:43.

Those Jews the ancestors of these Jews.

Old Testament Jews. New Testament Jews. Jews not believing Yahweh.

Everyone sees Jews not believing Yahweh in the Bible.

Old Testament Jews. New Testament Jews. Jews believing Yahweh.

Only those who believe what you believe about the Jews fail to see Jews believing Yahweh in the Bible.

Reactions: ButterflyJones

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Johnny Appleseed of truth.....

I can tell the truth, whether you like it or not is not my ministry.

Yeshua is Christ's name and it is like Ed and Edward so Yehoshua is correct too.
Like I said no one knows where the word Jesus came from but it does not appear anywhere before the 17th century.

Even the first print of the KJV it used the word Iesous. Iesous is a Greek word for healer....and most know that Christ's name was a common name, but you will not find anyone named Iesous in history ....because it is not a name, it is a word. Ἰησοῦς-Iesous-healer.

His name appears as Yeshua in the Hebrew text…the Old Testament, but with the J slam all the words that started with Y’s were changed to J’s. So in most modern Bibles His name appears as Jeshua or Joshua in the Old Testament. If you ever visit Jerusalem, ask them how they pronounce the name of their city….it does not start with a J. Same thing goes for Yahweh, Yob, Yacob, Yames, Yericho etc. Jesus is not a translation of anything.
So let me get this straight, Christ said to pray the Father in MY name, The name that is above every name. The name that you must be saved by. The name that every knee must bow. BUT no one knows that Name. So every one that prays in Jesus ( translation of nothings ) name is wasting their breath.

I think we have a problem here.

Reactions: JosephZ and RLT63