Jesus's Explanation of Grace in it's Nature and Effects.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A

Anima

June 6, 1943

Jesus said to Maria Valtorta
:​

"Today I want to speak to you about grace. You will see that it is related to the other topics, even if at first it doesn't seem that way to you. You are a little tired, poor Maria, but write all the same. These lessons will be of use to you in the days of fasting when I your Master, do not speak to you.

What is grace? You have studied and explained it many times. But, I want to explain it to you in My own way in its nature and in its effects.

Grace is to possess the light, power, and wisdom of God in yourselvesthat is, to possess intellectual likeness to God, the unmistakable sign of your filiation in God.

Without grace, you would simply be animal creatures that had reached such a point in evolution as to be endowed with reason, with a soul, but a soul on an earthly level, capable of acting in the curcumstances of life on earth, but unable to rise up to the regions where the life of the spirit transpires. Little more than beasts, then, that act by instinct alone and, in reality, surpass you quite often in their way of acting.

Grace is thus a sublime gift, the greatest gift that God, My Father, could give you. And He gives it to you freely, for His love as a Father, for you, is infinite, as He Himself is infinite. If He wanted to state all the attributes of grace, it would require writing a long list of adjectives and nouns, and We would still not explain perfectly what this gift is.

Remember this alone: Grace is to possess the Father, to live in the Father; grace is to possess the Son, to enjoy the infinite merits of the Son; grace is to possess the Holy Spirit, to benefit from His Seven Gifts. Grace, in short, is to possess Us, the Triune God, and for your mortal person to be surrounded by the hosts of angels who worship Us in you.

A soul that loses grace loses everything. The Father has created her to no avail; the Son has redeemed her to no avail; the Holy Spirit has infused His gifts into her to no avail; the Sacraments exist for her to no avail. She is dead. A rotten branch which, under the corrosive action of sin, becomes detached and falls from the tree of life and in the end rots in the mud. If a soul were able to preserve herself as she is after Baptism and after Confirmationthat is, when she is literally soaked with gracethat soul would only be a little less than God. Let this tell you all.

When you read the prodigies of My saints, you are astonished. But, my dear one, there is nothing to be astonished about. My saints were creatures who possessed grace; they were gods, therefore, for grace deifies you. Did I not state in My Gospel that My followers would work the same prodigies as I did? But to be Mine, it is necessary to live by My Lifethat is, by the life of grace.

If you wanted to, you could all be capable of prodigies—that is, of holiness. Indeed, I would like you to be, for that would mean that My Sacrifice had been crowned by victory and that I had really torn you away from the empire of the Evil One, banishing him to his Hell, and riveting hell's mouth shut with an irremovable stone, and placing it upon the throne of My Mother; the Only One who kept Her heel upon the dragon, who was powerless to do Her harm.

Not all souls in grace possess grace in the same measure. Not because We infuse it to different degrees, but because you managed to preserve it in yourselves in different ways. Mortal sin destroys grace; venial sin causes it to crumble; imperfections make it anemic. There are souls, not entirely bad, that languish in spiritual consumption because, by their inertia, which spurs them to commit continual acts of imperfection, they increasingly thin grace out, turning it into a most slender thread, a fading little flame. When it should be a fire, an intense, lovely, purifying Blaze. The world is collapsing because grace is collapsing in almost all souls and languishing in the others.

Grace yields different fruits to the extent that it is more or less alive in your hearts. The richer a terrain is in elements and the more it is helped by the sun, the water, and the air currents, the more fertile it is. There are sterile, meager plots of land which are sprinkled with water to no avail, warmed by the sun, traversed by the winds. The same holds for souls. There are souls that with all application take on vital elements and thus manage to benefit one hundred percent from the effects of grace.

The vital elements are to live according to My Lawchaste, merciful, humble, loving God and one's neighbor; it is to live by 'living' prayer: Then grace grows, flourishes, sinks in deep roots, and rises up into the tree of eternal life. Then the Holy Spirit, like a sun, inundates you with His seven rays, His Seven Gifts; then I, the Son, penetrate you with the divine rain of My Blood; then the Father looks at you with pleasure, seeing His likeness in you; then Mary caresses you, clasping you to Her breast, which bore Me, along with Her little children who are lesser, but very, very dear to Her Heart; then the nine angelical choirs crown your soul, the temple of God, and sing the sublime 'Gloria'; then your death is Life and your Life is blessedness in My Kingdom."

The Notebooks: 1943

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: Keturah

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
June 6, 1943

Jesus said to Maria Valtorta
:​

"Today I want to speak to you about grace. You will see that it is related to the other topics, even if at first it doesn't seem that way to you. You are a little tired, poor Maria, but write all the same. These lessons will be of use to you in the days of fasting when I your Master, do not speak to you.

"What is grace? You have studied and explained it many times. But, I want to explain it to you in My own way in its nature and in its effects.

"Grace is to posess the light, power, and wisdom of God in yourselvesthat is, to possess intellectual likeness to God, the unmistakable sign of your filiation in God.

Without grace, you would simply be animal creatures that had reached such a point in evolution as to be endowed with reason, with a soul, but a soul on an earthly level, capable of acting in the cuicumstances of life on earth, but unable to rise up to the regions where the life of the spirit transpires. Little more than beasts, then, that act by instinct alone and, in reality, surpass you quite often in their way of acting.

"Grace is thus a sublime gift, the greatest gift that God, My Father, could give you. And He gives it to you freely, for His love as a Father, for you, is infinite, as He Himself is infinite. If He wanted to state all the attributes of grace, it would require writing a long list of adjectives and nouns, and We would still not explain perfectly what this gift is.

"Remember this alone: Grace is to possess the Father, to live in the Father; grace is to possess the Son, to enjoy the infinite merits of the Son; grace is to possess the Holy Spirit, to benefit from His Seven Gifts. Grace, in short, is to possess Us, the Triune God, and for your mortal person to be surrounded by the hosts of angels who worship Us in you.

A soul that loses grace loses everything. The Father has created her to no avail; the Son has redeemed her to no avail; the Holy Spirit has infused His gifts into her to no avail; the Sacraments exist for her to no avail. She is dead. A rotten branch which, under the corrosive action of sin, becomes detached and falls from the tree of life and in the end rots in the mud. If a soul were able to preserve herself as she is after Baptism and after Confirmationthat is, when she is literally soaked with gracethat soul would only be a little less than God. Let this tell you all.

"When you read the prodigies of My saints, you are astonished. But, my dear one, there is nothing to be astonished about. My saints were creatures who possessed grace; they were gods, therefore, for grace deifies you. Did I not state in My Gospel that My followers would work the same prodigies as I did? But to be Mine, it is necessary to live by My Lifethat is, by the life of grace.

"If you wanted to, you could all be capable of prodigies—that is, of holiness. Indeed, I would like you to be, for that would mean that My Sacrifice had been crowned by victory and that I had really torn you away from the empire of the Evil One, banishing him to his Hell, and riveting hell's mouth shut with an irremovable stone, and placing it upon the throne of My Mother; the Only One who kept Her heel upon the dragon, who was powerless to do Her harm.

"Not all souls in grace possess grace in the same measure. Not because We infuse it to different degrees, but because you managed to preserve it in yourselves in different ways. Mortal sin destroys grace; venial sin causes it to crumble; imperfections make it anemic. There are souls, not entirely bad, that languish in spiritual consumption because, by their inertia, which spurs them to commit continual acts of imperfection, they increasingly thin grace out, turning it into a most slender thread, a fading little flame. When it should be a fire, an intense, lovely, purifying Blaze. The world is collapsing because grace is collapsing in almost all souls and languishing in the others.

"Grace yields different fruits to the extent that it is more or less alive in your hearts. The richer a terrain is in elements and the more it is helped by the sun, the water, and the air currents, the more fertile it is. There are sterile, meager plots of land which are sprinkled with water to no avail, warmed by the sun, traversed by the winds. The same holds for souls. There are souls that with all application take on vital elements and thus manage to benefit one hundred percent from the effects of grace.

"The vital elements are to live according to My Lawchaste, merciful, humble, loving God and one's neighbor; it is to live by 'living' prayer: Then grace grows, flourishes, sinks in deep roots, and rises up into the tree of eternal life. Then the Holy Spirit, like a sun, inundates you with His seven rays, His Seven Gifts; then I, the Son, penetrate you with the divine rain of My Blood; then the Father looks at you with pleasure, seeing His likeness in you; then Mary caresses you, clasping you to Her breast, which bore Me, along with Her little children who are lesser, but very, very dear to Her Heart; then the nine angelical choirs crown your soul, the temple of God, and sing the sublime 'Gloria'; then your death is Life and your Life is blessedness in My Kingdom."

The Notebooks: 1943
Grace is an English word Translated from the Hebrew word Chen, and from the Greek word Charis
Chen is defined as:
favour, grace, charm
favour, grace, elegance
favour, acceptance

And Charis:
grace
that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness: grace of speech
good will, loving-kindness, favour
of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues
what is due to grace
the spiritual condition of one governed by the power of divine grace
the token or proof of grace, benefit
a gift of grace
benefit, bounty
thanks, (for benefits, services, favours), recompense, reward

Kindness is a more understandable synonym Anima.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are speeding in your car.....you are guilty....a cop let’s you go....that is Mercy

You are speeding in your car....you are guilty.....the cop takes you in and you are found guilty and the cop pays the fine for you even though you did nothing to deserve it.....THAT is Grace....

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are speeding in your car.....you are guilty....a cop let’s you go....that is Mercy

You are speeding in your car....you are guilty.....the cop takes you in and you are found guilty and the cop pays the fine for you even though you did nothing to deserve it.....THAT is Grace....
You are saying that a cop that lets you go based on mercy is smarter than the one who charges you and then pays for the ticket himself.

That isn't how grace works.

Grace (NT grace) is the power from God to fulfill the commandments. To walk as Jesus walked.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Grace is an English word Translated from the Hebrew word Chen, and from the Greek word Charis
Chen is defined as:
favour, grace, charm
favour, grace, elegance
favour, acceptance

And Charis:
grace
that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness: grace of speech
good will, loving-kindness, favour
of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues
what is due to grace
the spiritual condition of one governed by the power of divine grace
the token or proof of grace, benefit
a gift of grace
benefit, bounty
thanks, (for benefits, services, favours), recompense, reward

Kindness is a more understandable synonym Anima.
That's human grace. Not God's grace.

We can do some things with human strength...but nothing on the eternal scale. Only through God's grace are we empowered in a way that makes us bear eternal fruit. Otherwise we are still playing in the puddles of human interactions.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace (NT grace) is the power from God to fulfill the commandments. To walk as Jesus walked

Two commandments ....#1 Believe. #2 Love
Your are probably referring to the Law of Moses that Paul called “ weak and useless” unless you understood “how to use them” ....one “ uses” the Law as a “ schoolmaster”..... it’s a thing that takes you by the hand and leads you to Christ....once that is accomplished , leave that law to the Unsaved that need it....why settle for second best? Believers now have the Spirit Of God within them to lead and guide....

Trying to keep the Law is a fool’s errand , because, “ By The Works Of The Law, NO FLESH will be Justified”.....

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We can do some things with human strength...but nothing on the eternal scale. Only through God's grace are we empowered in a way that makes us bear eternal fruit. Otherwise we are still playing in the puddles of human interactions.
In a way Epi, but we are really able to have power beyond what is normal, because of God giving us holy spirit sir. And yes that is because of His Kindness (grace) and Love.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In a way Epi, but we are really able to have power beyond what is normal, because of God giving us holy spirit sir. And yes that is because of His Kindness (grace) and Love.
Yes. :) God's kindness extends to empowring us by His Spirit. God is also the God of the Old Covenant. He is merciful....but also vengeful against those who trample His holiness.

God will show mercy on the poor and humble of this world come judgment day.

But He will go hard on the religious people who misrepresented Him.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. :) God's kindness extends to empowring us by His Spirit. God is also the God of the Old Covenant. He is merciful....but also vengeful against those who trample His holiness.

God will show mercy on the poor and humble of this world come judgment day.

But He will go hard on the religious people who misrepresented Him.
Yes sir I fully agree. I shouldn't feel this way, because I don't feel it right to take joy in others pain, but I look forward to the destruction of babylon sir, I am sure that most of us Christians will rejoice.

Reactions: Episkopos

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' explanation of God's Grace:

"...our Father which is in heaven: for He Maketh His sun to rise on the evil
and on the good
, and Sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."

Thus, ALL are participants of God's Grace (UNmerited favor/kindness) Amen?

However, only those, "By Grace Through FAITH," Will Have An Everlasting
Relationship With The Father, The SON, And The Holy Spirit!
Double Amen?
-------------------------------
Precious friend(s):

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided (+ I and II)
!

A

Anima

Jesus' explanation of God's Grace:

"...our Father which is in heaven: for He Maketh His sun to rise on the evil
and on the good
, and Sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."

Thus, ALL are participants of God's Grace (UNmerited favor/kindness) Amen?

However, only those, "By Grace Through FAITH," Will Have An Everlasting
Relationship With The Father, The SON, And The Holy Spirit!
Double Amen?
-------------------------------
Precious friend(s):

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided (+ I and II)
!

What's found in Scripture about Grace is true as well. My OP are the words of Jesus in recent times, June 6, 1943, to be exact, where He elaborates on God's Grace for all people through Maria Valtorta, who wrote down His words for Him. Did you read it?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Its God's Grace that teaches us to Believe in Jesus.

Its God's Grace that Sent God's Son to the Cross so that by believing in this Grace of God, who is Jesus on the Cross, we can be accepted by God, based on the finished work of Jesus on the Cross.

This Gift of the Cross of Christ, ....Jesus's Sacrifice.... that is our Eternal Salvation, is the mercy of God given to the World as God's Grace.

Its THROUGH God's Grace, who is Jesus on the Cross, that God is always kept at peace with the Born again.....always.

Listen carefully, if you are born again and not just water baptized and religious...... Satan is the "accuser" of the "Brethren"... He accuses you.
And in Heaven, there Is Jesus, our Advocate......And when you are not perfect.......and are accused before God...>Jesus steps up and says...>"i have given my blood and my death for that one".. And This is always .....That is eternally how it is to be "made righteous"..."IN Christ"....by the finished work of Jesus on the Cross.

A

Anima

Its God's Grace that teaches us to Believe in Jesus.

Its God's Grace that Sent God's Son to the Cross so that by believing in this Grace of God, who is Jesus on the Cross, we can be accepted by God, based on the finished work of Jesus on the Cross.

This Gift of the Cross of Christ, ....Jesus's Sacrifice.... that is our Eternal Salvation, is the mercy of God given to the World as God's Grace.

Its THROUGH God's Grace, who is Jesus on the Cross, that God is always kept at peace with the Born again.....always.

Listen carefully, if you are born again and not just water baptized and religious...... Satan is the "accuser" of the "Brethren"... He accuses you.
And in Heaven, there Is Jesus, our Advocate......And when you are not perfect.......and are accused before God...>Jesus steps up and says...>"i have given my blood and my death for that one".. And This is always .....That is eternally how it is to be "made righteous"..."IN Christ"....by the finished work of Jesus on the Cross.

What's found in Scripture about Grace is true as well. My OP are the words of Jesus in recent times, June 6, 1943, to be exact, where He elaborates on God's Grace for all people through Maria Valtorta, who wrote down His words for Him. Did you read it?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

I didnt read it.

What i do, is read the New Testament to find "Jesus's Words".

Did you read it yet?

A

Anima

I didnt read it.

What i do, is read the New Testament to find "Jesus's Words".

Did you read it yet?

Yea I have and do too, but I've also learned His words aren't limited to the Bible, as well as that not everything there is to say on a subject is said in the Bible. That doesn't mean it's bad, it's just impossible for any one book to contain all there is to know. And since we both have also read Jesus is alive and thus speaks, I hope you read the OP. His elaboration on Grace for us is wonderful :]

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I hope you read the OP. His elaboration on Grace for us is wonderful :]

This person you are following, made a eternal mistake in his "grace" Theology, that He's teaching.

He says this....

"""""""My Gospel that My followers would work the same prodigies as I did? But to be Mine, it is necessary to live by My Lifethat is, by the life of grace."""""

And in fact, Paul says, that that which your teacher is teaching is "Another Gospel", Galatians 1:8 not the True "Gospel".

Also, The Saints on this forum, Anima, are unique, and that is because most of the regulars here are "on guard" for "heresy", as they have heard over and over and over.... how to spot it. And they know that heretics dont give the CROSS any CREDIT.. or they ignore it altogether.
So, as the Grace of God, is The Cross of Christ.....Apparently....Your teacher,.....kinda forgot, or never knew it to begin with...
And Certainly, Jesus, Himself.... would never talk about "Grace" and not talk about The Cross.
Your "jesus" in your teacher, whomever that is.... Omits the very Grace of God, Himself, as dying on the Cross= as the Grace of God.

You teacher rambles on about "My law", and Jesus gave no Law.
Moses gave Law.
Jesus gave some new commandments, but no "law".
Your jesus, is not aware of the Real Jesus, apparently...or, ignores Him on purpose.
"Jesus has redeemed us from the curse of the Law"....in fact.
"Christ is the end of the LAW for Righteousness".....in fact.

Listen...

... there is only one GOSPEL of the Grace of God and it came from Jesus, to Paul.

Its "The Gospel of the Grace of God"......and that is not "to live by my life"... or "Jesus's Law".....as your false teacher is teaching as "doing works"..

The Gospel of God, of Christ, is the Cross of Christ, that is the Blood Atonement, that is the Gift of Salvation.

Its this..

2 Corinthians 5:19

""""that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation."""

So, your Teacher's "Gospel" is "another gospel", a false Gospel... .Its This.

Galatians 1:8

A

Anima

This person you are following, made a eternal mistake in his "grace" Theology, that He's teaching.

He says this....

"""""""My Gospel that My followers would work the same prodigies as I did? But to be Mine, it is necessary to live by My Lifethat is, by the life of grace."""""

And in fact, Paul says, that that which your teacher is teaching is "Another Gospel", Galatians 1:8 not the True "Gospel".

This is the section of the OP you're referring to in full:

"When you read the prodigies of My saints, you are astonished. But, my dear one, there is nothing to be astonished about. My saints were creatures who possessed grace; they were gods, therefore, for grace deifies you. Did I not state in My Gospel that My followers would work the same prodigies as I did? But to be Mine, it is necessary to live by My Lifethat is, by the life of grace."

The Teacher is Jesus and as you can see, He was referring to His own Gospel, specifically Jn. 14:12, not "another gospel." :]

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is the section of the OP you're referring to in full:

"When you read the prodigies of My saints, you are astonished. But, my dear one, there is nothing to be astonished about. My saints were creatures who possessed grace; they were gods, therefore, for grace deifies you. Did I not state in My Gospel that My followers would work the same prodigies as I did? But to be Mine, it is necessary to live by My Lifethat is, by the life of grace."

The Teacher is Jesus and as you can see, He was referring to His own Gospel, specifically Jn. 14:12, not "another gospel." :]

Performing the mystical (prodigy) after you are born again, is not the Gospel.

The Gospel, is that teaching that leads the person to faith in Christ., as Salvation is found on the Cross.

The Gospel is believed so that Christ's Blood and Death can deal with the believer's SIN

That is not JOHN 14:2

Your person's Gospel, has noting to do with Salvation, Redemption, Sin, or The Cross.

No Cross = No Gospel. The Gospel is "the preaching of The Cross".

your deceiver is teaching mysticism, AS the Gospel......and that is a False "Gospel"., as i told you.

Galatians 1:8

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nope grace simply means Gods favor. Grace is an action by God not a doctrine and it’s not fruit either.

charis: grace, kindness
Original Word: χάρις, ιτος, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: charis
Phonetic Spelling: (khar'-ece)
Definition: grace, kindness
Usage: (a) grace, as a gift or blessing brought to man by Jesus Christ, (b) favor, (c) gratitude, thanks, (d) a favor, kindness.
HELPS Word-studies
Cognate: 5485 xáris (another feminine noun from xar-, "favor, disposed to, inclined, favorable towards, leaning towards to share benefit") – properly, grace. 5485 (xáris) is preeminently used of the Lord's favor – freely extended to give Himself away to people (because He is "always leaning toward them").

5485 /xáris ("grace") answers directly to the Hebrew (OT) term 2580 /Kaná("grace, extension-toward"). Both refer to God freely extending Himself (His favor, grace), reaching (inclining) to people because He is disposed to bless (be near) them.