John 1:1 looked at HONESTLY!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1st, this thread is about John 1.

2nd, it is a rock solid argument when looking at the totality of Scripture, which does not one time mention the trinity or the divinity of Jesus. Not one time! Sure, all kinds of ambiguous statements, like John 1:1 are desperately reached for but fail basic scrutiny.

What does a singular pronoun refer to? 1 or 3?
You just admitted that Jesus is God. And the answer in this case is both. Because three are one and the one are three.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, they focus on Jesus being God and all things made through him also. If he was only with God, he could be someone else.
Amen

I think they forget. We were made in Gods image, We were made relational beings. To receive love and give it.. If God was one being for eternity before he created angels and mankind. He had no one to relate with. Which for any relational being is torture.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 12: 27- "Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour.
28- Father, glorify your name!" Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and will glorify it again."
29- The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.

The 'Name' Jesus made known was NOT "LORD"!
(Even tho the Koine Greek had no version of Jehovah, the Jews spoke it)

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 12:44- Then Jesus cried out, " And Jesus cried out and said, “He who believes in me, believes not in me but in Him who sent me. 45- When they look at me, they see the one who sent me.

[As when he said "I and the Father are one", and "when you've seen me, you've seen the Father"!]

49- For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me COMMANDED me to say all that I have spoken.
50 -I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has TOLD me to say."

Even small children EASILY see what Christ meant here: he is just like his Father- God!
In addition- NO ONE can COMMAND God and tell HIM what to do!

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 13:2- The evening meal was in progress, and the devil had already prompted Judas, the son of Simon
Iscariot, to betray Jesus. 3- Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from
God and was returning to God
; 4- so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. 5- After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel
that was wrapped around him.

HMMMM! If the Trinity were REAL, don't you think it
would READ a LITTLE different?

God and Jesus are ALWAYS contrasted.

Reactions: Wrangler

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 13:2- The evening meal was in progress, and the devil had already prompted Judas, the son of Simon
Iscariot, to betray Jesus. 3- Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from
God and was returning to God
; 4- so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. 5- After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel
that was wrapped around him.

HMMMM! If the Trinity were REAL, don't you think it
would READ a LITTLE different?

God and Jesus are ALWAYS contrasted.
Thank you for using all these wonderful passages proving the trinity.

Remember, John 1 Said Jesus (the word) was God And Thomas Called Jesus my lord and my God and Jesus did not correct him, Because he was not wrong.

So if Jesus is not the father and the father is not Jesus. If anything you prove a two person Godhead. And since both Jesus and the father are said to send the spirit (the third person) we have 3 in one. Just as the church is one. Jesus and the father and the spirit are one.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:1- Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

COMPLETELY meaningless if he WERE God.
He would have said, then "Trust in me- for I am God!"

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Choose one- I heard them MANY times before.
I will continue with JESUS' words- you don't MIMD do you?

Perhaps you didn't see my question, perhaps you did, and decided to ignore it.

theQuestioneer said:

Choose one- I heard them MANY times before.
I will continue with JESUS' words- you don't MIMD do you?

"They are ALL Jesus' words. And yes, I'm sure you've heard it all before. Who raised Jesus from the dead?"

The passages I'd start with are,

1 Corinthians 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but made alive by the Spirit:

So my Question is, Who raised Jesus from the dead?

Much love!

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:5- Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"
6- Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

['God-the-Mediator' between To Other God(s)]

7- If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."
8- Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."
9- Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone
who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
10- Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not
speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
11 -Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the
evidence of the works themselves.
12- Very truly I tell you, all who have faith in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do
even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
13 -And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Jesus wanted to let his followers know they would STILL have guidance after he was put to death.
He tells them they would be sent an "advocate/Comforter/helper"-"the Spirit of Truth"!
If you look closer at a Bible Interlinear, the Greek reads "it".
Here is the main scripture that Trinitarians see the Holy-Ghost God- and it IS easy to see a Ghost,
if one has not read all the other details of the Holy Spirit in the Bible.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW- the holy spirit (not GHOST) is show as, among other things, being spilt into 71 portions (as with Pentecost),
being referred to as "it" by Jehovah, and being seen up Job's nose (Job 27:3).

It is the holy ("set apart") spirit ("breath, wind')- the power God uses, as referred to by Gabriel to Mary "the Power of the Most High"!

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:19-Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20-At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21-He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved
of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15:25- But this cometh to pass, that the word may be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
26- But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the spirit [breath] of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he [Greek ekinose*, "it"] shall bear witness of me:
27- and ye also bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

* Ekinos meaning in Strong's Exhaustive Concordance : he, it, the other, that very
Translated according to interpreters opinion.
"it [Greek ekinose*] shall bear witness of me" will fit the REST of the Bible, since it has no name or face (never seen in visions of God), is poured out, fills people, is divided into portions- and was even up Job's Nose!
Job 27:3- All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils...

When Jesus referred to it as "Comforter" he WASN'T talking about a
Ghost-God; there is no Being living/possessing us speaking thru us, making us do things!
He was talking about the POWER God sends!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:1- Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

COMPLETELY meaningless if he WERE God.
He would have said, then "Trust in me- for I am God!"
Only meaningless if there was one being as God, but there is not. So not meaningless

also, as Jesus said, he always pointed to the fathers so he would never point to himself

what’s what a humble being does.

Reactions: theQuestioneer