John 1:1 looked at HONESTLY!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice how Jesus denies their pretense; their false charge-

John 10: 31- Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, 32- but Jesus said to them,
"I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?"
33- "We are not stoning you for any good work," they replied, "but for
blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."
34- Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are
"Gods"
'?
35- If he called them 'Gods,' to whom the word of God came and Scripture
cannot be broken
36 -what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent
into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said,
'I am God's son'?
37- Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father.
38- But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works,
that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the
Father."
39- Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

HMMMMM! Clergy (like the Pharisees) say Jesus IS God Almighty.
Jesus himself denied it, saying he was His SON, instead.
WHICH should we believe??????????????
Actually he asked them to which of the works they planned to stone them

he also told them before abraham was, he always existed, and they threatened to stone him there also, how could Jesus exist before Abraham if he was not born for over 2000 years after Abraham was born?

Reactions: mailmandan

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually he asked them to which of the works they planned to stone them he also told them before abraham was, he always existed, and they threatened to stone him there also, how could Jesus exist before Abraham if he was not born for over 2000 years after Abraham was born?

Answer's here~

Heb 1:1- In many and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets; 2- but in these last days he has spoken to us by a son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was born of woman and was fully man. He was also fully God.
In his time and culture, referring to God his father would reflect that. God begat himself upon Mary who was told by the angel who informed her she was highly favored, to name her son Immanuel, meaning God with us.
That's a very specific identity.
God, with us.
Coupled with the scripture that tells us. The Word , God, became flesh and dwelt among us, we know Jesus was not a separate and distinct person from God.

Because, as scripture says, all that exists is both of and from God.

When The Word begat himself upon Mary. God was creator of the created form of man in her womb. Therein making a baby that was fully man, because man was first made by God. And that baby being also fully God, because though human, with a human nature, he did not have a fallen nature. And he was not separated from God,as we are when born and due to that fallen nature, because Immanuel's father was God, not man.
By one man sin entered the world.

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 2 - New English Translation

Reactions: GEN2REV

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 11:41- So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, "Father, I thank you that you have
heard me. 42- I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may
believe that you sent me."

Jesus was praying to the One he referred to as "God", thanking Him for working thru him.
He wasn't talking to any 'God-the-Ghost'- he was praying to his God and Father- Jehovah!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Answer's here~

Heb 1:1- In many and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets; 2- but in these last days he has spoken to us by a son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

Ok so Jesus is not a prophet he is a son born of god

this does not prove he is the father

keep trying

in fact here..

Isaiah 48:14-16

Listen to Me, O Jacob,
And Israel, My called:
I am He, I am the First,
I am also the Last.

13 Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth,
And My right hand has stretched out the heavens;
When I call to them,
They stand up together.

14 “All of you, assemble yourselves, and hear!
Who among them has declared these things?
The Lord loves him;
He shall do His pleasure on Babylon,
And His arm shall be against the Chaldeans.
15 I, even I, have spoken;
Yes, I have called him,
I have brought him, and his way will prosper.
16 Come near to Me, hear this:
I have not spoken in secret from the beginning;
From the time that it was, I was there.
And now the Lord God and His Spirit
Have sent Me.”

go ahead and explain how this God of Israel was sent by the father and the spirit..

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazed@grace: Jesus was born of woman and was fully man. He was also fully God.

Scripture please, or we supposed to take your word as 'gospel'.

"Mary who was told by the angel who informed her she was highly favored, to name her son Immanuel, meaning God with us.
God, with us."

Was Jehu God? His name means "He is Jehovah"
God is STILL with us today...

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Eternally Grateful: Ok so Jesus is not a prophet he is a son born of god"

He was the very greatest of God's prophets, being the son of God.

keep trying

I am succeeding, since they are the words of Jesus.

Isaiah 48:14-16

Quoted with the Name of God removed, He had not revealed His son yet.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this makes no sense whatsoever
GEN2REV said:
Because Jesus also stated HE would send the Spirit.
this does not prove you point, circumstantial at best
You asked for me to prove my point and I directed you back to a verse I had already provided that proved my point.

cir·cum·stan·tial

1. pointing indirectly toward someone's guilt but not conclusively proving it.
2. (of a description) containing full details.

Seriously?
he was sent by the father we are told this even in the Old Testament, where he said he was sent at that time by the father and the spirit, Jesus at this time had yet to be born into a human body

Ok, yet Jesus said before Abraham was he always existed, so again, not really proving your point

the one you questions should be the son, The father said behold my son in whom I am well pleased. How could Jesus say that while he was standing there being baptized by John?

Maybe I will try again when you give me reasonable answers.

You both are completely ignoring the Eternal Nature of God; His Spiritual Nature that exists OUTSIDE OF TIME. (John 4:24) That means He existed Before, during and AFTER all of Creation and this world and the end of this world. OK?

That is how He can do all the things you are refusing to even consider. That is how Jesus will return to the Father to be just like He was with Him before all of Creation (John 17:5) and join with The Father in the SAME THRONE. There is only ONE Throne in Heaven, not two.

(Revelation 22:1) THE Throne, ONE Throne. (Revelation 22:3) THE Throne, ONE Throne. (Revelation 4:2) ONE sat upon the Throne. (Revelation 4:3) ONE Throne, not a little chair to the right for Jesus, ONE THRONE.

All of Rev. 4 refers to THE Throne of God and this is long after Jesus took His place AS God's right hand of power.

The Bible is exhilarating to discuss among those who are open to actually discussing and considering new view points, etc.

Neither of you fall into that category. You have no interest in Absolute Truth; only in being RIGHT.

God bless.

Last edited:

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 12: 12- The next day the great crowd that had come for the Festival heard that Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem.
13- They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting, "Hosanna! "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!"

[The Koine Greek had no version of Gods name - Ps 118:25- Save now, we beseech thee, O Jehovah: O Jehovah, we beseech thee, send now prosperity. 26- Blessed be he that cometh in the name of Jehovah: We have blessed you out of the house of Jehovah.- ASV]

"Blessed is the king of Israel!" 14- Jesus found a young donkey and sat on it, as it is written:
15- "Do not be afraid, Daughter Zion; see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey's colt."
16- At first his disciples did not understand all this. Only after Jesus was glorified did they realize that these things had
been written about him and that these things had been done to him.

Coming in someone's Name simply means that you are representing, and speaking for that other person and/or doing things with the others permission or authority.
Christ said he was doing that for another Person: God. His Father.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Trinitarians I've spoken to say "Jehovah" is another Name of Jesus, as they claim of "I AM".
Yet they ALL belittle it, usually using the excuse of pronunciation even tho scholars have confirmed how God's name IS pronounced - The original Hebrew name of God re-discovered in 1,000 Bible manuscripts

I wonder how they try to make sense of what Christ says next:

John 12: 27- "Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour.
28- Father, glorify your name!" Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and will glorify it again."
29- The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.

The 'Name' Jesus made known was NOT "LORD"!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazed@grace: Jesus was born of woman and was fully man. He was also fully God.

Scripture please, or we supposed to take your word as 'gospel'.

"Mary who was told by the angel who informed her she was highly favored, to name her son Immanuel, meaning God with us.
God, with us."

Was Jehu God? His name means "He is Jehovah"
God is STILL with us today...
If you are a Christian you know the scriptures. :) And it isn't a matter for , "we". It is a matter of you, who do not accept what "we" are telling you.

See, saying, "nice try" and "try again", aren't reflective of one who is genuinely interested in Exegesis.

If it be God's will you find your way to the truth and the light of Christ's Salvific message, praise the Lord.
If you have an interest in beginning the journey: Bible Study - Gospel Link

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asked for me to prove my point and I directed you back to a verse I had already provided that proved my point.

cir·cum·stan·tial

1. pointing indirectly toward someone's guilt but not conclusively proving it.
2. (of a description) containing full details.

Seriously?

You both are completely ignoring the Eternal Nature of God; His Spiritual Nature that exists OUTSIDE OF TIME. (John 4:24) That means He existed Before, during and AFTER all of Creation and this world and the end of this world. OK?

That is how He can do all the things you are refusing to even consider. That is how Jesus will return to the Father to be just like He was with Him before all of Creation (John 17:5) and join with The Father in the SAME THRONE. There is only ONE Throne in Heaven, not two.

(Revelation 22:1) THE Throne, ONE Throne. (Revelation 22:3) THE Throne, ONE Throne. (Revelation 4:2) ONE sat upon the Throne. (Revelation 4:3) ONE Throne, not a little chair to the right for Jesus, ONE THRONE.

All of Rev. 4 refers to THE Throne of God and this is long after Jesus took His place AS God's right hand of power.

The Bible is exhilarating to discuss among those who are open to actually discussing and considering new view points, etc.

Neither of you fall into that category. You have no interest in Absolute Truth; only in being RIGHT.

God bless.
You still have failed to prove your point beyond a shadow of a doubt.

why have you continued to refuse to answer my question about preincarnat Jesus words in Isaiah where he said he was sent by the father and spirit?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Trinitarians I've spoken to say "Jehovah" is another Name of Jesus, as they claim of "I AM".
Yet they ALL belittle it, usually using the excuse of pronunciation even tho scholars have confirmed how God's name IS pronounced - The original Hebrew name of God re-discovered in 1,000 Bible manuscripts

I wonder how they try to make sense of what Christ says next:

John 12: 27- "Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour.
28- Father, glorify your name!" Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and will glorify it again."
29- The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.

The 'Name' Jesus made known was NOT "LORD"!
Actually yhwh is a singular form of the word God, Elohim is the plural form

preincarnate Jesus used both terms when speaking of himself or the trinity which he was included

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually yhwh is a singular form of the word God, Elohim is the plural form

preincarnate Jesus used both terms when speaking of himself or the trinity which he was included

Not possible since the trinity is not in the Bible. Just what verse do you claim is the
preincarnate Jesus speaking in any capacity?

Also, what is the significance of using form of the word God?

Reactions: Amazed@grace