John 5:25-26

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 5: 25-26 says this.

25 Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. 26 For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;

I am well aware of the context leading up to these two verses....

WHAT DO THEY MEAN? They sound as if the dead who hear , if they hear what Jesus is saying, will live.... Is this a second chance?

What am I missing? VS 27 says all who are in the tombs are going to hear his voice... not just the elect.

vs 27-29~ 27 and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

25 Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. 26 For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;

WHAT DO THEY MEAN? They sound as if the dead who hear , if they hear what Jesus is saying, will live.... Is this a second chance?

What am I missing? VS 27 says all who are in the tombs are going to hear his voice... not just the elect.

vs 27-29~ 27 and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

SAME as "You must be Born-Again"

All have sinned and fallen short of God' Glory = therefore ALL have died in sin and need to be resurrected

Being Born-Again by the Spirit of God is REQUIRED for anyone who desires to Know God and be Saved from His Wrath/Judgement
AND to have part in the First Resurrection = John ch11 and Revelation ch20

Ephesians 2:1-10
And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

4But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello Rella,

I dont know how to answer the question.

When Jesus died, someone wrote, perhaps Peter about him being in the realm of Sheol and went to preach a message to all those who were in the prison part.

That is something that sticks in my mind, and also the resurrection of those who came out of the tombs after Jesus rose again, comes to my mind also.

And then there is just the phrase alone of resurrection of the condemend and of life; that reminds me of the end of revelation.

I dont know if I can help you, and may the spirit guide you, and may you seek God deligently.