John 8:24, 28, 58 - Jesus Christ IS YHWH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not getting into another debate on this thread concerning the title of it. But, could you clarify your above statement please. Why was Jesus able to perform powerful miracles?

cos He is God almighty

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
cos He is God almighty
And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. Luke3:22

Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, Luke4:1

Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, Luke4:14

But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you Luke12:28

For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God[i] gives the Spirit without limit. John3:34

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. Luke3:22

Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, Luke4:1

Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, Luke4:14

But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you Luke12:28

For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God[i] gives the Spirit without limit. John3:34

It is His spirit
Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is His spirit
Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his
I was just looking for the correct biblical response as to why Christ was able to perform great miracles.
But as you have quoted Rom8:9. The Spirit of the Father is the Spirit of the Son, and the Holy Spirit was on Christ in bodily form from his baptism. Why will anyone who speaks a word against the Son of man/Christ be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven? Matt12:31&32

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just looking for the correct biblical response as to why Christ was able to perform great miracles.
But as you have quoted Rom8:9. The Spirit of the Father is the Spirit of the Son, and the Holy Spirit was on Christ in bodily form from his baptism. Why will anyone who speaks a word against the Son of man/Christ be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven? Matt12:31&32

refers to Christ human nature not his divine nature