John MacArthur lashes out against homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Graceismine said:
John MacArthur teaches "Lordship Salvation". which says that an unbeliever must commit all areas of his life to Christ in order to be saved. It is a works based salvation.

In order to be saved one must believe, that is the gospel not that one must make Jesus Lord over all.

John MacArthur in his zeal to correct the excesses of Pentecostalism has thrown the baby out with the bath water and quenched the Holy Spirit.

Besides his false teaching of Lordship Salvation he teaches another false doctrine. Guess what that is. :lol:
Amen Grace, well discerned. :)

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
UHCAIan said:
He has not offended me I am just stating that if his remarks about the gift of tongues is correct meaning that He did state that "tongues were/are of the devil" as people in this topic has stated then he steps into dangerous territory.

Like I said it all about kicking some dirt on a video I didn't even watch because the real issue made itself known.
And If you took offense you were offended, whether you feel justified in your personal conviction make no difference.

As you said
he steps into dangerous territory.
To say you are not offend is like rocky letting his topic wonder off track into what it has become.
The real issue is what he said about some peoples faith in tongues -----> period.

Reactions: biggandyy

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Rex said:
Like I said it all about kicking some dirt on a video I didn't even watch because the real issue made itself known.
And If you took offense you were offended, whether you feel justified in your personal conviction make no difference.

As you said

To say you are not offend is like rocky letting his topic wonder off track into what it has become.
The real issue is what he said about some peoples faith in tongues -----> period.
No period because you do not tell me when I end or whatever. I mean what I say and say what I mean! If I say I was not offended then I was not offended! You can not tell me whether I am or not. You are not my master no anyone else' and the only person you define is yourself not me! No one has faith in tongues I stated that if we attribute something of the Holy Spirit to satan or demons then we step into dangerous territory! Like I stated thank you sir!
SN: Don't put words in my mouth. If I want to say something I say it If I don't I don't. Now there is your ----> period!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Do you know why I suspect that as well. Is because I replied to rockytop with MacArthur reading one from one of Joel Olseens books.
Right after that he referred me to this thread because quote "I have continued this conversation in a more debate friendly forum." Soooo I don't believe homosexuality was the point in the first place. IMO it was simply bashing MacArthur in an other tread. http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/17426-paradise-refound/

What say you rocktop?

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Excuse you no one was bashing Dr. MacArthur as I have stated. There you go again putting words in people'es mouth that you know nothing about! I'm the wrong one to put words in my mouth. Because if you fingers get to close to my mouth I will bite them! So please come correct when you come for me! Thank you and again there is your ---->period!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I never said bashing I said he offended so the words in the mouth bit, that would be you.

I do believe I was also replying rocktop and his referring me to this thread as being "more forum friendly", in light of my reply to MacArthur criticism of Joel.

Rather evasive if you as me. but that just me.
You can take it personalty If you like as well, I'm just stating the facts.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Rex said:
I never said bashing I said he offended so the words in the mouth bit, that would be you.
There you go again putting words in my mouth! you did state "IMO it was simply bashing MacArthur"! I'm the wrong one and that's all I'm going to say because the Holy Ghost keeps me from saying what I want to. You disrespected me when you telling me what I meant or said and by saying period like you shut me up! You nor anybody else will or can shut me up and that is ---->period! I'm a person that if you give respect and come correct I will give back respect and come correct. Jesus saved my black self out of the lashing out mentality! Thank God He did! You come at me out the side of your neck or sideways then we have a problem. Yet I can say and take it however if I had not received the Holy Ghost even with me being saved I would have said some things to you not so nice! So I thank Jesus that He has filled me and evidenced Himself so that He can tame my tongue! Come at me correct! And there is your ---->period!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Get a grip with yourself. Your entitled to believe and say anything you like. I have had similar conversation with you before and I don't expect you be moved an inch, much less to admitting I never said bashing, I said the real nature of this MacArthur issue "homosexuality" has taken second base to his comments about certain Pentecostals.

You can back peddle all you like, Lets count those in this conversation "on this page" that hail from that denomination and see what the numbers say.

Besides my own I see two other post made by people that don't claim to be pentecostal go figure

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
It's a fruitless fight against them. Watch their words carefully and they always implicitly impugn those who don't follow lockstep with their theology. They claimed when MacArthur was "in the Bible" they agreed with him... that is simply code for "when he is agreeing with us". Anyone who dares step on their sacred cow's tail is immediately a blasphemer, unbiblical, unsaved, etc etc.

I am easy to convince, heal me, speak in an unknown tongue to them (but one that I know like German or Chinese), raise my uncle from the dead (he died last night). Do that and I will believe you have the Gift. Elsewise it is not a gift YOU initiated but a work of God HE initiated. That's the difference and the elephant in the room many will refuse to see. Miracles do happen, but they are eager to take credit for it rather than glorify God for it.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Rex said:
Get a grip with yourself. Your entitled to believe and say anything you like. I have had similar conversation with you before and I don't expect you be moved an inch, much less to admitting I never said bashing, I said the real nature of this MacArthur issue "homosexuality" has taken second base to his comments about certain Pentecostals.

You can back peddle all you like, Lets count those in this conversation "on this page" that hail from that denomination and see what the numbers say.

Besides my own I see two other post made by people that don't claim to be pentecostal go figure
What are you talking about? I do not understand what you are even saying! AND AGAIN do not tell me to get a grip you get one! You do not tell me where or how or even if I will move! What are you talking about back peddle? I don't care in you Pentecostal, baptists, catholic or atheist you will come to me correct! I just simply stated my opinion! I enjoy Dr. MacArthur's teaching on several issues and have several of his books! Even in ministry classes under the United Holy Church of America which I belong which is Pentecostal-Holiness use his books to teach on! So I never disrespected nor bashed him! So do not play with me or put words in my mouth! Thanks! What din the world do you mean I don't move? Please enlighten me since you so called claim to have so much more! But you will come at me correct! I say what I mean and mean what I say! And in your own words ---->period!

BiggAndyy said:
It's a fruitless fight against them. Watch their words carefully and they always implicitly impugn those who don't follow lockstep with their theology. They claimed when MacArthur was "in the Bible" they agreed with him... that is simply code for "when he is agreeing with us". Anyone who dares step on their sacred cow's tail is immediately a blasphemer, unbiblical, unsaved, etc etc.

I am easy to convince, heal me, speak in an unknown tongue to them (but one that I know like German or Chinese), raise my uncle from the dead (he died last night). Do that and I will believe you have the Gift. Elsewise it is not a gift YOU initiated but a work of God HE initiated. That's the difference and the elephant in the room many will refuse to see. Miracles do happen, but they are eager to take credit for it rather than glorify God for it.

You talking about yourself! No where have you seen me in any post glorify myself over God! God is the one who fills, infills, seals and baptizes with the Holy Ghost and perform miracles! Jesus is the one who saves! So do not say what I mean! Or group me with any other people! For I am saved and I know that Jesus filled me with the precious Holy Ghost! You speak for yourself! And please take off that reputation point! Thanks!

Reactions: biggandyy

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
I wasn't addressing you but some of the others in the thread. When I reread my post I was in the middle of fixing it when you posted.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
BiggAndyy said:
I wasn't addressing you but some of the others in the thread. When I reread my post I was in the middle of fixing it when you posted.
I apologize! I need to breath and relax! I just reread your post. The first time I read it in irritation and I need to breath and read with a level mind! I do apologize for my mistake!

And as I have did research on the initial evidence of tongues in my church of the United Holy Church our founders did not want to contain the Holy Spirit to one gift! So they never adopted tongues as the initial evidence. They believed that it would show but that more importantly holiness was the supreme evidence of the Holy Spirit in the believer. Which I found very interesting because some in the body preach the initial evidence doctrine my pastor is one and some preach tongues as a gift not initial evidence, some preach that holiness is the only evidence of the Spirit and then some of our churches preach that there are no spiritual gifts for the church today. Which as well I find very interesting.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the churches are seven...

1. Ephesus - Apostolic
2. Smyrna - Martyrs - The foxes book of martyrs lists the Roman persecutions as ten.
3. Pergamos - Orthodox - Root word is a fortified structure... Needed for the dark ages
4. Thyatira - Catholic - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate
5. Sardis - Protestant - Sardeis is a gem - The sardiseans are elegant and hard. Example, John MacArthur. (http://www.memidex.com/sardius)
6. Philadelphia - Methodist-Pentecostal - To acquire sanctification is to acquire Philadelphia, or brotherly love.
7. Laodicea- Charismatic-Independent - Rich, increased with goods, and has need of nothing?

I typically hang with the last three... I can take the family to Thomas Road Baptist church functions, attend Pentecostal revivals, and praise along with the charismatics. I support the BBNradio.org which is basically sardisean in doctrine. When they begin 'ragging' against tongues I normally just turn the radio off. I pray with them at the 1:15 PM and 4:00 AM Family Alter and sometimes wish that the announcer one just say 'Father heal these ones in Jesus name!' instead of throwing in the 'if it be thy will' stuff.

I can listen to John MacArthur, though a Sardisean, I like getting in-depth in the word of God. However, I must get off the ride when he gets too far off in the wrong direction.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Arnie Manitoba said:
John MacArthur lashes homosexuality
Pentecostals lash John MacArthur
Baptists lash the Pentecostal
We lash out at each other
Yeah! Baptists are right and the rest of you are just fighting amongst yourselves ;)

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
This is my favorite one...
-the Baptists say that all Catholics are going to hell
-the Pentecostals say the Baptists are going to hell
-the forum members tell Arnie to go to Hell

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

rockytopva said:
I was brought up Baptist and believed with all my heart that all Catholics were going to hell and that speaking of tongues was of the devil. All of that changed when I experienced Pentecost for myself. In which, I know, from being Baptist, that there is no way of changing them unless the Holy Spirit does the work.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
If I had a nickel for every time a forum member told me I was going to hell or I was unsaved I'd have $4.95 ;)