John MacArthur lashes out against homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
John MacArthur also lashes out against the Holy Spirit, teaching his followers the Holy Spirit does not work as He did in the early church, calling the signs of tounges today demonic, do not follow this false teacher.

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
Ruth said:
John MacArthur also lashes out against the Holy Spirit, teaching his followers the Holy Spirit does not work as He did in the early church, calling the signs of tounges today demonic, do not follow this false teacher.
He is a powerful speaker who God could reach today. He might die in his current mindset, but if God sees fit, He will bring him to the truth and John MacArthur is open to that. The strength of your summary of his views on the Holy Spirit are not accurate. Baptists have a concept of the Holy Spirit's working, just not a biblical one. Tongues are whatever. Why do the churches only make room for tongues and not prophecy? Why do we speak words in unknown tongues but not let the prophets speak in the name of the Lord. There's a lot of blame to go around but Pentecostals slinging mud at baptists is hypocritical. When the Pentecostals embrace the Holy Spirit gifts, which they are not doing now, maybe they would have a leg to stand on.

I will add that John Piper was skeptical that the Lord still spoke audibly today until he heard the audible voice of the Lord. It may have been that he was suspicious of those who claimed to hear His voice but after he heard it, he was the one being attacked. Piper should have seen clearly the word of the Lord on that matter, but it was only when it happened he fully accepted it. MacArthur calls out rightfully the fraud and buse in charismatic churches, but if God were to touch him on the matter, he would change overnight.

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
I used to listen to his radio program until he he started teaching the tounges of today are demonic or of emotion, I can not trust a teacher if he can not correctly teach on the Holy Spirit.

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
I hope The Lord will show you all His power through the Holy Spirit, but if you want to control what the Holy Spirit can do and not do, then you will not be blessed, and if you call the workings of the Holy Spirit demonic you are committing apostasy

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Wow, so full of yourself you can not come to even consider there may be another position. I won't insult you by saying I'll pray you change your mind just so I can feel better about myself the way you have. I may be wrong, but scripture and evidence does not support that conclusion thus far.

The Name-It-Claim-It folks may need to have a Willy Wonka as the Holy Spirit, and that is okay, I have followed the conviction of the Holy Spirit in my life and He has lead me to a sober and clear understanding of the Person and Work of the Holy Spirit in my life and the lives of others.

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
Wow, so full of yourself you can not come to even consider there may be another position. I won't insult you by saying I'll pray you change your mind just so I can feel better about myself the way you have. I may be wrong, but scripture and evidence does not support that conclusion thus far.

The Name-It-Claim-It folks may need to have a Willy Wonka as the Holy Spirit, and that is okay, I have followed the conviction of the Holy Spirit in my life and He has lead me to a sober and clear understanding of the Person and Work of the Holy Spirit in my life and the lives of others.

You should fear The Lord my friend this is no joking matter, I am not full of myself, but filled with the Holy Spirit, how about open your heart to all God has to give, speaking in tounges is a Holy Language that prays the will of the Father and helps edify the believer.

I feel sorry for you that you want to miss out on such a blessing.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Mr.Macarthur speaks the truth,and he does so eloquentely, I would like to listen to more of his sermons.

Graceismine

Dec 16, 2012
New Zealand
Pelaides said:
Mr.Macarthur speaks the truth,and he does so eloquentely, I would like to listen to more of his sermons.
John MacArthur teaches "Lordship Salvation". which says that an unbeliever must commit all areas of his life to Christ in order to be saved. It is a works based salvation.

In order to be saved one must believe, that is the gospel not that one must make Jesus Lord over all.

John MacArthur in his zeal to correct the excesses of Pentecostalism has thrown the baby out with the bath water and quenched the Holy Spirit.

Besides his false teaching of Lordship Salvation he teaches another false doctrine. Guess what that is. :lol:

soupy

May 20, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to the video, I liked it, I like the thought of it being love speech, not hate speech to address the Biblical message on homosexuality.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
soupy said:
Back to the video, I liked it, I like the thought of it being love speech, not hate speech to address the Biblical message on homosexuality.
Amen, Soupy! Regardless of some of our doctrinal disagreements that we may (or not) have with John MacArthur, he is to be highly commended for his righteous and truly loving stand against homosexuality.
There is a strong delusional homosexual spirit deceiving the entire world in these end times. John MacArthur has boldly stepped into the breach to confront it with the Truth of the gospel. Instead of fault-finding on other minor issues I humbly suggest that everyone take the time to listen to the video in the OP. Then, address your comments to the topic at hand.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was brought up Baptist and believed with all my heart that all Catholics were going to hell and that speaking of tongues was of the devil. All of that changed when I experienced Pentecost for myself. In which, I know, from being Baptist, that there is no way of changing them unless the Holy Spirit does the work.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
rockytopva said:
I was brought up Baptist and believed with all my heart that all Catholics were going to hell and that speaking of tongues was of the devil. All of that changed when I experienced Pentecost for myself. In which, I know, from being Baptist, that there is no way of changing them unless the Holy Spirit does the work.
Regardless of the love and bubbles belief and teaching that has formed under "love" it is not the complete story. The meaning of loving your neighbor and your enemies has become the false flag and then banner that leads the new age type mentality, we all just love and believe what we feel good about and God loves us for it. I do think there is error in this thinking, and I find it hard to fully justify it when I don't see Jesus refraining from chastising the leaders of Israel for teaching a different Gospel, the same with the disciples, they didn't teach to love in agreeance with a contrary message. The love and bubbles people today use love as a shield to defer critics of those that understand the door is narrow and not many find it. They teach that as long you love all the opinions and everybody, you are in full compliance with the highest desire of God, to summarize love trumps sound doctrine. I disagree. The Lord disciplines those he loves as a father disciplines his son. The love and bubbles christians today have rejected even the slightest suggestion of disciple, or that they maybe loving the ways of the world instead of the truth.

When you compare Joels teaching with MacArthors we see loving everyone at the expense of sound teaching is nothing but new age philosophy
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/17426-paradise-refound/#entry181270

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
Amen, Soupy! Regardless of some of our doctrinal disagreements that we may (or not) have with John MacArthur, he is to be highly commended for his righteous and truly loving stand against homosexuality.
There is a strong delusional homosexual spirit deceiving the entire world in these end times. John MacArthur has boldly stepped into the breach to confront it with the Truth of the gospel. Instead of fault-finding on other minor issues I humbly suggest that everyone take the time to listen to the video in the OP. Then, address your comments to the topic at hand.

Teachers of God should speak to their congregation on living holy Gods way.

We do not judge nor teach the unbeliever.

We reach the unbelievers with love, and the message of the gospel, the Holy Spirit will then show them their sin,and need for a Savior

I must disagree with your comment with stating the workings of the Holy Spirit is a "minor issue", it is a great sin to tell the Holy Spiriy He can not do this gift or that gift today, and then even go as far to call it demonic!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are sermons preached by Joel Osteen that I am in total agreement with.
There were sermons preached by RW Schambach that I was in total agreement with.
There were sermons preached by Billy Graham that I was in total agreement with.
There were sermons preached by Jerry Falwell that I was in total agreement with.
There were sermons preached by JV McGee that I was in total agreement with.
There are sermons preached on the BBNRadio.org that I am in total agreement with.
There are sermons preached by Kenneth Copeland that I am in total agreement with.

***And then there were times I had to get off the boat with these guys***

And there are sermons preached by John MacArthur that I am in total agreement with. Remember... I am the guy that posted the link. I don't believe you got to believe in every issue on a preacher to enjoy listening to him. I am a supporter of the BBNRadio,org, a non-Pentecostal radio program. In December 1989, the Bible Broadcasting Network terminated MacArthur's "Grace to You" program. In explaining that step, BBN president Lowell Davey referred to MacArthur's teachings on the blood of Christ, "Lordship Salvation," and, "Hyper-Calvinism." Davey called these teachings "confusing." In a letter dated January 15, 1990, Davey cited a, "....drift by Dr. MacArthur to a theological position that we could not adhere to," and said that MacArthur's sermon series on the theology of election "....convinced us that the direction of 'Grace to You' was toward Hyper-Calvinism...." MacArthur preaches "Salvation" by election of God's sovereignty. However, the term "Hyper-Calvinism" is used by some to denote 5-point Calvinism or even any strong defense of Calvinism, rather than the historical "Hyper-Calvinism" position that only the "Elect" may be offered the Gospel (compare with the historical teaching of all Protestant denominations, including MacArthur, of the free offer of the gospel).

Way to go Lowell Davey! :)