Jubilees Chapter One, Verses 19 and 20

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jubilees 1:19-20 - "Let thy mercy, O Lord, be lifted up upon Thy people, and create in them an upright spirit, and let not the spirit of Beliar rule over them to accuse them before Thee, and to ensnare them from all the paths of righteousness, so that they may perish from before Thy face. 20But they are Thy people and Thy inheritance, which thou hast delivered with thy great power from the hands of the Egyptians: create in them a clean heart and a holy spirit, and let them not be ensnared in their sins from henceforth until eternity."

From the very beginning, the Lord has been granting His Grace and Mercy to whomever He so chooses. Here, from "this time and onward," we see that Moses asks for new hearts to be created within the Israelite's and that the Holy Spirit would also be placed within them.

This is the Faith of Abraham, the same Faith that Paul teaches that we are to possess (Romans 4:12).

This prayer of Moses (above) has always been fulfilled through Christ . . . the removal of the Sinful Nature, as described in Colossians chapter 2. Jesus has been performing His Holy Operation upon Holy Men and women from the very beginning . . . for even Abel was a Prophet of God.

Colossians 2:11-15 NLT - "When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take it Jubilees is an extrabiblical document that wanted to be included in the canon of holy scripture but was rejected.

As such, I would not put very much stock in it. If it can be used to teach biblical truths, I suppose that that is fine and good; but I would suggest that it was not included in the canon of holy scripture very likely because it contains doctrines that are unbiblical.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take it Jubilees is an extrabiblical document that wanted to be included in the canon of holy scripture but was rejected.

As such, I would not put very much stock in it. If it can be used to teach biblical truths, I suppose that that is fine and good; but I would suggest that it was not included in the canon of holy scripture very likely because it contains doctrines that are unbiblical.

I've read the entire Book of Jubilees and it flows like melted butter. It's a beautiful "read" and I recommend everyone read it. :)