Judaizers! They Live!!!! They walk among us!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you want to use snake analogies. Is this because of your bite?

You talk of honesty, yet all I share is honest and truthful. Liars and slanderers talk like you, and cannot find the lies, because they only believe they are there. This is what defines delusion, thinking something is there but being unable to say what

It is meaningless, because it is erroneous feelings. Jesus is about truth and life, love in the heart of the elect. Do you not know this love?

I know many who say yes, everyday, the life of Christ dwelling on them. Amen.

You are digging yourself a hole.....again. Honesty is love. Truth is love. Courage is love. For the price of honesty I will call you friend.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you want to use snake analogies. Is this because of your bite?

You talk of honesty, yet all I share is honest and truthful. Liars and slanderers talk like you, and cannot find the lies, because they only believe they are there. This is what defines delusion, thinking something is there but being unable to say what

It is meaningless, because it is erroneous feelings. Jesus is about truth and life, love in the heart of the elect. Do you not know this love?

I know many who say yes, everyday, the life of Christ dwelling on them. Amen.

Anything but the truth....move it along.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Anything but the truth....move it along.
Move it along yourself.
A blind man in a dark room sees nothing. Sounds like you.

I am reminded empty hearts are just dull and do not chime. Amen to those who know Jesus healing and love through the cross.

There is no greater thing than to lift ones voice in praise and worship of Jesus. To know the fullness of His Spirit, amen. God bless you, I pray you might come to experience this for yourself.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For example, Paul put himself out on a limb....a doer....took the ministry to the Gentiles. It was the right thing to do, but he took a lot of criticism from the Jewish-Christians for doing it.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Paul knew they could not stop it. Isaiah 60:5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.

Matthew 18:3-5 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. [4] Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. [5] And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

Regardless of how it appears...in the abundance of the sea will be converted ...there is Hope in an abundance will be converted and enter into the kingdom of Heaven. “If God be for us, who can be against us?”

Reactions: Grailhunter

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For example, Paul put himself out on a limb....a doer....took the ministry to the Gentiles. It was the right thing to do, but he took a lot of criticism from the Jewish-Christians for doing it. Closer to our times, the American Revolutionary War....not all of the colonists wanted to go to war with Britain and start a new country of freedom an liberty. So the revolutionists were criticized.

Although there is: Luke 9:49-50 And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. [50] And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

But yeah...I think I get what you are saying.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Doers get in trouble more often than those that sit and watch those do what needs to be done

Many like to sit and watch and be critics...

How many are willing to lay down their lives and endure the critics and the scoffers and the persecutors that always attack those who DO follow where our Master leads...

Are we a critic or a follower?

Peace be with you!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you post the Ten Commandments you posted 613 sins or 613 times ten depending on how you look at it. The only saving grace is that some of the Apostles referenced some of the Ten Commandments, and I say “some” because the phrase “Ten Commandments” does not appear in the New Testament and the Apostles only referenced a few but still never said, “These are your Laws.’ Of the first ten laws we do not observe the Sabbath, the Saturday holyday of the Jews, we observe the Lord’s day on Sunday, and even at that, we have a choice to pick another day, because we are not governed by the Law. Engraved images… You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. NASB Or Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth: KJV That is pretty much any image made by man, figurine, statue, picture, or video …. television. We pretty much blew that one out of the water. Christianity has always had symbols and images. What would a Church be without a cross or a crucifix?

How can this be, How are we not to follow the Ten Commandments? Isn't the Old Testament part of our teachings?

Wasn't the Sabbath day changed from Saturday to Sunday by Constantine the Roman Emperor, so technically the Sabbath day is Saturday, is it not?

I'll buy the graven images part, because the Cross is a symbol of Christianity.

So by watching t.v. we are already violating this? I never thought of it that way.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How can this be, How are we not to follow the Ten Commandments? Isn't the Old Testament part of our teachings?

Wasn't the Sabbath day changed from Saturday to Sunday by Constantine the Roman Emperor, so technically the Sabbath day is Saturday, is it not?

So by watching t.v. we are already violating this? I never thought of it that way.

There is a subtle argument with regard to graven images.
The tabernacle had images of the cherubim created on its lid. The bronze snake used to bring healing on the people of Israel when they were judged for sin by having snakes spread among them, was worshipped as an idol, and therefore had to be destroyed by Moses.

So it is not the image itself that is a sin, but regarding this as a god, or worthy of worship. So a deeper statement of a graven image is anything that is made for the purpose of being worshipped as a god or source of authority separate from the Lord.

So making a statue of someone to show respect is fine, but to bow before it and worship it is a sin.
Without this further definition, it would not be possible to have sculptures or models of anything.
A clothes dummy would be sinful, or a medical model of the body for demonstrating surgery etc.
You would have problems with modelling anything, crash test dummies etc.

The hebrew word "pesel" is used in scripture to be an idol or image for the purpose of worship.
So making a toy, for instance a toy farm for kids to play with, or architects to demonstrate their designs would not be sinful.

1 ‘Cursed is the one who makes a carved or metal image – something abhorrent to the LORD, the work of the craftsman – and sets it up in a secret place.’ Then all the people will say, ‘Amen!’
Deut 27

It appears the Lord is saying the whole process of idol worship, from the creation of the idol to its worship is abhorrent to the Lord.
Creation of images etc for other purposes is not a problem. So the use of TV, of art, of modelling, of representing nature and its features is not something the Lord is against. But these can become idols in our lives, while the Paul describes.

5 So put to death whatever in your nature belongs to the earth: sexual immorality, impurity, shameful passion, evil desire, and greed which is idolatry.
Col 3

Idolatry is a state of mind, replacing God with material things.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

See all the letters of the Apostle Paul.

Constantine did change the day of worship to Sunday. The Jewish Sabbath was still on Saturday and we worship on the Lord's Day. The New Testament indicates we can worship on the day of our choosing. It appears that I have taken up the task of shocking people....sorry. The Mosaic Law is an involved study and history bores people.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bronze snake used to bring healing on the people of Israel when they were judged for sin by having snakes spread among them, was worshipped as an idol, and therefore had to be destroyed by Moses.

Correction: it was destroyed by one of Israel's later kings (Hezekiah):

2Ki 18:1, Now it came to pass in the third year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, that Hezekiah the son of Ahaz king of Judah began to reign.
2Ki 18:2, Twenty and five years old was he when he began to reign; and he reigned twenty and nine years in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Abi, the daughter of Zachariah.
2Ki 18:3, And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that David his father did.
2Ki 18:4, He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan.

So the use of TV, of art, of modelling, of representing nature and its features is not something the Lord is against. But these can become idols in our lives, while the Paul describes.

Not giving commentary on the following, but wanted to bring it to the forefront (feel free to give your own commentary):

Act 17:29, Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Act 17:30, And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Correction: it was destroyed by one of Israel's later kings (Hezekiah):

2Ki 18:1, Now it came to pass in the third year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, that Hezekiah the son of Ahaz king of Judah began to reign.
2Ki 18:2, Twenty and five years old was he when he began to reign; and he reigned twenty and nine years in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Abi, the daughter of Zachariah.
2Ki 18:3, And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that David his father did.
2Ki 18:4, He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan.

Not giving commentary on the following, but wanted to bring it to the forefront (feel free to give your own commentary):

Act 17:29, Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Act 17:30, And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

30 Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone--an image made by man's design and skill.
Acts 17

The point Paul is making is our artistic creations bring out our admiration of things in nature and our lives, but this is not divine.
Without the living God in our hearts, everything we admire in life will become to us like a god. But this is not art that is the problem but our lack of communion with the living God.

I know the power of art, to convey emotion, happy and sad, troubled and in need, or happy and rejoicing. Equally music expresses our hearts its trauma and exultation.

Those whose answer to life is repression dislike art and music because it suggests there is something more than they are experiencing, while hedonists go to far and let the random feelings of their hearts drive everything they do at the expense of damage and hurt to others.

In Christ Jesus we are victorious, holding our hearts and emotions in check in the Holy Spirit, so that we can exalt in victory His work in our lives and walk in the Kingdom here on earth, Amen, Praise the Lord.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
30 Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone--an image made by man's design and skill.
Acts 17

The point Paul is making is our artistic creations bring out our admiration of things in nature and our lives, but this is not divine.
Without the living God in our hearts, everything we admire in life will become to us like a god. But this is not art that is the problem but our lack of communion with the living God.

I know the power of art, to convey emotion, happy and sad, troubled and in need, or happy and rejoicing. Equally music expresses our hearts its trauma and exultation.

Those whose answer to life is repression dislike art and music because it suggests there is something more than they are experiencing, while hedonists go to far and let the random feelings of their hearts drive everything they do at the expense of damage and hurt to others.

In Christ Jesus we are victorious, holding our hearts and emotions in check in the Holy Spirit, so that we can exalt in victory His work in our lives and walk in the Kingdom here on earth, Amen, Praise the Lord.

Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

^says much doesn’t it? What of that image in Daniel, and what of heaven ...excepting some similar creation to that of men: made of gold and precious stones... our notion of what is precious to the Lord might be tainted with idolatry.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

^says much doesn’t it? What of that image in Daniel, and what of heaven ...excepting some similar creation to that of men: made of gold and precious stones... our notion of what is precious to the Lord might be tainted with idolatry.

I do wonder in revelations, the nations are accused of idolatry, while in our secular society these idolatry objects are our houses, cars, possessions which if taken away cause shock and a total distraught state. It does make me wonder do we fully understand the foundation of our security.

God bless you

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do wonder in revelations, the nations are accused of idolatry, while in our secular society these idolatry objects are our houses, cars, possessions which if taken away cause shock and a total distraught state. It does make me wonder do we fully understand the foundation of our security.

God bless you

Today idolatry is rampant in pagan religions like Roman Catholicism, which worships the pagan goddess, "Queen of Heaven"to whom the the pope kneels before her graven image!! This evil Queen of Heaven cult was known to prophet Jeremiah. They were so evil and beyond redemption that God instructed the prophet: "Do not pray for this people, and do not lift up cry or prayer for them, and do not intercede with Me; for I do not hear you." Jeremiah 7:18

Attachments

• Pope 1.jpg
    Pope 1.jpg
    921.7 KB · Views: 0

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Law is under Grace as to Jesus Christ is now above all as Holy Moses said he was to come and the only difference as to the commandments is that we are not under the Law but under Grace as the Law has not disappeared at all as it has not been done away with as God never does such, but in time it was fulfilled brought to light under Grace and now abide faith, hope, Charity and the greatest is Charity.
Not to mention that Charity is not charity as most claim such to be nowadays and non of such above things come from you but from Christ Jesus abiding in you.

If anyone wants to be under the Law such a one does not have Grace at all. Grace does not abound under the Law. the Law only convicts and it can not set you free like Charity.

Jesus said, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My commandments; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me. John 14:23 . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today idolatry is rampant in pagan religions like Roman Catholicism, which worships the pagan goddess, "Queen of Heaven"to whom the the pope kneels before her graven image!! This evil Queen of Heaven cult was known to prophet Jeremiah. They were so evil and beyond redemption that God instructed the prophet: "Do not pray for this people, and do not lift up cry or prayer for them, and do not intercede with Me; for I do not hear you." Jeremiah 7:18
To all those who belong to Christ in the Catholic Church there will come a voice from heaven, saying:

Rev 18:4, And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Reactions: Stan B

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To all those who belong to Christ in the Catholic Church there will come a voice from heaven, saying:

Rev 18:4, And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

>> "To all those who belong to Christ in the Catholic Church . . ."

Indeed, I have a number of friends who attend the Roman Catholic church who are indeed saints. Only a month ago, my next door neighbor of 30 years invited me over to discuss these kind of issues which have been on their mind. They have observed they way we live, and are seeking my advice as to the alternative to the Roman Catholic Church in our community.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Rev 18:4, And I heard another Svoice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

and @Stan B

Stop listening to traditions of men..

There's an old saying that the greatest achievment of Satan was to get people to not believe he exists..

I think, rather, his greatest achievement was to confuse the world as to who the bride is in Rev 22:17

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let the hearer say, "Come." Let the one who thirsts come forward, and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water

The doors yet remain open...

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Reactions: Stan B