Judgemental People

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read the article, and see it as little more than justification for not trying to meet people where they are.

Last edited:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the article, and see it as little more than justification for not trying to meet people where they are.
That's fine, but I do not plan on sugarcoating things and mollycoddling people if they are saying things the Bible does not say. For the record, the article does say we are not to be mean and hateful. But we should not fear of someone being offended by the truth. The truth necessarily offends because people don't want to hear the truth.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willie, was this written by someone else? If so, who? All good thoughts.
Yes, that was mostly from a book I have. As I said earlier in this thread, I am not comfortable in just dumping this book out there for all to read. Jennifer is not the only one who may not yet be ready to accurately understand it. It was definitely not written from a Biblical perspective, and I don't feel like giving people a giggling field day tearing it to shreds because the author (born a Jew, but left the faith) didn't shroud it in Scriptures.

(For those who think it is horrible to read books not written by Christians, may I remind you that almost none of the school books you so deeply absorbed were written by Christians.)

Last edited:

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
www.jenniferdianeaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that was mostly from a book I have. As I said earlier in this thread, I am not comfortable in just dumping this book out there for all to read. Jennifer is not the only one who may not yet be ready to accurately understand it. It was definitely not written from a Biblical perspective, and I don't feel like giving people a giggling field day tearing it to shreds because the author (born a Jew, but left the faith) didn't shroud it in Scriptures.

(For those who think it is horrible to read books not written by Christians, may I remind you that almost none of the school books you so deeply absorbed were written by Christians.)
I'll read any book...I just don't read much..I feel too lazy and weak to read sometimes...and if I do read ..I'll start reading a paragraph and stop in the middle of it cause I would lose energy reading quickly...

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is an article I have in my files. It won't cure a thing, but it might help some of us think a little. It is truly little more than two drops in the ocean of self-awareness.

When you choose to go into most any psychiatric field, even in a low-level way as I did, you are subject to psychiatric "evaluations." One of the problems (among many LOL) that I was found to require dealing with was Impulsivity.

Got Impulse Control?
By Susan Kuchinskas
From the WebMD Archives

People who lack self control can get into all sorts of trouble. Here's how to curb your urges.

Alison Zollars Arthur knows better. As the owner of a skin and body wellness center, the 44-year-old Houston resident regularly counsels her clients about the importance of a healthy diet. But too often, she pigs out on fast food, salty snacks, and wine.

"If I have one glass of wine, I will have more," she says. "The voice saying, 'You really shouldn't,' shuts down, and I can do anything I want to."

That "voice" is the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, an area of the brain that handles planning, making choices, and suppressing urges. It coordinates with another region of the prefrontal cortex called the right orbitofrontal cortex, an area involved in regulating emotions. When you encounter a potential reward, these areas of the brain do some quick math to determine whether you'll be better off going for it or putting your energy toward a bigger payoff later.

Small Impulse vs. Big Payoff
"Often, one is faced with small immediate rewards versus larger delayed rewards. Individuals who choose to wait for larger delayed rewards are typically seen as less impulsive," says Marc N. Potenza, MD, associate professor of psychiatry and child study at Yale University School of Medicine.

Impulsivity has two main characteristics: rapid, unplanned reactions and reduced concern for the consequences of actions. Clearly, poor impulse control can have all sorts of negative effects on your life, Potenza says. For example, being unable to control your anger can lead to problems at work and with your family. Lack of impulse control can cause compulsive disorders involving such things as gambling, shopping, or sex. It has even been linked to type 2 diabetes.

There also seems to be a genetic component to impulse control. A 2008 study suggests that genetic factors influence the size of the right orbitofrontal cortex. Teenagers with less volume in this area were more susceptible to alcohol abuse.

You can, however, learn to control yourself better, Potenza says. It may be as simple as paying better attention to the voice of your prefrontal cortex. Now, Arthur says, "my main trick is just reminding myself, as I'm beginning to go down the decision-making road, how I will feel afterward."
Amazing patience and concern Willie! ...with the right amount of austerity when required!
Very inspiring!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree but I find it hard to do that when my feelings are disregarded everyday and my bondaries are being overstepped. I know I should be considerate and respectful of others but I'm not an animal, I need the respect and compassion as much as they do. If people will insult abuse and ignore me and my feelings, the same respect and action will be returned. I won't let anyone use me or walk all over me as if I'm crazy and don't know better but trust me I'm not crazy I know how this world works but that's the difference between Jesus and I , because of his beautiful immaculate heart he could overlook such stuff.. I however always can't do that..just know if you overstep me and my feelings..my voice will be heard whether you like it or not.. because I deserve the same respect...and consideration
Jennifer, i don't mean to be deprecating in any way as I say this, but, just make sure that you are understanding people's intent before you accuse them of being inappropriate, unfair or judgmental.
I've seen myself do this, misconstruing a remark as offensive, when I actually just missed the correct innuendo. I think this is common mistake by all of us at times.
So please Jennifer, also consider this aspect, that you may be too quick to accuse, when the intent to judge or ridicule just wasn't there. Possibly Jen?
I say this to make you aware, and thus, to alleviate your hurt, not to criticize.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's fine, but I do not plan on sugarcoating things and mollycoddling people if they are saying things the Bible does not say. For the record, the article does say we are not to be mean and hateful. But we should not fear of someone being offended by the truth. The truth necessarily offends because people don't want to hear the truth.
And people sit here thinking because the quoted the bible it is as they say it is, and yet stand in complete opposition to God. Yes many are offended by the truth that is who so few go to the one who is the truth.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

but who needs Jesus

Luk_10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Thats why even Paul said

Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

but how many are willing, so few.