Judgemental People

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Quote deleted by mod

I'm sure that post made Jesus happy!!!!:eek:

You are now getting worse rather than better!
You obviously don't wish to stay on this Site ..you want to join another one and tell them how you were banned from here.

You are a sad person who doesn't want to be helped.
Willie has tried hard and had so much patience with you...I'm sure he is very sad. But I doubt you care one whit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
www.jenniferdianeaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read my post. I told you I know you were irritated when you BEGAN both of those posts. But, there was all sorts of time that elapsed between then and when you finally punched the SEND button. And during all that time, no one was laughing at you. There were no posts on the screen for your to see as you sat typing your reply. This forum will not let you do both at the same time.

I am trying hard to help you, but you have to QUICKLY begin to take responsibility for the things you, yourself, type. The Mods will only put up with me running interference for you for a limited length of time. And after you push beyond that limit, they will just give you a vacation.
I was upset about something else in my life and when I came oh here I felt like I was insulted by that person also so I took it all in . So I felt upset more where I blabbered that comment... Geeez

Last edited:

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure that post made Jesus happy!!!!:eek:

You are now getting worse rather than better!
You obviously don't wish to stay on this Site ..you want to join another one and tell them how you were banned from here.

You are a sad person who doesn't want to be helped.
Willie has tried hard and had so much patience with you...I'm sure he is very sad. But I doubt you care one whit.
Yeah I am sad and do need help. But don't worry about me because I know who I am with everyday and where I will get the help ...it's all a matter of faith...

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jennifer some people have their heads in the clouds and because of this they are no earthly use to anyone.

Jesus did say, do not judge others otherwise you will be judged by the same yard stick.

My prayer is that God will continue to draw you, Jennifer, into his loving embrace as you come to know of his love for you as a person who has come to believe in Him.

As for using the common speech of these times, it does help us to express our feelings and frustrations out load. However, the language is self centred, looking at only our needs and it is not outward looking which was how Christ ministered to others. He put Himself in the least place of honour among the people to serve them.

There is much that we all can learn from the personhood of Christ for our daily walk.

May God's love overwhelm you in your ability to serve and walk with Him.

Shalom
I agree but I find it hard to do that when my feelings are disregarded everyday and my bondaries are being overstepped. I know I should be considerate and respectful of others but I'm not an animal, I need the respect and compassion as much as they do. If people will insult abuse and ignore me and my feelings, the same respect and action will be returned. I won't let anyone use me or walk all over me as if I'm crazy and don't know better but trust me I'm not crazy I know how this world works but that's the difference between Jesus and I , because of his beautiful immaculate heart he could overlook such stuff.. I however always can't do that..just know if you overstep me and my feelings..my voice will be heard whether you like it or not.. because I deserve the same respect...and consideration

Last edited:

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole post about Jesus said we are to not judge and that if we judge we are in the wrong. That is grossly taken out of context.

I preached about this back in March. Preach the Word
I am tired now and that video is too long..I dont care anyway..I'm sure it's nothing I haven't heard preached on TBN..and like I said I didn't say anything unbibiblical, you insulted me so I'm not going to listen to that and I don't have to ..and I don't care if the Lord ends up sending me to hell, like I said I won't let people disrespect me and my feelings...if you can't respect me I want nothing to do with you...and I don't have to preach anything, all I have to do is be myself...

Last edited:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am tired now and that video is too long..I dont care anyway..I'm sure it's nothing I haven't heard preached on TBN..and like I said I didn't say anything unbibiblical, you insulted me so I'm not going to listen to that and I don't have to ..and I don't care if the Lord ends up sending me to hell, like I said I won't let people disrespect me and my feelings...if you can't respect me I want nothing to do with you...and I don't have to preach anything, all I have to do is be myself...
How exactly did I insult you? How exactly did I disrespect you?

And even in this post you said something unbiblical. No, all you have to do is not "be yourself." We are called to DIE to self and become more like Christ.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an article I have in my files. It won't cure a thing, but it might help some of us think a little. It is truly little more than two drops in the ocean of self-awareness.

When you choose to go into most any psychiatric field, even in a low-level way as I did, you are subject to psychiatric "evaluations." One of the problems (among many LOL) that I was found to require dealing with was Impulsivity.

Got Impulse Control?
By Susan Kuchinskas
From the WebMD Archives

People who lack self control can get into all sorts of trouble. Here's how to curb your urges.

Alison Zollars Arthur knows better. As the owner of a skin and body wellness center, the 44-year-old Houston resident regularly counsels her clients about the importance of a healthy diet. But too often, she pigs out on fast food, salty snacks, and wine.

"If I have one glass of wine, I will have more," she says. "The voice saying, 'You really shouldn't,' shuts down, and I can do anything I want to."

That "voice" is the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, an area of the brain that handles planning, making choices, and suppressing urges. It coordinates with another region of the prefrontal cortex called the right orbitofrontal cortex, an area involved in regulating emotions. When you encounter a potential reward, these areas of the brain do some quick math to determine whether you'll be better off going for it or putting your energy toward a bigger payoff later.

Small Impulse vs. Big Payoff
"Often, one is faced with small immediate rewards versus larger delayed rewards. Individuals who choose to wait for larger delayed rewards are typically seen as less impulsive," says Marc N. Potenza, MD, associate professor of psychiatry and child study at Yale University School of Medicine.

Impulsivity has two main characteristics: rapid, unplanned reactions and reduced concern for the consequences of actions. Clearly, poor impulse control can have all sorts of negative effects on your life, Potenza says. For example, being unable to control your anger can lead to problems at work and with your family. Lack of impulse control can cause compulsive disorders involving such things as gambling, shopping, or sex. It has even been linked to type 2 diabetes.

There also seems to be a genetic component to impulse control. A 2008 study suggests that genetic factors influence the size of the right orbitofrontal cortex. Teenagers with less volume in this area were more susceptible to alcohol abuse.

You can, however, learn to control yourself better, Potenza says. It may be as simple as paying better attention to the voice of your prefrontal cortex. Now, Arthur says, "my main trick is just reminding myself, as I'm beginning to go down the decision-making road, how I will feel afterward."

Reactions: Nancy

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree but I find it hard to do that when my feelings are disregarded everyday and my bondaries are being overstepped. I know I should be considerate and respectful of others but I'm not an animal, I need the respect and compassion as much as they do. If people will insult abuse and ignore me and my feelings, the same respect and action will be returned. I won't let anyone use me or walk all over me as if I'm crazy and don't know better but trust me I'm not crazy I know how this world works but that's the difference between Jesus and I , because of his beautiful immaculate heart he could overlook such stuff.. I however always can't do that..just know if you overstep me and my feelings..my voice will be heard whether you like it or not.. because I deserve the same respect...and consideration

Jennifer, I understand the feelings of rejection as I too have suffered rejection from people, well meaning religious people who have trouble connecting the dots in the scriptures, who attempt to hold the high ground, and reject you because you or I have used colourful language to express our feelings about how they have made us feel.

But God is much bigger than they are, and He cares for us even when we have become broken and feel like we are meaningless crap that they must clean their environment and not touch something that is unclean. They will push us away and focus only on what they believe is "truth."

Jennifer, I believe that God has you, just like me, on the top couple of names on His List of the people He desires beyond any measure that he wants to draw to Himself, to Bless and encourage to become the very person that He had intended us to become since the beginning of creation.

Jennifer, my pray and also my praise of God is that He is already doing what I have asked of Him with respect to you through prayer.

May you Know and sense God's presence around you, caring for you, as you walk away from your land, from your kin, from your paternal father's household, as you walk with God in the Earth that He intends for all of the Saint to inherit, even now, but certainly at the end of the Age of the Ages, in our respective distant futures.

May the Lord God Bless you, and keep you safe, now and forever more, Amen.

Last edited:

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jennifer, I understand the feelings of rejection as I too have suffered rejection from people, well meaning religious people who have trouble connecting the dots in the scriptures, who attempt to hold the high ground, and reject you because you or I have used colourful language to express our feelings about how they have made us feel.

But God is much bigger than they are, and He cares for us even when we have become broken and feel like we are meaningless crap that they must clean their environment and not touch something that is unclean. They will push us away and focus only on what they believe is "truth."

Jennifer, I believe that God has you, just like me, on the top couple of names on His List of the people He desires beyond any measure that he wants to draw to Himself, to Bless and encourage to become the very person that He had intended us to become since the beginning of creation.

Jennifer, my pray and also my praise of God is that He is already doing what I have asked of Him with respect to you through prayer.

May you Know and sense God's presence around you, caring for you, as you walk away from your land, from your kin, from your paternal father's household, as you walk with God in the Earth that He intends for all of the Saint to inherit, even now, but certainly at the end of the Age of the Ages, in our respective distant futures.

May the Lord God Bless you, and help you safe, now and forever more, Amen.
Ok thank you..I appreciate that..I hope you find your way back to the Lord too..

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Jennifer , all your emotional pain (being hurt, feelings of abuse, disrespect, etc) come from your body. Some will say it comes from the mind, but we are of two minds. The mind is in between body and soul, and so there is the body-mind and the soul-mind. The body-mind references life by the body; and the soul-mind references life from the soul/spirit.

Though we have a body, we are not the body.

To reference life by the body (self-will) will enslave you (through fear) to wanting and needing the worldly life to please you. It is only our fears that have wants, needs, through harboring issues and agendas.

To reference life by the spirit (God's-will) will liberate you (through faith) to the truth of who you are and why you are here. In this realization you will know that you have no needs or wants from the worldly life. Conditional fear is replaced by unconditional faith, and truth rushes in to heal you.

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jennifer , all your emotional pain (being hurt, feelings of abuse, disrespect, etc) come from your body. Some will say it comes from the mind, but we are of two minds. The mind is in between body and soul, and so there is the body-mind and the soul-mind. The body-mind references life by the body; and the soul-mind references life from the soul/spirit.

Though we have a body, we are not the body.

To reference life by the body (self-will) will enslave you (through fear) to wanting and needing the worldly life to please you. It is only our fears that have wants, needs, through harboring issues and agendas.

To reference life by the spirit (God's-will) will liberate you (through faith) to the truth of who you are and why you are here. In this realization you will know that you have no needs or wants from the worldly life. Conditional fear is replaced by unconditional faith, and truth rushes in to heal you.
Ok I'll keep that in mind...thank you

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is so nice to see that The Mods have been here and cleaned up this Thread for us. :)

Reactions: Willie T

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi. This year must have been the worst for me, but also an eye opener, an eye opener of how judgemental people are quick to judge someone and thier situation. Yeah, I have been feeling exsposed lately by God but I don't think God told people to sign my check and cash it and take it to the bank. You can't judge me and think you can count all my wrongs when in truth Jesus died for the same wrongs you committed. I don't care if you are a Christian or not, no one can judge me and take it upon themselves..I can't even write off my own wrongs so what makes you think you can write off your wrongs by judging me and my life. Consider it a miracle though that it's just one of those "signs" in the Bible but Jesus said a wicked and adulterous generation ask for a sign but none would be given but the sign of Jonah. Tell me I'm wrong, who do you think you are judging. There is only one judge and one lawgiver and that is the Lord. Y'all make all kinds of assumptions about things to justify yourselves and you do it because you don't believe, you don't believe in anything unless it fits your eyes and hearing. You won't believe unless it's something you believe in. And just because you claim yourself a Christian you think you own Jesus heart but the truth is we don't own Jesus, he owns us because the father gave him to us, we didn't choose him, he chose us because he loved us first and not the other way around unless you can say you are %100 percent devoted to Jesus, don't fall short and not capable of an error. But nobody is perfect on this planet..we are all capable of falling into errors.. Jesus said condemn not and you will not be condemned, judge not and you will not be judged but most importantly pass no judgment on anyone in life. You may take the crown and claim yourself the church but you don't know me or my life but what your eyes choose to see and your ears choose to hear but you have no right to judge me or my character just because I'm going thru divine unfournate events and unfair treatment. Why not pray for me instead instead of talking about me like I'm not there....thanks bye

You're in the Christian world and seeing what those of us have seen before you! I could write a book on all the wrongs I've encountered in churches. I've had snooty leadership act judgmental - we left the church and later learned their little group broke up.

I remember how one church we were at, one of our family members became upset that the leadership forced a man who had been caught in adultery to confess it to the congregation. It was pretty ridiculous because that church was full of backbiters, gossipers, and hypocrites. The pastor's wife later committed suicide; I think due to that toxic environment of judgmentalism.

There are some "Christians" who you just have to walk away from. I believe there may be time for "correction" but too many rush into it, aren't loving, and have too big of logs in their own eyes to correct another. Your dealing is with Christ and that's who you should be asking to speak to your heart.

Hold your ground Jennifer; don't let anyone put you down.

Has anyone explained to you that once you become a Christian you have inherited an enemy? The accuser? I think that "The Adversary" should be required reading for new Christians.

Bottom line is that it's hard for others to diagnose what is going on. But I have seen the extreme example of how toxic judgmentalism can be so I would caution you to find a group of believers who are supportive.

John 15:20

“Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.”

John 8:7

“So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Jennifer

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am being abused by my family

Maybe you need to get away from them for awhile? Do you have a relative you can stay with? There are shelters if not but I'd be very careful since you can be victimized there as well; especially if a predator notices that you're vulnerable. You could also find caring people - just be careful. Will your church help if you ask them?

Would you like us to pray?

Reactions: Nancy

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My heart aches that I think I have the start of a possible answer sitting on my computer. But, it is far too dangerous reading for her at this stage...… actually, for most of us. LOL

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My heart aches that I think I have the start of a possible answer sitting on my computer. But, it is far too dangerous reading for her at this stage...… actually, for most of us. LOL

Maybe you should step out and share it - she sounds as if she's reaching for help - just not the judgmental kind. As I've said I've seen the devastating effects of that where the pastor's wife killed herself. I don't know if that's why but I suspect it.

But maybe you should share what you know.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you should step out and share it - she sounds as if she's reaching for help - just not the judgmental kind. As I've said I've seen the devastating effects of that where the pastor's wife killed herself. I don't know if that's why but I suspect it.

But maybe you should share what you know.
Maybe one day.

Reactions: Soverign Grace