• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the book of James in the first chapter you can see him writing to the twelve tribes of the nation of Israel who were scattered among gentile nations.

If you read from chapter 1 to chapter 2, you’ll go right into a example story lead by James in which he brings up the example of a rich man and a poor man, in how both should be treated equally and not one favoring above another.

In James Chapter 2:3-4 expound on how as individuals we became judges with evil thoughts, when one treats someone better than the other. It’s also one of the greater reasons to not judge that you may not be judged back.

“and ye may look upon him bearing the gay raiment, and may say to him, ‘Thou — sit thou here well,’ and to the poor man may say, ‘Thou — stand thou there, or, Sit thou here under my footstool,’ — ye did not judge fully in yourselves, and did become ill-reasoning judges.”
‭‭James‬ ‭2:3-4‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Did you know that James wrote about being the good of not being judgmental towards other people, helps in not becoming and ill-reasoning judge.

How can you able serve anyone if you are judgmental against them?

In some cases judgmental means to have censorial power over another person, and sometimes making judgments or decision.
(I could be wrong here are my thoughts).

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would seem some in the church were being partial to the rich members.

I think its bad when you allow negative attitudes towards a group of people to stop you from seeing them as your neighbour and you don't feel the need to love them as you love yourself.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the book of James in the first chapter you can see him writing to the twelve tribes of the nation of Israel who were scattered among gentile nations.

If you read from chapter 1 to chapter 2, you’ll go right into a example story lead by James in which he brings up the example of a rich man and a poor man, in how both should be treated equally and not one favoring above another.

In James Chapter 2:3-4 expound on how as individuals we became judges with evil thoughts, when one treats someone better than the other. It’s also one of the greater reasons to not judge that you may not be judged back.

“and ye may look upon him bearing the gay raiment, and may say to him, ‘Thou — sit thou here well,’ and to the poor man may say, ‘Thou — stand thou there, or, Sit thou here under my footstool,’ — ye did not judge fully in yourselves, and did become ill-reasoning judges.”
‭‭James‬ ‭2:3-4‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Did you know that James wrote about being the good of not being judgmental towards other people, helps in not becoming and ill-reasoning judge.

How can you able serve anyone if you are judgmental against them?

In some cases judgmental means to have censorial power over another person, and sometimes making judgments or decision.
(I could be wrong here are my thoughts).

That is why it is so great that judging has been delegated to Jesus Matt. In our imperfection it is extremely hard to not judge someone, if not impossible. But what is truly a bad trait among us, some of us actually pre judge someone.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Robert,

To share with what you have shared.

My early Christian life involved so much judgment towards any and all people. Pride got to me when I got in touch with reading Jesus. Then a teacher happen to come about and start encouraging to read the word of God more. Now I under more now how much more faith and knowing who Jesus is and what he has done is of importance in biblical understanding.

One of those notion Jesus speaks about judge not so that you shall not be judged.

The less you judge the less you will be judge, and sometimes the only remarks you can make to other people is just to be kind and bless them.

In love, peace, mercy, kindness, compassion, of Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wynona,

Yes all people are our neighbor, in which by the spirit, in Christ should cause us to be kind, forgiving, merciful, patient, kind, loving, joyful, even though it can be hard if our flesh is having a hard time.

In love, peace, joy, rejoice, kindness,, of Christ,
Matthew Gallagher