Judgment Is Executed on COVID-19: by Kenneth Copeland in Jesus's Name!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one said anything against a man of God, we all said something against a con man that has conned you

Ephesians 6:11-12
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
James 4:7
Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
v

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Far better than those in danger of losing their souls!!! Think!! confess and repent===fast!!
Your motor may be running, but the clutch isn't engaging. You are losing your mind. There is such a thing as God turning people over to a reprobate mind. I have quoted parts of the Bible to you which you chose to ignore.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

I assure you that those walking in the Holy Spirit have sound minds. If I find myself thinking something even slightly crazy, I examine myself since it tells me I am not walking fully in the Spirit.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Reactions: Joseph77

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 6:11-12
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
James 4:7
Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
v
So? That has nothing to do with a evil con man who fools you

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one said anything against a man of God, we all said something against a con man that has conned you
False teachers are way more popular than teachers or bringers of truth.
The con man tries to con everyone, and does not succeed unless someone has given in to a deceiving spirit first, - others hearing the false teacher avoid him, and do not listen to him, as
Jesus says we will not listen to "another voice" - we recognize and know Jesus' Voice, as Jesus says plainly.
When someone listens to "another voice", Jesus talks about that also, and perhaps the Father will grant repentance?

Reactions: historyb

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow this has really became a Copeland bashing thread.

You do realize Kenneth Copeland's Grandpa blessed him with a quite a bit of land and he almost got a pond built for free by listening to God, it only ended up costing him $600 for a giant pond.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe still Like King David said, and many others after him, something to the tune of : Oh Lord God Almighty! Why, oh why, do the wicked prosper ?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You do realize Kenneth Copeland's Grandpa blessed him with a quite a bit of land and he almost got a pond built for free by listening to God, it only ended up costing him $600 for a giant pond.

You will even hear when they dug the pond, waters started coming up from underground to fill it.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 13:2 "Do you see all these great buildings?" Jesus ...
biblehub.com/mark/13-2.htm
"Not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down." New Living Translation Jesus replied, "Yes, look at these great buildings. But they will be completely demolished. ..

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God has even used Tele-evangelists to lead prisoners to Jesus. Tele-evangelism on prison televisions used to be a big ministry to reach them, I don't know whether if it still is. But a lot of prisoners heard about Jesus that way.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I remember God using an animal once or more times to get through to someone.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(the false gospel remains cursed, along with anyone who brings a false gospel, as revealed throughout all Scripture, and
online sources)

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never knew that much about the fellow until I started seeing threads about him. I didn't care about him one or the other until I started learning more about him.

What makes him think every idea that crosses his mind comes from God? I also found his telling the story garbled at times.

Did you notice how he would stop and laugh from time to time? He does that when preaching too. Sometimes it's very inappropriate in his sermons. I can tell you why people laugh like that. They laugh like that when confusion is hitting them. They are of two minds -- or as James put it, "double minded" on the topic. Laughter in the form of joke telling itself has two elements -- one is antisocial. I tell you a joke about something that makes you uncomfortable. If I can make you laugh, that is you saying, "There is something wrong here, but I can tolerate it -- I don't need to be angry or annoyed." Thus jokes should contain a grain of truth in order to be truly funny; and some people will not laugh at jokes if they can't accept the truth in them with grace and forgiveness. Copeland's laughter isn't like stage comedy. His confusion is internal.

I saw spin and more spin. I could spin the story about the red truck to say the truck was cursed. His wife's grandfather got to drive it, yes, but it gave him a stroke.

God has even used Tele-evangelists to lead prisoners to Jesus. Tele-evangelism on prison televisions used to be a big ministry to reach them, I don't know whether if it still is. But a lot of prisoners heard about Jesus that way.
Perhaps. It's news to me. I hear more about televangelists being sentenced to prisons than about them ministering to prisoners using television. How about Acton Bowers who put on a great show of being faithful to his wife by following Billy Graham's rule about never being alone with another woman? That looked great. He looked like a saint until it was revealed he liked little boys.

I guess such ministers would not need jets and expensive houses.

I'd want to see hard numbers over time myself before I was convinced. Billy Graham admitted before he died that he wished he had done things differently. He said he had put too much emphasis on the numbers of people who responded to altar calls at his meetings and not enough on making sure they kept on track later. Does it do much good if prisoners believe what a televangelist tells them if they return to crime when they get out? I hope you also know that religion can be used to scam prison officials. If you want out of prison early, you can often attend meetings held by Christians who visit your prison. If you put on a good act, you may impress the parole board and get released earlier than you would have otherwise.

I doubt trying to minister to people in prison using television would work that well. Many of them need someone they trust enough to talk to; and a good prison minister is showing the people in prison the Love of Christ. He shows up, doesn't get paid and is there to try to help them solve any problems they may have on their minds.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I never knew that much about the fellow until I started seeing threads about him. I didn't care about him one or the other until I started learning more about him.

What makes him think every idea that crosses his mind comes from God? I also found his telling the story garbled at times.

Did you notice how he would stop and laugh from time to time? He does that when preaching too. Sometimes it's very inappropriate in his sermons. I can tell you why people laugh like that. They laugh like that when confusion is hitting them. They are of two minds -- or as James put it, "double minded" on the topic. Laughter in the form of joke telling itself has two elements -- one is antisocial. I tell you a joke about something that makes you uncomfortable. If I can make you laugh, that is you saying, "There is something wrong here, but I can tolerate it -- I don't need to be angry or annoyed." Thus jokes should contain a grain of truth in order to be truly funny; and some people will not laugh at jokes if they can't accept the truth in them with grace and forgiveness. Copeland's laughter isn't like stage comedy. His confusion is internal.

I saw spin and more spin. I could spin the story about the red truck to say the truck was cursed. His wife's grandfather got to drive it, yes, but it gave him a stroke.

Perhaps. It's news to me. I hear more about televangelists being sentenced to prisons than about them ministering to prisoners using television. How about Acton Bowers who put on a great show of being faithful to his wife by following Billy Graham's rule about never being alone with another woman? That looked great. He looked like a saint until it was revealed he liked little boys.

I guess such ministers would not need jets and expensive houses.

I'd want to see hard numbers over time myself before I was convinced. Billy Graham admitted before he died that he wished he had done things differently. He said he had put too much emphasis on the numbers of people who responded to altar calls at his meetings and not enough on making sure they kept on track later. Does it do much good if prisoners believe what a televangelist tells them if they return to crime when they get out? I hope you also know that religion can be used to scam prison officials. If you want out of prison early, you can often attend meetings held by Christians who visit your prison. If you put on a good act, you may impress the parole board and get released earlier than you would have otherwise.

I doubt trying to minister to people in prison using television would work that well. Many of them need someone they trust enough to talk to; and a good prison minister is showing the people in prison the Love of Christ. He shows up, doesn't get paid and is there to try to help them solve any problems they may have on their minds.

I remember Jimmy Swaggart led a prisoner to Jesus right on the prison television screen,
he turned around, pointed his finger at the prisoner, said something along the lines of "you right there, repent, and turn to Jesus" that prisoner gave his life to Jesus straight away.

That's a real life example of how God can use tele-evangelism to lead prisoners to Jesus.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I remember Jimmy Swaggart led a prisoner to Jesus right on the prison television screen,
he turned around, pointed his finger at the prisoner, said something along the lines of "you right there, repent, and turn to Jesus" that prisoner gave his life to Jesus straight away.

That's a real life example of how God can use tele-evangelism to lead prisoners to Jesus.

He definitely had the Holy Spirit's leading to do that.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is known among some people, that prisoners would watch tele-evangelism on their TVs in the late 90s/early 2000s, they would have the prison chaplain speak to them, but they would also watch/listen to sermons on their televisions from tele-evangelists.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is known among some people, that prisoners would watch tele-evangelism on their TVs in the late 90s/early 2000s, they would have the prison chaplain speak to them, but they would also watch/listen to sermons on their televisions from tele-evangelists.

It was also known, that some people, prisoners or not would accidently flick on a Christian service on TV, and turn to Jesus.

There is no doubt God has used tele-evangelism to reach many.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can believe something like that can happen but I'd like to know what happend to that prisoner. Where is he today? I also have reservations about Jimmy Swaggart considering his sordid history. That is so ugly, I prefer not to go into it. What I can say is I wouldn't want him to put his hands on me. I'd be afraid of what kind of spirit I might receive. His infamous "I have sinned" speech showed us he did not repent, he was only sorry he got caught. The man does not know what true repentance is.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can believe something like that can happen but I'd like to know what happend to that prisoner. Where is he today? I also have reservations about Jimmy Swaggart considering his sordid history. That is so ugly, I prefer not to go into it. What I can say is I wouldn't want him to put his hands on me. I'd be afraid of what kind of spirit I might receive. His infamous "I have sinned" speech showed us he did not repent, he was only sorry he got caught. The man does not know what true repentance is.

His past is his past, and it was a long time ago, can we forgive? I believe he was genuinely repentant.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I still believe God can do miracles and that God can change anybody, He can even change the worst of criminals lives around.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd want to see hard numbers over time myself before I was convinced.
That grey ham guy had lots of numbers, but was exposed in 1948 by conservative pastors who went to him in private first, warning him not to continue in bed with satan.... he never repented, but continued with anathema , accursed , in error, as frequently noted on the internet and other publications, and in and with his own words he is judged and convicted.
The point? "Hard numbers", as if money, number of watchers/lookers/followers, size of ministry, size of airplane, size of buildings (not one stone will be left upon another, remember those words of Jesus?) ,
don't count - the don't matter.
God's Word is Truth. Always go by God's Word. God is Faithful and True. Those deceived by men, are not following the God of Scripture, the Creator, the Savior, the One Who Gives Life. They are warned in Scripture often, and the loss of a soul is not worth all the world's fame, or treasures of this world. (whoever loves the things of the world, cannot be a friend of God - is that found in OT or NT? ) (hint: God's Word Never Changes)