Just a little history

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Why exactly? Because you are still struggling with sins He has commanded you not to commit yet has not released you from? Is that it?
Good question, although we are not called on to struggle with sins in our own strength; rather, repentance and faith in Christ, by God's grace, is the solution.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This video will help you understand

I'm hoping you have a better response than that video. I stopped at :42, since it was portraying the Christian as immature, petty, judgmental, and arrogant, and that was at less than an eight of the way through. Just talk to me instead of sending me trash like that. Are you saying Christians have mistreated you, or what?

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I'm hoping you have a better response than that video. I stopped at :42, since it was portraying the Christian as immature, petty, judgmental, and arrogant, and that was at less than an eight of the way through. Just talk to me instead of sending me trash like that. Are you saying Christians have mistreated you, or what?
Enough to realise that there's nothing they do that convinces me a spirit is convicting them.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enough to realise that there's nothing they do that convinces me a spirit is convicting them.

Ok. You're looking to the wrong source. Nothing they did convinced me, either. I reached out to God Himself, and He convinced me, beyond doubt. Why has He not convinced you?

Reactions: Acolyte

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain something to me. Everything you know about God, your faith in him is soley comprised of neural pathways in your physical brain. What are you going to remember about God and your faith in him when you die and your neural activities cease.

That which I know about God comes via the Spirit. From His Spirit to my spirit. The believer doesn't just have a physical brain, but he has a spiritual mind. That continues on after death. This is the area where the believer knows the things about God and Christ are true and so believes.

The believers will continue on in their life with God and Christ after death. The non-believers will continue on also in their life without God and Christ.

So, we both get what we want.

Stranger

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
That which I know about God comes via the Spirit. From His Spirit to my spirit. The believer doesn't just have a physical brain, but he has a spiritual mind. That continues on after death. This is the area where the believer knows the things about God and Christ are true and so believes.

The believers will continue on in their life with God and Christ after death. The non-believers will continue on also in their life without God and Christ.

So, we both get what we want.

Stranger
I doubt you possess anything anyone else doesn't posses.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FatalMoves

So, is this the depth of your knowledge concerning your doubt? Cartoons? Typical.

Stranger

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
FatalMoves

So, is this the depth of your knowledge concerning your doubt? Cartoons? Typical.

Stranger
One thing that's painfully clear on Christian forums is the chattering cyclops that is fixated on God. Humans need to be known by other humans, and connections can't be made by reducing every quality people have down to a discourse on what the Bible says.

Reactions: Vince

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing that's painfully clear on Christian forums is the chattering cyclops that is fixated on God. Humans need to be known by other humans, and connections can't be made by reducing every quality people have down to a discourse on what the Bible says.

Not that I'm trying to be argumentative, but in his defense, I was trying to get you to explain what you believe and why, and what I got was a cartoon depicting Christians as judgmental and arrogant myself. I asked you to talk to me, but I haven't gotten a response yet to Post #46.

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Not that I'm trying to be argumentative, but in his defense, I was trying to get you to explain what you believe and why, and what I got was a cartoon depicting Christians as judgmental and arrogant myself. I asked you to talk to me, but I haven't gotten a response yet to Post #46.
I thought I posted that cartoon to Stranger.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know, ask him.
I thought I posted that cartoon to Stranger.

You're playing games with me.
I suspect you're playing games with Him as well.

I'm not much for that sort of thing, but there are likely some takers here who can oblige you.
Blessings in Christ, and welcome to Christianity Board.
Hidden In Him

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You're playing games with me.
I suspect you're playing games with Him as well.

I'm not much for that sort of thing, but there are likely some takers here who can oblige you.
Blessings in Christ, and welcome to Christianity Board.
Hidden In Him
Not playing games. If you really know that God is real, then the simple answer to your question is to ask him directly. That might be confronting in a way, I know.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Of course we are fixated on God and Christ. We are His sons and daughters. He is our Father and Brother. The Bible is His written Word to us, for what we need here.

This is why Jesus Christ when enduring the temptations of satan, said, 'It is written'. (Matt. 4:4,7,10)

Another thing is painfully clear. You don't know what you're talking about when it comes to the Bible. You really don't know what you're talking about when it comes to your so called agnosticism. Thus you are always having to provide links and cartoons for your argument. You just don't want anything to do with God and so you use other likeminded peoples arguments.

We know and believe God is there and He is the God of the Bible, and His Son, Jesus Christ, is the only way to be saved. You believe we cannot know whether God is there or not. But you cannot know that. Our faith saves us. Your faith, and that is all agnosticism is, condemns you to eternal separation from God.

Stranger

Reactions: Bobby Jo

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Of course we are fixated on God and Christ. We are His sons and daughters. He is our Father and Brother. The Bible is His written Word to us, for what we need here.

This is why Jesus Christ when enduring the temptations of satan, said, 'It is written'. (Matt. 4:4,7,10)

Another thing is painfully clear. You don't know what you're talking about when it comes to the Bible. You really don't know what you're talking about when it comes to your so called agnosticism. Thus you are always having to provide links and cartoons for your argument. You just don't want anything to do with God and so you use other likeminded peoples arguments.

We know and believe God is there and He is the God of the Bible, and His Son, Jesus Christ, is the only way to be saved. You believe we cannot know whether God is there or not. But you cannot know that. Our faith saves us. Your faith, and that is all agnosticism is, condemns you to eternal separation from God.

Stranger
You miss understand my point I guess.