Just Got Married! What Indoor/Outdoor Activities To Do?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristianMaker

Dec 14, 2011
I have been really stressing over this lately. I live near Atlanta and surprisingly I am stuck with what to do as a married couple. Of course we do things. We are going to IMAX theater to watch a movie; just went to a park and visited sub shops around it; went to a new years eve party for a little while at a neighbors house.

But we still felt kind of empty. We run and bike occasionally on a trail near the house; but I find myself looking at other couples that are all decked out on the trail in top of the line gear and bikes and going fast like they are dedicated to the sport and each other.

I am looking for something that my wife and I would love to do together on a beautiful day. I was also very frustrated the other day because it was an extremely beautiful day and we had absolutely no plans.

I know Atlanta is huge; it might be to huge that I do not know where to start. I wish there was a list of awesome activities to do so we can start trying one at a time. I tried searching sites but I have yet to find anything that lists just about everything.

Well anyways I hope everyone here can pitch in some activities, books, and also maybe throw in some great sites to visit to get some great ideas!

Best,
ChristianMaker

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
Hi ChristianMaker! Here is a link I found on Google. Be sure to look at the right side of the page, there are even more ideas and activities listed in the links.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/173312-the-best-things-to-do-in-atlanta/

There are many things you two can do! Go to old historical areas, and go on the tours, that way you'll learn about historical events while staying fit at the same time! The zoo is a fun place to go as well. The neat part is, one idea often leads to another and soon you guys will have a whole list of things you can look forward to doing together.

Congratulations to you and your wife on your marriage and much love and many blessings to you both!

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
1 indoor-raqket ball outdoor-golf 2 in cooking out eating 3 in ebay out yardsales

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Bowling, treasure hunting (metal detectors or gold panning), long drives to nowhere and back just chatting along the way, but most importantly, find out what she wants to do and do it with her enthusiastically, even if it's the opera or the flower and garden show. Build up those points because we husbands only accumulate them one at a time (everything is one point be it opening the car door for them or buying them a diamond tennis bracelet, it's all one point each). But we lose points in bunches, say -5 points for rolling your eyes about her mom showing up for a weekend, -5000 for forgetting her birthday or anniversary, ect. You get the picture.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Start a Bible Study with your spouse, pray together as a family...invite friends over for a BBQ and trivia night....learn to live in peace and quiet and just with each other without having to entertain yourselves...Read a book, cook a meal together...and no you do not get points that are built up and then lose them....better still sit down with your spouse and just spend some time together...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is something all new couples struggle with. It is ok to spend time together talking or reading or just being - it takes getting used to though. It is also ok to go out and be active alone sometimes.

ChristianMaker

Dec 14, 2011
Ok everyone now I have the exact opposite problem! LOL!

By jotting down everything that I want to do I have come to the conclusion I can’t do everything. I guess I am going to have to decide what I can do and what I can’t do.

Here is just a list of some of the things I would or need to do.

Community College [Doing Now]
Church
Church Community Groups
Spend time with Wife
Family
Xbox + Electronics
Reading Kindle
Working Out
Bible College [One Class A Semester]
Start my own business
Biking
Hang out
Work Part Time Job
Bible Study
Movies

And a ton more at the moment I can’t think of

So how in the world can I do all of these things in my lifetime? From spending time with my wife to getting a degree to doing all the things people have suggested and what’s on my list? I think I need a serious lesson on time management.

Well in any case all of your replies have been amazing and I am jotting them down because they are a great ideas. I will be definitely trying a lot of them! Please keep the comments coming because I always like new ideas and I certainly need help with my time management.

Best,
ChristianMaker

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
You have a lifetime to do them all... that is a long time. You could do all those things listed in a year and then what do you have left? About 40 - 50 years left. Don't worry about what you will or won't do, all that will do is put gray hairs on your head.