Just some inspiration

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jenn4God

Nov 28, 2006
:bible: SIX BENEFITS OF PROPHECY:bible: I am always amazed by people who say we shouldn't prophecy. Some fear we will go off into fanaticism. Others think prophecy is simply "pie in the sky, by and by". Still others feel prophecy is unrelated to reality. But a fourth of the Bible is given over to prophecy! Did the Holy Spirit make a mistake? Of course not!There is an incredible, wonderful blessing in the study of prophecy. Here are six benefits of studying prophecy:1. THE STUDY OF PROPHECY WILL LEAD YOU TO PRAISE.We Praise God when we are blessed. We praise because we are commanded to praise. Blessed is he that readeth and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it: for the time is at hand. Revelation 1:32. THE STUDY OF PROPHECY WILL HELP YOU MAKE SENSE OF YOUR SUFFERING.When we know what God's prophetic Word says, we understand the liberating truth that God is not finished with us yet. The tragedies of this earth are gruesome and disastrous. They cause questions to arise in our minds and break our hearts. Still, we know that according to the words of God's prophecy, every tragedy of earth will ultimately be turned into the triumphs of heaven!For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.Romans 8:183. THE STUDY OF PROPHECY WILL LEAD YOU TO REJOICE IN GOD'S JUSTICE.Sometimes wrong seems to come out on top and right seems to get trampled underfoot. When we study prophecy, however, you understand that man's justice is not God's justice. What we can see is not ultimately the truth: things are not always as they appear: outcomes on earth are not always the final resolution. God will have the last word both here and in eternity.Therefore, judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the councels of the hearts; and then shall every man have praise of God.1 Corinthians 4:54. THE STUDY OF PROPHECY WILL PROMPT YOU TO PRAY.The study of prophecy leads to intercession. If God prophesies a thing, why pray about it? Won't it come to pass regardless? When we hear or read a prophecy we believe is anointed, we should pray for it's fulfillment. Somehow we see those events unfold as His children pray. Jesus tells us to pray for the kingdom of heaven.5. THE STUDY OF PROPHECY WILL LEAD YOU TO PURITY.When you really believe that Jesus Christ is coming, you are motivated to live a clean life. We do not know eveything there is to know about prophecy, not even all we want to know. But we know that He is still working on us and in us. And when He appears, we shall be just like Him! We should constantly study prophecy. We should never take our eyes off the ultimate truth of prophecy-the fact that Jesus Christ is coming! Beloved, now are we the children of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him as he is.And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself even as he is pure.1 John 3:2,36. THE STUDY OF PROPHECY WILL LEAD YOU TO PROCLAIM THE STORY OF JESUS.There are so many claiming to speak for Christ these days, it is important for you to know what the Word of God really says. Is it important to study prophecy? according to God's Word, it is!And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not! I am thy fellow fellow servant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God; for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.Revelation 19:10