JUSTIFICATION: Catholic Vs. Protestant, Part #1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics have perverted the word "Grace". The word "Grace" in the Bible is always about God's grace. God was gracious when he sent Jesus into the world to save us from our sins. Catholics teach that grace is something that God infuses into the life of the believer that makes him pleasing to God and is absolute B. S. This teaching is not only anti-Gospel it is anti-Christ. This teaching makes the incarnation of Christ and his Gospel worthless.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics have perverted the word "Grace". The word "Grace" in the Bible is always about God's grace. God was gracious when he sent Jesus into the world to save us from our sins. Catholics teach that grace is something that God infuses into the life of the believer that makes him pleasing to God and is absolute B. S. This teaching is not only anti-Gospel it is anti-Christ. This teaching makes the incarnation of Christ and his Gospel worthless.
Roman Catholics seem to teach that we are saved by grace through faith "infused" with works and then those works become meritorious towards receiving eternal life. That certainly is a "different" gospel.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Roman Catholics seem to teach that we are saved by grace through faith "infused" with works and then those works become meritorious towards receiving eternal life. That certainly is a "different" gospel.
That is a false Gospel or another Gospel that is under the judgment of God, Catholics are accursed, Galatians 1:8-9. Maybe that is why the road to hell is wide, Matthew 7:13-14.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a spiritual war going on between those that believe the Gospel and those that don't. Catholics do not believe the Gospel, nor do they believe that they are justified by faith alone. They want to add works to the Gospel, which perverts the Gospel and makes it of no effect. Galatians 1:6-10.
It was the Catholic Church who provided the Gospel to the WORLD.

As for Faith "Alone" - no, we don't believe in that because it is NOT taught in Scripture OR Tradition - as Protestants teach it.

Only in this sense can one preach "faith alone".

Faith = Belief + Surrender/Obedience (Works).
This is nonsense.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As for Faith "Alone" - no, we don't believe in that because it is NOT taught in Scripture OR Tradition - as Protestants teach it.

This is nonsense.
The Roman Catholic church clearly teaches salvation by faith AND WORKS.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a false Gospel or another Gospel that is under the judgment of God, Catholics are accursed, Galatians 1:8-9. Maybe that is why the road to hell is wide, Matthew 7:13-14.
Either we are trusting 100% in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation or else we are 100% lost. That is the narrow way. (John 3:15,16,18; 10:9; 14:6)

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is nonsense.
In the judgment if we are not found to be "In Christ" we will perish.

The Catholic church is anti-Gospel, which also makes them anti-Christ.

Multitudes are going to be in the "Lord, Lord, didn't we group" Matthew 7:21-23. Salvation is by faith alone, because it is by Christ alone.

Reactions: marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay Mr. Arrogant. Die in your sins. That is up to you. Good Bye.
God wont be mocked . If one soweth to the flesh they shall of the flesh reap corruption
but unto he or she who sows to the SPIRIT , everlasting life .
I just read something another one said and it literally terrified me for them .
They wrote what sin , GOD just seems me as perfect . OH , so i guess that means
that if i believe in JESUS that if i were to murder , commit adultery , fornicate , covet
that well that just aint SIN to me anymore nor to GOD . Folks are in deadly trouble if they believe that mess .
JESUS came to SET US FREE FROM SIN , NOT TO SIN . FROM SIN .
BEING then made FREE FROM SIN , ye became the servants TO RIGHTEOUSNESS .
GOD works in US that which is WELL PLEASING IN HIS SIGHT . SIN NEVER WAS OR EVER WILL BE WELL PLEASING IN HIS SIGHT
OBEDIANCE TO HIM IS , LOVE FOR TRUTH IS , LOVING HIS HOLY WORDS IS pleasing to HIM . BUT SIN ...........NEVER
and thus i will leave us with pauls own words .
LET ALL WHO NAME , who NAME THE NAME OF JESUS DEPART FROM INQUITY .
DONT EVEN LET IT ONCE BE NAMED AMONG YA as BECOMETH SAINTS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Either we are trusting 100% in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation or else we are 100% lost. That is the narrow way. (John 3:15,16,18; 10:9; 14:6)
And if we trust in JESUS , WE WOULD have TRUSTED IN HIS OWN WORDS , WARNINGS and PROMISES .
IF WE TRUST IN JESUS would we not have TRUSTED in all the warnings the apostels also gave .
SO , we really need to examine to see whether we are truly trusting IN JESUS as we think we are
OR , OR have we been trusting in another jesus created of men through their own precepts and doctrines .
YOUR RIGHT , EITHER WE TRUST IN JESUS OR WE DONT . WE MUST TRUST HE ALONE is the all sufficient means FOR OUR OF OUR
SALVATION . But if we dont even trust in HIS WORDS , then i got real bad news , WE AINT T RUSTING IN HIM .
NOW , How about we start TRUSTING IN WHAT JESUS SAID and later the apostels said .
OH be sure and believe what FOLLOWS THOSE IFS as well . I mean we need to TRUST THE TRUTH .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah , i would not follow the catholic church my friend . But since we are on that note
I wouldnt not follow most all of the SOLD OUT protestant realm either .
SO allow me to say what most now call SIN and HATE . Mormonism is not OF GOD nor are many others either .
And i dont and wont hold my head in shame to warn about it either . ITS TIME to preach ALL BIBLICAL DOCTRINE again .
ITS TIME to stop trying to UNIFY WITH EVERYTHING and rather SIMPLY UNIFY WITH THOSE WHO ARE CHRIST CENTERED .
take note when i say CHRIST CENTERED that do not include the many who LIP HIS NAME yet OMIT HIS TEACHINGS .
THEMS GET CORRECTED and FAST and if they heed not they get the biblical boot of correction TILL THEY DO REPENT OF IT .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is nonsense.
Catholics do not believe that Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5. Nor do they believe that Jesus has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19.

The reason that salvation is by faith alone, is because salvation is by Christ alone.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics do not believe that Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5. Nor do they believe that Jesus has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19.
And you're just another typical anti-Catholic LIAR.

I OPENLY-CHALLENGE you to show me those teachings from the Catechism.
And, try NOT to stick your other foot in your
mouth . . .
The reason that salvation is by faith alone, is because salvation is by Christ alone.
And the ONLY way this works is if you accept that "Faith" includes surrender and obedience - which includes works.
That's the kind of faith that the Bible teaches (Matt. 25:31-46, Eph. 2:10, Gal. 5:6, James 2:14-26.)

If you think that "Faith" is simply "believing" - then you're NO better off than the
demons (James 2:19) . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Roman Catholic church clearly teaches salvation by faith AND WORKS.
Faith includes obedience, which includes works.
THIS is what Scripture teaches (Matt. 25:31-46, Eph. 2:10, Gal. 5:6, James 2:14-26).

You CANNIT have true faith is all you do is "believe".
The Bible clearly shows us the folly of that Protestant invention . . .

James 2:19

You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the DEMONS believe—and shudder!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the judgment if we are not found to be "In Christ" we will perish.

The Catholic church is anti-Gospel, which also makes them anti-Christ.

Multitudes are going to be in the "Lord, Lord, didn't we group" Matthew 7:21-23. Salvation is by faith alone, because it is by Christ alone.
Repeating cheap anti-Catholic slogans doesn't make them "true".
It just shows your ignorance - and your willingness to bear false witness.

And speaking of salvation - LIARS will have no part in the Kingdom of Heaven
(Rev. 2:18) . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah , i would not follow the catholic church my friend . But since we are on that note
I wouldnt not follow most all of the SOLD OUT protestant realm either .
SO allow me to say what most now call SIN and HATE . Mormonism is not OF GOD nor are many others either .
And i dont and wont hold my head in shame to warn about it either . ITS TIME to preach ALL BIBLICAL DOCTRINE again .
ITS TIME to stop trying to UNIFY WITH EVERYTHING and rather SIMPLY UNIFY WITH THOSE WHO ARE CHRIST CENTERED .
take note when i say CHRIST CENTERED that do not include the many who LIP HIS NAME yet OMIT HIS TEACHINGS .
THEMS GET CORRECTED and FAST and if they heed not they get the biblical boot of correction TILL THEY DO REPENT OF IT .
The BLIND leading the blind . . .

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way it is supposed is that Jesus saves you,(JUSTIFICATION) you become a new creature in Christ(SANCTIFICATION), and will refrain from sinning. However if we do sin, we have an advocate with God our Father.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith includes obedience, which includes works.
THIS is what Scripture teaches (Matt. 25:31-46, Eph. 2:10, Gal. 5:6, James 2:14-26).

You CANNIT have true faith is all you do is "believe".
The Bible clearly shows us the folly of that Protestant invention . . .

James 2:19

You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the DEMONS believe—and shudder!
No, faith results in obedience yet faith is faith and obedience which follows and is produced out of faith is works. We are saved by grace through faith, not works. (Ephesians 2:8,9) Faith is the root of salvation and works which follow are the fruit. No fruit at all would demonstrate there is no root. (James 2:14)

All genuine believers are fruitful, yet not all are equally fruitful. (Matthew 13:23)

In James 2:19, we see that the demons believe "mental assent" that "there is one God" but they do not believe in/have faith in/trust in/reliance in Jesus Christ for salvation. In other words, they do not belive in/on the Lord Jesus Christ and are not saved. (Acts 16:31)

Their trust and reliance is in Satan (and not in Jesus) as demonstrated by their rebellion in heaven and continuous evil works. Not ALL belief is the same.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, faith results in obedience yet faith is faith and obedience which follows and is produced out of faith is works. We are saved by grace through faith, not works. (Ephesians 2:8,9) Faith is the root of salvation and works which follow are the fruit. No fruit at all would demonstrate there is no root. (James 2:14)

All genuine believers are fruitful, yet not all are equally fruitful. (Matthew 13:23)

In James 2:19, we see that the demons believe "mental assent" that "there is one God" but they do not believe in/have faith in/trust in/reliance in Jesus Christ for salvation. In other words, they do not belive in/on the Lord Jesus Christ and are not saved. (Acts 16:31)

Their trust and reliance is in Satan (and not in Jesus) as demonstrated by their rebellion in heaven and continuous evil works. Not ALL belief is the same.
Works are not a “byproduct” of faith.
They are an essential element of it.

Faith without obedience/works is just “Belief” – just like the demons (James 2:19). That’s why James calls it “DEAD” (James 2:26).

We’re not created in Christ Jesus for mere belief. We are created in Him – “…for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them” (Eph. 2:10).

Reactions: Philip James

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Works are not a “byproduct” of faith.
They are an essential element of it.
False and that error leads to saved by works/works-righteousness in contradiction to scripture. (Romans 4:5-6; 5:1-2; 11:6; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9; Titus 3:5; 2 Timothy 1:9 etc..) Works are the fruit, by product and demonstrative evidence of faith but not the very essence of faith and also not the basis or means by which we obtain salvation.

Faith without obedience/works is just “Belief” – just like the demons (James 2:19). That’s why James calls it “DEAD” (James 2:26).
This mere "mental assent" belief that the demons have in James 2:19 is not saving belief in Christ (Acts 16:31) as I already explained in post #37. In James 2:14, we read of one who says/claims (key word) he has faith but has no works (to evidence his claim). That is not genuine faith, but a bare profession of faith. So, when James asks, "Can that faith save him?" he is saying nothing against genuine faith, but only against an empty profession of faith/dead faith.

So, James does not teach that we are saved "by" works. His concern is to show the reality of the faith professed by the individual (James 2:18) and demonstrate that the faith claimed (James 2:14) by the individual is genuine. Simple! James is discussing the evidence of faith (says-claims to have faith but has no works/I will show you my faith by my works - James 2:14-18) and not the initial act of being accounted as righteous with God. (Romans 4:2-3)

In James 2:26, the comparison of the human spirit and faith converge around their modes of operation. The spirit (Greek pneuma) may also be translated "breath." As a breathless body exhibits no indication of life, so fruitless faith exhibits no indication of life. The source of the life in faith is not works; rather, life in faith is the source of works. (Ephesians 2:5-10)

We’re not created in Christ Jesus for mere belief. We are created in Him – “…for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them” (Eph. 2:10).
We are saved by grace through faith, not works (Ephesians 2:8,9) then created in Christ Jesus unto/for good works which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. We are clearly saved FOR good works and NOT BY good works.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you're just another typical anti-Catholic LIAR.

I OPENLY-CHALLENGE you to show me those teachings from the Catechism.
And, try NOT to stick your other foot in your
mouth . . .

And the ONLY way this works is if you accept that "Faith" includes surrender and obedience - which includes works.
That's the kind of faith that the Bible teaches (Matt. 25:31-46, Eph. 2:10, Gal. 5:6, James 2:14-26.)

If you think that "Faith" is simply "believing" - then you're NO better off than the
demons (James 2:19) . . .
The reason the salvation is by faith alone is that salvation is by Christ alone.

Jesus is the one that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5. Jesus is the one that reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. Jesus is the one that atones for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Jesus is the one that overcame sin, death and the Devil and now sits in heaven as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. Jesus is the one that makes us complete in himself, Colossians 2:10. Catholics are trying to do in their flesh what God has ALREADY done in Jesus Christ.

Reactions: mailmandan