Kenosis

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the kenosis a Christian goes through? First; it is nolonger you doing the doing, it is you emptying yourself of the selfishness and self gratifying of yourself. Second; your life is Christ now so instead of you you me me taking the credit for anything the realization is it is Christ now as the one doing whatever it is your doing. It will be the Lord that takes you through kenosis, but ultimately it is you that decide's what you will be in life. A self for self, or the Christ self God created you to be, that is kenosis. Osmosis is the filling of self, see what I did, my accomplishments so on, kenosis is the emptying of self, which is a God thing to go through the process of kenosis.

So it becomes Christ on the job, Christ as the parent, Christ as the husband/wife. It is Christ as the one doing the doing, he swallows up your creation and can be expressed as your creation, "Christ in you the hope of glory." That is the news everyone is looking for, everyone that seeks the Lord and is hungry for the things of God. It is the reason for all things, it is the only reason men and women live and breathe and exists in this world, the only reason for all of creation, Ephesians 1:4,

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

It is for those that love God and are called according to his purpose. Those that seek and have sought the lord for some answers to life, those that are tired of trying to put it all together and make life work. Life does not work, you see in the message of God life is a person, life is Christ and that in you. Simple way to look at the life scriptures is for instance; "out of your belly shall flows rivers of living water," simply put that is Christ as your life. When we talk about Christ as your life we are saying he is the only life you have. You do not! repeat do not! have another life, at least not in the scriptures. If you are born again the only life you have is Christ.