Kingdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did the kingdom come or is coming?
The kingdom came spiritually on the day of Pentecost long ago. That is the kingdom that Jesus said does not come with observation, which means it's not a physical kingdom you can observe with your eyes.

The kingdom is coming in the future in its fullness in an observable sense when the new heavens and new earth are ushered in. At that point we will see Jesus as He is and everything will be made known. That is the kingdom of God that scripture says we will inherit when Christ returns (1 Cor 15:50-54, Matthew 25:31-34).

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats not saying that the kingdom wasn't in the world its saying that the kingdom isn't of the world.
Exaxctly. He was saying it did not originate from this world, but rather originated from heaven. We are in His kingdom now and we're on the earth.

Colossians 1:13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Reactions: Marty fox

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Matt 13

“The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, 38 and the field is the world; and [as for] the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the weeds are the sons of the evil one; 39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil, and the harvest is the end of the age; and the reapers are angels. 40 So just as the weeds are gathered up and burned in the fire, so will it be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend [those things by which people are led into sin], and all who practice evil [leading others into sin], 42 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping [over sorrow and pain] and grinding of teeth [over distress and anger]. 43 Then the righteous [those who seek the will of God] will shine forth [radiating the new life] like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears [to hear], let him hear and heed My words.
So His Kingdom ends at the end of the Age?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So His Kingdom ends at the end of the Age?
Yes, that is when He will hand over (deliver) His kingdom to the Father.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.

The kingdom itself will never end, of course, just to be clear. It's just that He will deliver it to the Father. And I believe that will occur when He returns at the end of the age.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Christ is king and has all authority and dominion!
Christ appointed Peter, the apostles, and their successors to govern the church and administer the kingdom until He returns in glory!
Submission and obedience to them is submission and obedience to Christ!
So though there were seven churches in Asia and no church in Rome, and though there was later a church in Antioch where the headquarters of the church shifted and no headquarters in Rome, and though there was the Coptic Church in Egypt and what became the Orthodox churches in the Eastern part of the empire,

.. eventually. a couple of hundred years later, Constantine was to establish his new capital in Constantinople and hand the government of the Western Empire over to the Bishop of Rome...

whoever claims to be the successors of Peter and the apostles must be obeyed, regardless of whether or not some of their doctrines and theology contradicts that of Christ and of Peter and the other apostles.

Got it.

But not for me, thanks. Praise God that the apostles taught,

Ephesians 4:3-6
"Endeavor to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, even as you are called in one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in you all."

1 Corinthians 12:13-14
"For by one Spirit we are all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether bond or free, even all were made to drink into one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many."

Ephesians 2:18-22
"Through Him (Jesus) we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. Now therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God,

and are built upon the foundation of the apostles (plural) and prophets (plural), Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom every building having been fitly framed together, grows into a holy sanctuary in the Lord; in whom you also are built together for a dwelling place of God through the Spirit."

Whose unity? In whose Spirit? God's? Or the spirit of those who claim to be the only successors?

Last edited:
Reactions: covenantee

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The church is the only ark of salvation!
No. Jesus Christ is the only ark of salvation. That is immutable and cannot change!

So much false doctrine that those who claim to be the only successors and have the only authority produce, then mix it with truth.

Absolutely shameful.

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Ark of Salvation!

The church is founded by Christ

The body of Christ:

The one true church:
Jesus Christ. The only Ark of salvation.
The church is founded by Christ and is in Christ.
The body of Christ and the one true church:

Ephesians 4:3-6
"Endeavor to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, even as you are called in one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in you all."

1 Corinthians 12:13-14
"For by one Spirit we are all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether bond or free, even all were made to drink into one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many."

Ephesians 2:18-22
"Through Him (Jesus) we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. Now therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God,

and are built upon the foundation of the apostles (plural) and prophets (plural), Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom every building having been fitly framed together, grows into a holy sanctuary in the Lord; in whom you also are built together for a dwelling place of God through the Spirit."

No mention of any church that does not exist in the Holy Spirit. No name given except the name of Jesus. No foundations mentioned except the one that was laid by the apostles who established the doctrine when they established the churches (plural), i.e their doctrine which would be cemented in the scriptures. The Holy Bible.

There is no other authority. But there is an "instead of" (anti) authority of Christ and of His apostles, twisting the words of Christ and His apostles to attempt to establish their own so-called "authority".

Those who sow discord wherever they go. Telling you to follow them and not Christ and His apostles and the doctrine of Christ and His apostles laid down in the scriptures. Telling you that "all other churches are wrong" and "we are the only true church, the only church that's right. The only church holding the truth. No salvation outside our church", while they twist the Word of God (the marks of a cult).

You'd think the names of "the successors of the apostles" are in the 12 foundations of new Jerusalem! (Revelation 21).

It's not the names of any "successors". It's the names of the apostles in the 12 foundations of New Jerusalem.

.. and there are twelve foundations. Not "one foundation". And Jesus Christ is the cornerstone.

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humm but Jesus said in Matthew 11:12 that it was?

No, he said no such thing there nor does Jesus contradict himself. He said his kingdom is not here and we have to accept that as true.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, he said no such thing there nor does Jesus contradict himself. He said his kingdom is not here and we have to accept that as true.

Where does He say it’s not here?

Matthew 12:11
2 From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it

Yes He did.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Where does He say it’s not here?

Matthew 12:11
2 From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it

Yes He did.
copy @ewq1938
Hebrews 2
7 You have made him a little lower than the angels. You crowned him with glory and honor and set him over the works of Your hands.
8 You have subjected all things under his feet. For in order that He put all things under him, He did not leave anything not subjected. But now (Greek nyn: of this present time) we do not see all things having been put under him.
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor, that He by the grace of God should taste death for every son.

We do not yet see all things having been put under Him, though they have been put under Him.

John 18
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would fight so that I might not be delivered to the Jews. But now (Greek nyn: of this present time) My kingdom is not from here.

Revelation 11
15 And the seventh angel sounded. And there were great voices in Heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ. And He will reign forever and ever.

Matthew 26
28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
29 But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on, until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom.

Acts 13
19 Therefore repent and convert so that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
20 And He shall send Jesus Christ, who before was proclaimed to you,
21 whom Heaven truly needs to receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of His holy prophets since the world began.

Matthew 25
31 But when the Son of man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He shall sit on the throne of His glory.
32 And all nations shall be gathered before Him. And He shall separate them from one another, as a shepherd divides the sheep from the goats.
33 And indeed He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats off the left.
34 Then the King shall say to those on His right hand, Come, blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35 For I was hungry, and you gave me food; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you took Me in;
36 I was naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.
37 Then the righteous shall answer Him, saying, Lord, when did we see You hungry, and fed You? Or thirsty, and gave You drink?
38 When did we see You a stranger, and took You in? Or naked, and clothed You?
39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and came to You?
40 And the King shall answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brothers, you have done it to Me.

1 John 3
17 But whoever has this world's goods and sees his brother having need, and shuts up his bowels from him, how does the love of God dwell in him?
18 My children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.

James 2
14 My brothers, what profit is it if a man says he has faith and does not have works? Can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food,
16 and if one of you says to them, Go in peace, be warmed and filled, but you do not give them those things which are needful to the body, what good is it?
17 Even so, if it does not have works, faith is dead, being by itself.
18 But someone will say, You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
19 You believe that there is one God, you do well; even the demons believe and tremble.
20 But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Matthew 25:35-36, 40: For I was hungry, and you gave me food; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you took Me in;
36 I was naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brothers, you have done it to Me.

Matthew 7
21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works?
23 And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness!

The Kingdom of Christ has come. The Kingdom of Christ is present. The Kingdom of Christ is coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: ewq1938

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said it is not FROM here. It is FROM heaven and came here spiritually. Do you not believe He dwells in us? Do you not believe that we are in His kingdom now even though scripture says we are?

Colossians 1:13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

Is Jesus your King right now? If so, how can He be your King without you being in His kingdom? He's a King without a kingdom? Of course not. That's nonsense.

Reactions: covenantee

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Christ established the sacraments as the primary means of grace!

Sacramental life: Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. Jn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Christ founded the church for the salvation of souls!
Teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation!
Matt 28:19

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Truth is immutable! Cannot change!

Truth and the church are divine!
They come from God and cannot be in error or imperfect so they cannot change or be reformed by man to say they can is blasphemy and treason against God who revealed them!

And same truths revealed by Christ and taught by the church are always believed and taught from the beginning when Christ taught his church in person! Jude 1:3 the faith once delivered to the saints or the deposit of faith eph 4:5 one faith!

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

2 Thessalonians 1:8
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:31 Jn 15:1-5)

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

This Apostolic Church never turned from the way of truth nor held any kind of error. It is imperative that nothing of the truths which have been defined be lessened, nothing altered, nothing added, but that they be preserved intact in word and meaning. This is the true rule of faith. Pope Agatho

God does not reveal His truth in a vacuum!

God does not set His true adrift on a sea of spiritual anarchy!

God sets His truth in His church, in the possession of His apostles to safeguard, to ensure it is not added to, or taken away from, or changed in any way!

And to teach the same truth to all nations and all ages!

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles!
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

The pillar and foundation of TRUTH!
1 Tim 3:15

The TWO EDGE SWORD!
To proclaim the truth! Matt 28:19
To condemn error! 1 cor 16:22

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42
1 Tim 3:15

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Jesus is the truth!

Jn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

To know the truth it is required to know Jesus Christ!

The truth is not some thing but somebody! Jesus Christ!

The church was a the extension of this truth! 1 Tim 3:15
Must hear Christ thru his church! Matt 18:17

The church is the only ark of salvation!
All of this will not even matter at the Second Coming. Adam's sinful flesh will no longer exist. That is the only reason you mention all of the above. Your whole system is based on Adam's sin nature.