Kings & Queens, Who Are They And Do We Need Them ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

musicworld

Apr 1, 2009
Canary Islands Tenerife
Hi

For some time now I've been confused about a certain question regarding Kings & Queens royalty and monarchism of which there are many still present today maintaining power as heads of state residing in palaces enshrined in gold with chests full of crown jewels who are highly respected as nobles, WHY!. My question is who and what actually are they and do we need them? I understand we need governments to govern countries to keep a society in order but do we really need royalty and what does the word mean anyway? Because I think if any one individual traces back the ancestral line of a monarch they will simply find that these people where conqueres who basically went out and fought other men to gain domination over land cattle and property and who were forever in the battle field bleeding the ground red after trying to win victory over other men. So I focus this question to the bible because I know GOD mentions about Kings & Queens in scripture but I’m not exactly sure how he means to interpret them, for if Kings & Queens have been appointed by GODs own selection then I’m at ease to know that this is his will? but if not I would simply assume Kings & Queens as royalty to be evil?

Could anyone please comment on this.

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
Hi

For some time now I've been confused about a certain question regarding Kings & Queens royalty and monarchism of which there are many still present today maintaining power as heads of state residing in palaces enshrined in gold with chests full of crown jewels who are highly respected as nobles, WHY!. My question is who and what actually are they and do we need them? I understand we need governments to govern countries to keep a society in order but do we really need royalty and what does the word mean anyway? Because I think if any one individual traces back the ancestral line of a monarch they will simply find that these people where conqueres who basically went out and fought other men to gain domination over land cattle and property and who were forever in the battle field bleeding the ground red after trying to win victory over other men. So I focus this question to the bible because I know GOD mentions about Kings & Queens in scripture but I’m not exactly sure how he means to interpret them, for if Kings & Queens have been appointed by GODs own selection then I’m at ease to know that this is his will? but if not I would simply assume Kings & Queens as royalty to be evil?

Could anyone please comment on this.

Even though God allows something and tells us not to interfear with it. Does not mean that it is Good.

God allows me to exist in this world and i am a sinner, that does not mean that God approves of my sin.

It does not matter what form of government rules over me in this world. Democratic, communist, monarchy, dictarorship or military junta. God has allowed them power on earth for a time and calls on us to submit to governement up to the point of going against His will for us.

So presedents, senators, kings, generals and warlords can all be corrupt and do evil if they wish but in the end Jesus will establish His Kingdom on earth and they will lose all they have gained through their evil.

Revelation 6
15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
don't confuse the royalty tody with the royalty in the Bible or say in the Middle Ages because although there are still some with constitutional power, most modern monarchs are figureheads. i'm glad that we (Britain) still has a monarchy and I'm proud we have Parliamentary democracy. It would be a sad affair if the United Kingdom became the United Republic(s) because I think we'd loose something very special.

Jonathan

Aug 3, 2010
North Carolina
a good answer for you, you can read in Thomas Paine's Common Sense. there is only one king to bow down to and he is the king of kings and lord of lords, our Lord Jesus Christ our God. all kings and monarchs believe their placement is of God and are to be worshiped as a god. (please don't take this as me judging the kings or queens as persons only their title)

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
The Roman Emperors, thwe Chines Emperors and the Egyptian Pharoes all believed themselves to be God's in human form

European monarchy is historically quite different though.

Kings were seena s being divinly appointed htough really it was down to either preimageniture or election (yes many kings have been elected but not int eh way Presidents are today; it was how kings were appointed in Germany, Bohemia, Poland and Hungary), in many cases like in Anglo-Saxon England and Scotland it wa a bit of both. The Church put about the idea of them being divinely appointed but I would like to make it crystal clear that they were never worshipped and never expected to be. Followed, revered, perhaps even venerated in some cases but never worshipped because we are talking here about Christian monarchies in this case. Medieval Kings had a Sacredotal or Priestly role and the annointing at their Coronation has often been likened to Priestly Ordination.

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Adstar, nice answer.

Ive recently thought that kings queens nobles rulers etc are embracing power from the ruler of the material world, and that is the devil, right?

If they were considering all of their actions as being subject to God s judgement, it is unlikely that we would have such a tormented world.

What do you guys think?

Mike

The Roman Emperors, thwe Chines Emperors and the Egyptian Pharoes all believed themselves to be God's in human form

European monarchy is historically quite different though.

Kings were seena s being divinly appointed htough really it was down to either preimageniture or election (yes many kings have been elected but not int eh way Presidents are today; it was how kings were appointed in Germany, Bohemia, Poland and Hungary), in many cases like in Anglo-Saxon England and Scotland it wa a bit of both. The Church put about the idea of them being divinely appointed but I would like to make it crystal clear that they were never worshipped and never expected to be. Followed, revered, perhaps even venerated in some cases but never worshipped because we are talking here about Christian monarchies in this case. Medieval Kings had a Sacredotal or Priestly role and the annointing at their Coronation has often been likened to Priestly Ordination.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Pagan rules could hold their authority from the devil and Christian ones from God.

Also, with most peopel here being Americans you might not have the same understanding as people who actually live in a monarchy. Culturally you are aversed to it as thye idea of monarchy to you compromises freedom and democracy. Is this so? Is this a fair comment to make?

I'm British and I love our monarchy and I hope it carries on for a long time yet. Our monarchy is Constitutional which means the reigning monarch's powers are restricted by the sovereign. Since 1689 Parliament has been sovereign, not the monarchy, though even today many people think the Queen is the sovereign but she isn't. The monarch is the figurehead of the state and is in no way above the law. The monarch has not been above the law sine Magna Carta. All the power is in parliament which ahs two chambers; the house of Lords and the Hosue of Commons and the prime Minister and his cabinet which also have a lot of power can from either of these chambers. When a new King or Queen ascends the trone Parliament ahs to ratify it. This has been the case for a long time. When Queen mary I married Phillip II of Spain, In away the Queen of England is not much differnt to the rest of us as she is a subject of the Sovereign, which is aprliament like us.

Most of the monarchies in Europe today work like this, though in some countries such as Denmark and Sweden the King has a some power in law making.

i think Morrocco is still an absolute monarchy and Jordon is not far off, but these are not Christian monarchies.