KJV The Pure Word of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe that a HUMAN TRANSLATION of the Bible is Inspired by the Holy Spirit???

I explained it to your several times now....

You are so unlearned on this topic... yet here you are..... claiming I'm a heretic over it.

The MT is a emended, revised and reconstructed text. There are no Hebrew originals. The Torah was originally written in a dialect that is no longer available to anyone on this earth. Every single extent witness is a translation of some sort. Even those who "CLAIM" to be true to the originals like the lying MT reconstructionists.

So... when you criticize my position, you are self defeating....

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I explained it to your several times now....

You are so unlearned on this topic... yet here you are..... claiming I'm a heretic over it.

The MT is a emended, revised and reconstructed text. There are no Hebrew originals. The Torah was originally written in a dialect that is no longer available to anyone on this earth. Every single extent witness is a translation of some sort. Even those who "CLAIM" to be true to the originals like the lying MT reconstructionists.

So... when you criticize my position, you are self defeating....

Jerome rightly said that the LXX in the 4th century was very corrupt which is why he went back to the Hebrew

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jerome rightly said that the LXX in the 4th century was very corrupt which is why he went back to the Hebrew

Provide the quote...... You can't. You're reading some nonsense somewhere on google.....

Jerome found a single instance wherein he believed the Hebrew texts he had access to were superior to the LXX. He was wrong. Augustine basically begged Jerome to not do what he did.

Jerome didn't have access to Hebrew texts from the entire OT. He ended up using the LXX and OLD Latin texts anyway. The Vulgate wasn't exclusively from Hebrew.

Like I said. You don't know this subject.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Provide the quote...... You can't. You're reading some nonsense somewhere on google.....

Jerome found a single instance wherein he believed the Hebrew texts he had access to were superior to the LXX. He was wrong. Augustine basically begged Jerome to not do what he did.

Jerome didn't have access to Hebrew texts from the entire OT. He ended up using the LXX and OLD Latin texts anyway. The Vulgate wasn't exclusively from Hebrew.

Like I said. You don't know this subject.

JEROME'S TURN TO THE HEBRAICA VERITAS AND HIS REJECTION OF THE TRADITIONAL VIEW OF THE SEPTUAGINT on JSTOR

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a question for the KJVO crowd. If the KJV is the "pure word of God" what was the pure word of God before the KJV? Please give us a timeline from 50AD to 1611AD what the pure word of God was in detail with support.

Thanks.
With God, that is, in His realm rather than in the world that He created for a time and purpose...there is no timeline. As such, the word of God is only variable by His application to the times, not by men's doings, but according to His providence.

The KJV then, is just a spoke in the wheel of what God has determined should go forth. Meaning, that in spite of whether or not it holds certain errors by men--it was perfect according to God. His strength is made perfect in weakness. So, does that mean that for the remainder of days, it should be considered perfect? Not at all. But the risk from there (or from any point in history), is that we veer off into the weeds of strong delusion. Which, is not only a possibility, but is a fact that was foretold to be.

The great misunderstanding here--and that error of strong delusion, is that when God began to change from His word being written on tablets, to being written on hearts--most have not--most have not likewise made the change. Which is to say--to even have this discussion...we most certainly are out in the weeds.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With God, that is, in His realm rather than in the world that He created for a time and purpose...there is no timeline. As such, the word of God is only variable by His application to the times, not by men's doings, but according to His providence.

The KJV then, is just a spoke in the wheel of what God has determined should go forth--meaning, that in spite of whether or not it holds certain errors by men--it was perfect according to God. His strength is made perfect in weakness. So, does that mean that for the remainder of days, it should be considered perfect? Not at all. But the risk from there (or from any point in history), is that we veer off into the weeds of strong delusion. Which, is not only a possibility, but is a fact that was foretold to be.

The great misunderstanding here--and that error of strong delusion, is that when God began to change from His word being written on tablets, to being written on hearts--most have not--most have not likewise made the change. Which is to say--to even have this discussion...we most certainly are out in the weeds.

So your "heart copy" is perfect?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He denies the Trinity. He is "oneness".

Both of you are made for each others.....

Again. At least he knows the difference when it comes to what you claim. He loves his lies too.
I don't know why you oppose the KJV, Acts 2:38 and the name of Jesus and take swipes at everyone else.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah. Get a 1828 webster dictionary and "Win the world".....

You would rather believe a lie than to force man to deal with their own sinfulness.

You refuse to deal with your own sin and yet you expect to win others...... Yeah. KJOism at its "finest"....
I have won hundreds with the KJV.

Do you win hundreds with the NOJV?

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah. That is at the top of the returns for a google search. I've read his junk before.

He is one of those silly people that believe the LXX was a fabrication.

Jerome used the LXX for the Vulgate. Do you deny this? Why would Jerome us the LXX if he believed the LXX was corrupt?

Use your brain man....

do you know WHY Jerome studied Hebrew. When you find the answer, you might see that you are WRONG!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So when Jesus preached the Bible He was lying? So when Paul and others preached the Bible, they were also lying? Shame on you!!!
What are you talking about?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny that for all the hooping and hollering over the supposed “errors” in the KJV that an accurate rendering in the KJV gets criticized:

“Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he had appointed, speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen. Which also our fathers that came after brought in with Jesus into the possession of the Gentiles, whom God drave out before the face of our fathers, unto the days of David;” (Acts 7:44-45)

Jesus” in this verse in the revered original language is Ἰησοῦς which is JESUS!

Sure.
Do you win sinners telling them that our Bible is laced with errors?

If you say "sure", you are a great salesman.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you know WHY Jerome studied Hebrew. When you find the answer, you might see that you are WRONG!

Jerome studied many languages. He had to because of his position in the Catholic church. It was why he was.... where he was at.

At every turn, you move when I give you the real answer. You can't defend a single thing you've claimed. Nada.