Knowing "Truth"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea why they took him back. But it is obvious they did ….. because he died in a Catholic hospital where they fully accepted him for treatment. Perhaps they wanted to have it known "one of theirs" was world famous..... or maybe he paid them enough money that they could look the other way?

What difference does it make how "orthodox" he was, or if he "practiced" like he was required to? The Church Officials were the ones who reinstated him, and recognized him as being Catholic.

As far as a "partial quote" goes, I quoted only what I was addressing. The other silliness of the CC being God's church was not, and will not be, addressed. The CC, just like every other organization with a name men gave it, is not God's church on earth. It is just a religious organization run by a board of directors in Italy.
That is your evidence that he was a practicing Catholic.....He died in a Catholic Hospital? A lot of NON Catholics were admitted to and died in that hospital. We’re they Catholic also?

What difference does I make? You called him Catholic....He was not Catholic. I guess the only difference it makes is if you want to be accurate in YOUR portrail of him....Apparantly you don’t.

you have no evidence he was a practicing Catholic upon his death soooo please don’t call him Catholic or start calling Martin Luther Catholic also or the other members of this forum that USED to be Catholic. I’m sure that will go over well....

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as a "partial quote" goes, I quoted only what I was addressing. The other silliness of the CC being God's church was not, and will not be, addressed. The CC, just like every other organization with a name men gave it, is not God's church on earth. It is just a religious organization run by a board of directors in Italy.
Thank you.

Does God have a Church here on earth? I think he does and Scripture seems to make it clear that He does (Matthew 16:18, 1 Timothy 3:15, Matthew 18:17) and it is heirachal since it establishes elders and church leaders. After all it can’t be INVISIBLE therfor it must be VISIBLE.

If none of the religious organizations with a name men gave it are Gods Church, then how do we identify Gods visible Church? Is it the one you belong to?

Bible study Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally true.

I have never been on any Christian website and found all those people missing...
I would say there are very few they say - " This is how I see it.."
Or, "this is what I believe until or unless God shows me something clearer.." And many such other phrases.
No, they are quick to say - " This is what the bible says, so it is truth and I am right."

The arrogance often gets to me...we can all say - " This is what the bible says..."....which is true...it is that interpretation of said bible, where the differences lay. The bible just IS. Man is not...
That is where faith comes in..we ask God in faith to show us Himself ...and hold what we believe that He has taught us, lightly , so that we always remain teachable.
hi BG,

Scripture makes it clear that we are to stand firm and hold fast to the teachings passed on to us whether by word of mouth or by letter. And the things we have heard Paul say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others (Apostolic succession of teaching). Scripture also makes it clear we are to speak of one mind with one doctrine.

Scripture doesn’t say to hold what WE BELIEVE that He taught us. It says to hold fast to what HAS been taught by reliable people. Are you saying you don’t know of any reliable teachers? The Apostles teachings ended at some point in history?

Mary

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

Does God have a Church here on earth? I think he does and Scripture seems to make it clear that He does (Matthew 16:18, 1 Timothy 3:15, Matthew 18:17) and it is heirachal since it establishes elders and church leaders. After all it can’t be INVISIBLE therfor it must be VISIBLE.

If none of the religious organizations with a name men gave it are Gods Church, then how do we identify Gods visible Church? Is it the one you belong to?

Bible study Mary
You still don't seem to be able to understand that most of us worship our Lord, not the Italian Organization

Reactions: Helen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still don't seem to be able to understand that most of us worship our Lord, not the Italian Organization
Willie,

The “Italian Organization” is heiracal.....JUST LIKE YOUR CHURCH and Catholics worship the Lord JUST LIKE YOUR CHURCH sooooo please stop with that silly game.

Does God have a Church here on earth? Seems like a pretty simple question. Or are you going to dodge it again?

Patient Mary

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willie,

The “Italian Organization” is heiracal.....JUST LIKE YOUR CHURCH and Catholics worship the Lord JUST LIKE YOUR CHURCH sooooo please stop with that silly game.

Does God have a Church here on earth? Seems like a pretty simple question. Or are you going to dodge it again?

Patient Mary
I have already answered that.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Martin Luther was never accepted back into the CC. KG was.
Martin Luther was not a practicing Catholic upon his death. Would you ever calll him catholic when you write about him today?

KG was not a practicing Catholic which is WHAT THIS DISCUSSION IS ABOUT. It is not about if he was accepted back into the church......sooooo stop playing games. PLEASE

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hi Bbyrd,

Can you quote the passage where Jesus said that his Church was not a worldly organization?

Bible study Mary
yes Mary, but i'm not going to as all that would do is promote our divisions, as you would interpret the passage differently, as is your right imo. Roman Centurion's daughters can be saved too I guess

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Martin Luther was not a practicing Catholic upon his death. Would you ever calll him catholic when you write about him today?

KG was not a practicing Catholic which is WHAT THIS DISCUSSION IS ABOUT. It is not about if he was accepted back into the church......sooooo stop playing games. PLEASE
Are there any Catholics who "practice" more or better than you do? Of course there are. Does that make you "not a Catholic?"

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes Mary, but i'm not going to as all that would do is promote our divisions, as you would interpret the passage differently, as is your right imo. Roman Centurion's daughters can be saved too I guess
LOL....Yes you can but your not going to o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O You are tooooooo funny!!!

You can’t......no one can......because IT’S NOT IN SCRIPTURE.

Thank you for your time....Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
After all it can’t be INVISIBLE therfor it must be VISIBLE.

Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

the people, us . we are His church, mens religions are just that, MENS.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there any Catholics who "practice" more or better than you do? Of course there are. Does that make you "not a Catholic?"
Please stop playing games....It lessons my respect for you.

You FAILED to give your evidence that he was a practicing Catholic. He was a religious person at best.....not adhering strictly to the Christian faith.

Besides that....I can’t find any record of him being accepted back into the CC Church. Can you please provide your source? I love to learn.....

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

the people, us . we are His church, mens religions are just that, MENS.
Right....and which ONE of the BILLIONS of Christians on this earth fulfill 1 Timothy 3:15 or Matthew 18:17??? The Apostle Peter????(Matthew 16:18)

You follow your men I follow mine.....How are we different?

Patient Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Right....and which ONE of the BILLIONS of Christians on this earth fulfill 1 Timothy 3:15 or Matthew 18:17??? The Apostle Peter????(Matthew 16:18)

You follow your men I follow mine.....How are we different?

Patient Mary
Ye Mary you do this bit

Mat 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

but see we in Christ do not belong to religions or men we belong to Christ this bit

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

and as it says at teh beginning

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

and again

Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

so yes you follow men and your religions doctrines we follow only Christ

this bit

Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Thank God HE is patient with stubborn man who constantly refuse Him

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 1952, my own grandfather was refused emergency admittance to our local Catholic hospital because he wasn't Catholic. He had to be put back in the ambulance for a ten minute trip to another hospital where he died.
This article (in 1931, 21 years earlier) is more than enough proof that Kahlil Gibran was Catholic, since they accepted him into their hospital.
The confused and (IMO) kind of sick Catholic church won't even let another Christian partake of communion, let alone them admitting a famously excommunicated person like Gibran into one of their hospitals.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...WP2FkKHXbLDnYQ1QIoAnoECAMQAw&biw=1120&bih=564

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In 1952, my own grandfather was refused emergency admittance to our local Catholic hospital because he wasn't Catholic. He had to be put back in the ambulance for a ten minute trip to another hospital where he died.
This article (in 1931, 21 years earlier) is more than enough proof that Kahlil Gibran was Catholic, since they accepted him into their hospital.
The confused and (IMO) kind of sick Catholic church won't even let another Christian partake of communion, let alone them admitting a famously excommunicated person like Gibran into one of their hospitals.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...WP2FkKHXbLDnYQ1QIoAnoECAMQAw&biw=1120&bih=564

Interesting read...
I read the wikipedia one..interesting..but a sad ending :(