Knowing Truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. - John 8:32.

You can take the scriptures and form any kind of opinion, but you cannot do that with the word. The word is a person, can you see something there. Can you see the difference? That is separating the word from scripture. That is not the only way to righly divide but it is a major part of righly dividing the word of truth. So the good news is; no matter my conclusion of scripture the word remains the same. That is good news because of all of the different ideas people put together in scripture. You know who that protects from? Any one from getting caught up in heresy. Heresy is just an individual that keeps proclaiming unorthodox beliefs about christianity particularly.

So when a particular doctrine becomes a thing and not a person then we can see in scripture it is false. All the biggies use scripture, everyone just about uses scripture to further there agenda. It may sound good for a season but if the foundation is not laid (person of Christ) by the scriptures then what you have will be a weak stance or what you have is sinking sand.

So if an individual wants truth they have to stay with the word (Christ). What does that mean? Not building doctrines and ideas outside of Christ. So if you want truth it is written and by that you can see Christ. Very simple really but somehow my mind would rather fight for some doctrine then see Christ. The notion of me having to be right all the time will surface. Happy trails!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how does that releave a believer from standing against other beliefs. The word takes care of itself. Now there is a time for defending truth and what not but the scriptures are very clear in "whom they declare."

Reactions: Nancy