Knowledge of God and Creation in Ancient China?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Lo, these shall come from far; and, lo, these from the north and from the west; and these from the land of Sinim". (Isa 49:12 ASV)

Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew-English Lexicon (H5515)
"BDB Definition:
Sinim = “thorns”
1) a people living at the extremity of the known world; may be identified with the inhabitants of southern China"

Keil & Delitzch Commentary
"Arias Montanus was among the first to suggest that the Sinim are the Sinese (Chinese); and since the question has been so thoroughly discussed by Gesenius (in his Commentary and Thesaursu), most of the commentators, and also such Orientalists as Langles (in his Recherches asiatiques), Movers (in his Phoenicians), Lassen (in his Indische Alterthumskunde, i. 856-7), have decided in favour of this opinion."
(The K&D has a longer article, this is just a section of it.)

There is an interesting online article about ancient Chinese characters and the Genesis account -

I had the opportunity to ask a Chinese about these Chinese characters and he says the translation of the words are true or accurate.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Lo, these shall come from far; and, lo, these from the north and from the west; and these from the land of Sinim". (Isa 49:12 ASV)

Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew-English Lexicon (H5515)
"BDB Definition:
Sinim = “thorns”
1) a people living at the extremity of the known world; may be identified with the inhabitants of southern China"

Keil & Delitzch Commentary
"Arias Montanus was among the first to suggest that the Sinim are the Sinese (Chinese); and since the question has been so thoroughly discussed by Gesenius (in his Commentary and Thesaursu), most of the commentators, and also such Orientalists as Langles (in his Recherches asiatiques), Movers (in his Phoenicians), Lassen (in his Indische Alterthumskunde, i. 856-7), have decided in favour of this opinion."
(The K&D has a longer article, this is just a section of it.)

There is an interesting online article about ancient Chinese characters and the Genesis account -

I had the opportunity to ask a Chinese about these Chinese characters and he says the translation of the words are true or accurate.
i believe that God communicated to many peoples before and after the flood.

Romans 2:12-16
For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; or when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Reactions: MatthewG