"Korean Artist visits Hell"??! Fear mongerer alert!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Hi, I stumbled across the worst, The WORST "Christian" Video ever on youtube. some girl Drew pictures of Hell and what happens there? What?!! Im not even going to post the pictures because they are utterly disturbing and Downlifting, They are uninspiring and depressing and I am angry that anyone would believe that....Smokers go to hell?! Uhhhhh what.

If you drink beer without even getting drunk you still go to hell? Now that is straight up obsurd and fear mongering! I can't believe it. She claims she has been there and I saw there was some type of museum and there were little kids looking at the pictures of it!!!! Way to ruin children's peace and childhood! Why would someone paint pictures of something? To Encourage us not to live our lives? WOW. I am extremely angry when I see these things...Epic fail!

I always thought Christianity was about Jesus and God's Grace and goodness, But now everyone gotta tell their story about "Hell"......Dont get me wrong That place is real, But There is no need to do that and inject fear into everyone who is trying to be inspired....What a hoax man... If you ever see something titled "Korean artist visits hell" Please dont watch it, It will make you regret ever clicking on the link.......

I believe there is a hell, and that some people had NDEs and visited there, But not this one, No no no too extreme and overboard

Peace

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
I do recall a Korean who drew pictures of hell recently. They were inline with the Catholic view of hell.

If it is the same, perhaps you need to look at more pictures? I could believe some of them. Definitely not children being in hell though :rolleyes:.

I believe there is a hell, and that some people had NDEs and visited there, But not this one, No no no too extreme and overboard
I don't believe anyone who claims to have had an NDE and gone to hell. It is all for money making. The more shocking the pics and stories, the more the sales.

I believe what the bible says. I recall our one elder saying that scripture says (not sure where!) that the fallen angels delight themselves in the power they have over the dead who have not made it too paradise. I imagine them being tortured.

I don't see God creating sadistic means of torture for those that will suffer His punishment in hell. Think about it. Why would God have the sadistic mind and put effort into developing torture machines / different torture venues? Perhaps the bible doesn't go into detail on hell because there is nothing more to add to what Jesus already said? Gnashing teeth, fire and maggots.

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
Inmate said:
Hi, I stumbled across the worst, The WORST "Christian" Video ever on youtube. some girl Drew pictures of Hell and what happens there? What?!! Im not even going to post the pictures because they are utterly disturbing and Downlifting, They are uninspiring and depressing and I am angry that anyone would believe that....Smokers go to hell?! Uhhhhh what.

If you drink beer without even getting drunk you still go to hell? Now that is straight up obsurd and fear mongering! I can't believe it. She claims she has been there and I saw there was some type of museum and there were little kids looking at the pictures of it!!!! Way to ruin children's peace and childhood! Why would someone paint pictures of something? To Encourage us not to live our lives? WOW. I am extremely angry when I see these things...Epic fail!

I always thought Christianity was about Jesus and God's Grace and goodness, But now everyone gotta tell their story about "Hell"......Dont get me wrong That place is real, But There is no need to do that and inject fear into everyone who is trying to be inspired....What a hoax man... If you ever see something titled "Korean artist visits hell" Please dont watch it, It will make you regret ever clicking on the link.......

Peace
Where does it say that we are allowed to drink? Or even smoke for that matter?

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Raeneske said:
Where does it say We cant in the first place? Firstly, The bible says we cannot be drunken. Beer wont make my mind any different, Nor my actions or faith....The same goes with smoking so that is retarted.

Pull the same old "Body is temple of God" on me, But That doesnt automaticly mean no smoking or drinking. Assumptions.....

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
Inmate said:
Where does it say We cant in the first place? Firstly, The bible says we cannot be drunken. Beer wont make my mind any different, Nor my actions or faith....The same goes with smoking so that is retarted.

Pull the same old "Body is temple of God" on me, But That doesnt automaticly mean no smoking or drinking. Assumptions.....
That does mean no smoking no drinking actually. It was told, if we destroy the temple of God, God will destroy us. How can anyone stand there with a cigarette and honestly profess that they are not destroying their body? Or rather, what about drinking, woe to the neighbour who puts a drink to their lips? It's so intoxicating.

But let's use the verse sometimes used to say we can drink, and then look at another place with the same language:

Ephesians 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Does this say, we can drink? Consider this:

1 Peter 4:4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:

Does this mean a Christian can act with riotess behaviour, just not in excess? Of course not, that would be silly to assume. It's the same with drinking. What saith the scriptures?

Proverbs 20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

This is very blunt and plain. So, let's think about the verses that say, "It's good to drink wine".

1 Timothy 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

Is he honestly saying, "Drink a little alcohol for your stomach's sake"? Of course not! Alcohol is a poison and it poisons the belly and the blood. So what is he actually saying here?

Isaiah 65:8 Thus saith the Lord, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants' sakes, that I may not destroy them all.

He's talking about new wine, grape juice. Grape juice is good for the stomach, and it is found within the cluster. It is also referred to as "new wine", hence why Christ said:

Matthew 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

New wine, is called grape juice. Sometimes they just say "wine" and it's up to the reader to discern whether they are referring to grape juice, or alcohol. For example, when Daniel would not defile himself with the kings wine.

Daniel 1:8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with theportion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.

And that my friend is not true. Alcohol will make your actions, and your faith different. It clouds the mind, and judgement is gone. The Bible testifies to that fact.

Proverbs 23:29-35 Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes? They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine. Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder. hine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things. Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast. They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.

Hope this helps understand regarding smoking and alcohol!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Raeneske said:
The bible does allow alcoholic drink. It's in the OT, one of the places is the part about bringing the tithe to Jerusalem. As a matter of fact, I'm drinking a rum and coke myself right now. :lol:

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
tim_from_pa said:
The bible does allow alcoholic drink. It's in the OT, one of the places is the part about bringing the tithe to Jerusalem. As a matter of fact, I'm drinking a rum and coke myself right now. :lol:
View my post please.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Say I decide to have a can of coors light. You know for a drink, But not get drunk from it. I honestly dont believe God will send me to hell and the reason being me Drinking some beer. GOD JUDGES THE HEART

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
Inmate said:
Say I decide to have a can of coors light. You know for a drink, But not get drunk from it. I honestly dont believe God will send me to hell and the reason being me Drinking some beer. GOD JUDGES THE HEART
God does judge the heart. And He knows when the heart is unwilling to release it's clutches on something. I don't know that, only God does.

You cannot even have a drink, if you are going to be obediant to God, sir. It is defilement.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Raeneske said:
View my post please.
You're wrong. Your verses are warning against excess and drunkenness. Likewise the bible warns against gluttony but that does not mean all food is forbidden. You never heard of Passover? And wine is declared Kosher. Jesus drank wine and that is why they accused him of being a winebibber. Again, the OT dietary laws allow for wine. If you really want to go by dietary laws, then I hope you stay away from pork, shellfish and other meats deemed unclean. Yet, if many Christians eat that, and say there is no law against that, then how can anyone declare alcohol be considered off limits if it was allowed?

Inmate said:

Peace
Not to sidetrack this thread with silly talk about alcohol, I wanted to answer the OP. I did a search on youtube and found what you are talking about.

Truly the archetypical pagan concept of hell spread in the churches today.

You have my permission to use this as a good Halloween scare tactic and joke, but don't even associate such nonsense with true Christianity. :rolleyes: :lol:

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Jesus himself said Nothing that enters a man can defile him. He said something about it being released from the body or something Forgive me I think its in matthew.

Can we "Pee" Beer out of our systems? Sure. Just dont get drunk

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
tim_from_pa said:
You're wrong. Your verses are warning against excess and drunkenness. Likewise the bible warns against gluttony but that does not mean all food is forbidden. You never heard of Passover? And wine is declared Kosher. Jesus drank wine and that is why they accused him of being a winebibber. Again, the OT dietary laws allow for wine. If you really want to go by dietary laws, then I hope you stay away from pork, shellfish and other meats deemed unclean. Yet, if many Christians eat that, and say there is no law against that, then how can anyone declare alcohol be considered off limits if it was allowed?
First, they accused Jesus of being a winebibber because they were liars, much like their accusations that He hated their laws, and broke the Sabbath, etc. They were accusations, they had no foundation. They were strawmen's arguements.

The verses I presented does not only refer to excess. I showed you an example using the same language. Is it okay for a Christian to riot, just not in excess? That's a silly thought, isn't it. Apply the same reasoning.

Jesus drank wine, that being grape juice. That is part of discening which I talked about. Also, You aren't going to tell someone with stomach problems to drink alcohol. That's absolutely stupid, it's a poison. However, grape juice is helpful to the belly.

Whosoever is deceived about wine, and strong drink is not wise. That cannot be controverted. Daniel showed, how drinking wine was defilement as well.

First, I am glad you realize a contradiction in their words. Second, I do not eat unclean meats. The OT dietary laws were founded before the old covenant, when Noah was permitted to eat animals after the flood. Those dietary laws still hold today.

Isaiah 66:15-17 For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine’s flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

The Lord has said He shall consume those eating swines flesh (unclean food), the abomination (unclean foods), and the mouse (unclean food) together. This speaks of the great day of the Lord. Now explain this:

Revelation 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

If the animals are in fact all cleansed, why are they still being declared unclean in Revelation? Why is the Prophet Isaiah looking into the future and saying Jesus will destroy those eating unclean foods? The verses used to say we may eat whatever we like are commonly taken out of context. I urge you to pay attention to the subject matter.

Mark 7:2 And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault.

Mark 7:5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?

What is the accusation? Unclean hands, having dirty hands and eating. Has it to do with their food? Not at all.

Mark 7:18-20 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him; Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats? And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

This same thing is said by Jesus again in Matthew. Look closely at what Jesus says. Is He referring to the food, or to unclean hands?

Matthew 15:17-20 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

The subject matter has nothing to do with eating unclean foods. It is refering to the hands. To saythis means food, is to take it completely out of context.

Now Peter's Vision:

Acts 10:13-16 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

Why was this done three times?

Acts 10:19 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee.

Because three men were seeking Peter. Has this anything to do with the food? No. It has to do with men, which the Jews always considered unclean. Peter confirms this when he says:

Acts 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Once again, men, and not the food. One last part.

1 Timothy 4:4-5 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

What creatures of God are good? Those that are received with Thanksgiving. And only IF they are, are they good. It then shows it must have two qualitites to bereceived in thanksgiving:

1) The Word of God okays it
2) Prayer

You need both of those qualities. For example, if God made apples an oranges, but only declared it okay for you to eat the orange, are you really goin to sy, "Thank you for this apple!" And disobey and eat it? How can that be received with thanksgiving? He didn't give it to you in the first place. That's disobediance. Likewise, the same with meats. How can you eat pork, if He didn't say you could eat it in the first place.

So please, pay attention to the subject matter :) If you have any other verses, you may present them. But, I would like for you to look upon the sections first, and find what the subject matter is. Must stay within context. Hope this helps! :)

Inmate said:
Jesus himself said Nothing that enters a man can defile him. He said something about it being released from the body or something Forgive me I think its in matthew.

Can we "Pee" Beer out of our systems? Sure. Just dont get drunk
View the post I made to Tim, which is in this post, just above.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
All I am saying is, The Heart is untouchable by beer unless Drunken. Anyways back on topic, I think this story goes overboard. Aint nobody want to see that. God wants us to avoid Hell, So why did she paint all these pictures? Its crazy man.....

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
Inmate said:
All I am saying is, The Heart is untouchable by beer unless Drunken. Anyways back on topic, I think this story goes overboard. Aint nobody want to see that. God wants us to avoid Hell, So why did she paint all these pictures? Its crazy man.....
I understand what you're saying, however, scripture speaks in regards to not doing. That is what I hope you see. :)

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
No, Raeneske. Again the verses you quote do not forbid alcohol, but merely warning of overindulgence. You see the value in staying away from unclean meats. Good for you. However, I can't understand where in the Law you say alcohol is forbidden, particularly when Yahweh himself allowed the Israelites to buy strong drink when they went to Jerusalem, and also clearly used in Passover. That's a fact one cannot escape.

Solomon's warnings about not it not being wise etc etc is due to the misuse. To compare that to rioting a little, but just not to excess it is totally off base, a strawman argument. Rioting is based in a spirit of rebellion. How can one be a little riotous or a lot? Drinking alcohol is not a sin in itself. The problem is when one does not control it (as with gluttony in food) so that it leads to some sin. The so-called cause is not the sin. It's what it does. So, by your reasoning if I get drunk enough to commit adultery with my neighbor's wife, then that is like calling drinking adultery? or if my drunkenness results in killing someone, then it's murder? So which is it now? The sin is what was committed, not what might happen.

You really have not shown a stitch of scripture in the Law forbidding its use, or better yet, you have not explained away the parts where they did indulge legally. Again, wine is Kosher, and you have no authority, although you think you may, to call it non-Kosher.

Catholic

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
catholicism adds that God himself WILL punish demons/fallen angels for their sins in matthew 8:28 where the demons said to Jesus, "Son of God, have you come to torment us before appointed time?"; Jude and Peter and Revelation also said that the demons/fallen angels are in some state of restraint ("chains') before their torment in Lake of Fire, which is different from Hell..GOd is the final punisher but He is Just, NOT disproportionate like this so-called Korean vision of Hell (before Christianity came, Korea, Japan and China are Buddhist, which has aweful version of purgatory called Meido and buddhist hell Jigoku, in which their so-called gods connive with Oni demons to punish souls (NOT the ONE TRUE GOD)Meido: The Japanese Underworld andhttp://matthewmeyer.net/blog/2014/03/02/jigoku-japanese-hell/ ..and also, the Dogma of Resurrection of Body said body and soul only meets on Last Day, so any vision of souls with bodies before Judgment Day is false..even the Church warns of so-called visions can come from the Devil too..this topic is politically incorrect, but that's what belief in Jesus is