Last day prophecies fulfilled

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were survivors in the flood, and an innumerable number survive the tribulation as well sir Rev 7:9,14

There will be survivors from this age when the Lord comes again. They will be all of the elect the angels will gather together from the four winds of the earth, and heaven when they see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. They will be the innumerable multitude John sees in heaven of all the Jews of faith and all who are saved from Gentile nations. It is in this age there shall be "great tribulation" to come out of. Every believer possesses eternal life through His Spirit in them. So, all believers come out of "great tribulation" of this earth. There will be no more tribulation (great or not) in the age to come.

Matthew 24:31 (KJV) And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Flesh and blood cannot inherit the heavenly Kingdom Rw, like Jesus they will be resurrected as a spirit being.
(1 Corinthians 15:44, 45) 44 It is sown a physical body; it is raised up a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living person.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

The body that shall be in heaven after our physical body dies, is not flesh and blood, but is as the angels in heaven, a spiritual body. Bob, why won't you believe Paul? When our body of flesh and blood dies, it dies a physical body. But through the life-giving Spirit of God in every believer, our spirit (breath, mind, mental disposition, rational soul) leaves our physical body of flesh and blood as a spiritual body, like the angels, to be with the Lord in heaven. Christ, knowing death could not separate us from Him, before leaving this earth tells us we will be with Him, where He is, whether on the new earth or in heaven. In heaven we shall be with Him as spiritual body, and in the age to come on the new earth as immortal, incorruptible humans, as we were in the beginning when God created man.

John 14:2-3 (KJV) In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Death cannot keep us from being with the Lord in heaven after our physical body lays dead and returns to the dust of the earth. That's why Christ says we should not fear those who can kill our body, because they cannot kill our living (spirit) soul.

Matthew 10:28 (KJV) And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Just as the last Adam, Jesus Christ became a life-giving Spirit, so too we become spiritual body in heaven. In this life we bear the image of the first Adam who is of the earth, flesh and blood. But when we become spiritual body, we will bear the image (spirit/soul) as they that are in heaven, or heavenly bodies.

1 Corinthians 15:47-48 (KJV) The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

Unlike Christ, when our physical body dies it returns to the earth from which it came. The physical body of Christ did not decay, even though Christ too was fully human and fully God. His physical body when resurrected from death is immortal. Human flesh and blood cannot be immortal because every human body of flesh and blood is mortal, meaning destined to die. Which is how we can understand how the Son of God is Divine. That's why when we die the only part still living of us, through the Holy Spirit in us, is our spirit/soul which is what gives our mortal body the breath of life, a mind, will, emotions. Until our bodies are resurrected to immortality and incorruptible, they are not fit to have physical life again from our eternal spirit on the new earth, until they are resurrected to immortality and incorruption. Because in the age to come, on the new earth, they will be no more dying, and no more corruption.

1 Corinthians 15:49-50 (KJV) And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Reactions: yokefellow

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There will be survivors from this age when the Lord comes again. They will be all of the elect the angels will gather together from the four winds of the earth, and heaven when they see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. They will be the innumerable multitude John sees in heaven of all the Jews of faith and all who are saved from Gentile nations. It is in this age there shall be "great tribulation" to come out of. Every believer possesses eternal life through His Spirit in them. So, all believers come out of "great tribulation" of this earth. There will be no more tribulation (great or not) in the age to come.

Matthew 24:31 (KJV) And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The body that shall be in heaven after our physical body dies, is not flesh and blood, but is as the angels in heaven, a spiritual body. Bob, why won't you believe Paul? When our body of flesh and blood dies, it dies a physical body. But through the life-giving Spirit of God in every believer, our spirit (breath, mind, mental disposition, rational soul) leaves our physical body of flesh and blood as a spiritual body, like the angels, to be with the Lord in heaven. Christ, knowing death could not separate us from Him, before leaving this earth tells us we will be with Him, where He is, whether on the new earth or in heaven. In heaven we shall be with Him as spiritual body, and in the age to come on the new earth as immortal, incorruptible humans, as we were in the beginning when God created man.

John 14:2-3 (KJV) In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Death cannot keep us from being with the Lord in heaven after our physical body lays dead and returns to the dust of the earth. That's why Christ says we should not fear those who can kill our body, because they cannot kill our living (spirit) soul.

Matthew 10:28 (KJV) And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Just as the last Adam, Jesus Christ became a life-giving Spirit, so too we become spiritual body in heaven. In this life we bear the image of the first Adam who is of the earth, flesh and blood. But when we become spiritual body, we will bear the image (spirit/soul) as they that are in heaven, or heavenly bodies.

1 Corinthians 15:47-48 (KJV) The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

Unlike Christ, when our physical body dies it returns to the earth from which it came. The physical body of Christ did not decay, even though Christ too was fully human and fully God. His physical body when resurrected from death is immortal. Human flesh and blood cannot be immortal because every human body of flesh and blood is mortal, meaning destined to die. Which is how we can understand how the Son of God is Divine. That's why when we die the only part still living of us, through the Holy Spirit in us, is our spirit/soul which is what gives our mortal body the breath of life, a mind, will, emotions. Until our bodies are resurrected to immortality and incorruptible, they are not fit to have physical life again from our eternal spirit on the new earth, until they are resurrected to immortality and incorruption. Because in the age to come, on the new earth, they will be no more dying, and no more corruption.

1 Corinthians 15:49-50 (KJV) And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
The body that shall be in heaven after our physical body dies, is not flesh and blood, but is as the angels in heaven, a spiritual body
Glad we agree Rw.
even though Christ too was fully human and fully God
Was Adam fully human and fully God Rw? Who sent Jesus and why sir?

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Adam fully human and fully God Rw? Who sent Jesus and why sir?

Adam was created in the likeness and image of God, but that which is created by God can never become the Creator Bob. The difference between being created human, and He who is the only begotten of God, is that the Son, like His Father has always existed. That's why John calls Christ the Word Who was God and was with God from the beginning. The only begotten Son of God was not procreated naturally. To be procreated naturally there must be both human father and human mother. But in the case of Christ, His creation was a supernatural miracle that began in the womb of the woman through the Holy Spirit that is God. Just as humans are born of both father and mother, so too Christ was born through the woman, but without a human father conceived of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, Christ through His human mother is fully human outwardly, and inwardly He is fully Spirit that is God.

The plan for God to redeem humanity was established in heaven before creation. God always knew that man endowed with freewill would never freely choose to submit to another, not even the Creator for everlasting life. Knowing that man would choose to disobey Him, God provided a way to redeem man through His Son. That's why Christ is called the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. In order for mankind to be born again through the Spirit, there would have to be a perfect human sacrifice to make atonement for sin through His blood. The Son, though Deity had to become human, because only a perfect unblemished human sacrifice could make atonement for sinful mankind. That's why the Son was sent from heaven to become fully human. To be the propitiation for all sin. And whosoever believes in Him shall have eternal life through Him.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam was created in the likeness and image of God, but that which is created by God can never become the Creator Bob. The difference between being created human, and He who is the only begotten of God, is that the Son, like His Father has always existed. That's why John calls Christ the Word Who was God and was with God from the beginning. The only begotten Son of God was not procreated naturally. To be procreated naturally there must be both human father and human mother. But in the case of Christ, His creation was a supernatural miracle that began in the womb of the woman through the Holy Spirit that is God. Just as humans are born of both father and mother, so too Christ was born through the woman, but without a human father conceived of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, Christ through His human mother is fully human outwardly, and inwardly He is fully Spirit that is God.

The plan for God to redeem humanity was established in heaven before creation. God always knew that man endowed with freewill would never freely choose to submit to another, not even the Creator for everlasting life. Knowing that man would choose to disobey Him, God provided a way to redeem man through His Son. That's why Christ is called the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. In order for mankind to be born again through the Spirit, there would have to be a perfect human sacrifice to make atonement for sin through His blood. The Son, though Deity had to become human, because only a perfect unblemished human sacrifice could make atonement for sinful mankind. That's why the Son was sent from heaven to become fully human. To be the propitiation for all sin. And whosoever believes in Him shall have eternal life through Him.
You are correct Adam was not equal to God, nor was Jesus, which is my point. Jesus was Adam's equal not Gods, thus when sacrificed paid the ransom for what Adam lost. Soul for soul sir, a corresponding ransom.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct Adam was not equal to God, nor was Jesus, which is my point. Jesus was Adam's equal not Gods, thus when sacrificed paid the ransom for what Adam lost. Soul for soul sir, a corresponding ransom.

Sorry Bob, you seem to be putting words in my mouth, because Jesus IS God, Who is Spirit becoming in form fully human. God had to become human, because it was Adam & Eve who were human beings who disobeyed the Creator and brought sin and death into the world. Therefore, according to Scripture only a perfect and unblemished human could make propitiation for sin through His righteous blood.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Bob, you seem to be putting words in my mouth, because Jesus IS God, Who is Spirit becoming in form fully human. God had to become human, because it was Adam & Eve who were human beings who disobeyed the Creator and brought sin and death into the world. Therefore, according to Scripture only a perfect and unblemished human could make propitiation for sin through His righteous blood.
... and humans killed God :eek:

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Numbers 23:19 God is not a man that he should tell lies, Neither a son of mankind that he should feel regret

Hosea 11:9 (...) For I am God and not man, The Holy One in your midst (...)

1 Samuel 15:29 Moreover, the Excellency of Israel will not prove false or change his mind, for He is not a mere man that he should change his mind.

Job 9:32 For he is not a man like me that I may answer him, That we should go to court together

Demigods, human-gods, is obviously an idea originated in pagan mythology. False Christians added it to their worship many years ago.
"Divine" and "human" are two different natures which are mutually exclusive:

Phil. 2:6 (...) he was existing in God’s form (...)
7 No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and became human. 8 More than that, when he came as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, yes, death on a torture stake. 9 For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name ...

He was "divine" ---> He emptied himself --> He became human --> He died as a human --> God resurrected him and exalted him to a superior position.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... and humans killed God :eek:

How do humans kill a Spirit? He gave His life, that is His human flesh, to be a ransom for sin. But the Spirit, Who is God, which is what gave His body physical life while on earth, never died! Because the Spirit went to the Father in heaven alive. Then three days later the Spirit returned to Jesus' body to resurrect it from the grave. The Spirit gives life, the flesh profits nothing. Flesh and blood has life through their spirit in them. When they humans physically die with the Holy Spirit within, they NEVER die. Like Jesus, humans endowed with the Spirit of Christ, go after death to the Father in heaven spiritually ALIVE.

Luke 23:46 (KJV) And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Numbers 23:19 God is not a man that he should tell lies, Neither a son of mankind that he should feel regret

Hosea 11:9 (...) For I am God and not man, The Holy One in your midst (...)

1 Samuel 15:29 Moreover, the Excellency of Israel will not prove false or change his mind, for He is not a mere man that he should change his mind.

Job 9:32 For he is not a man like me that I may answer him, That we should go to court together

Demigods, human-gods, is obviously an idea originated in pagan mythology. False Christians added it to their worship many years ago.
"Divine" and "human" are two different natures which are mutually exclusive:

Phil. 2:6 (...) he was existing in God’s form (...)
7 No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and became human. 8 More than that, when he came as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, yes, death on a torture stake. 9 For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name ...

He was "divine" ---> He emptied himself --> He became human --> He died as a human --> God resurrected him and exalted him to a superior position.

Exactly! Mankind was only able to destroy the flesh of Jesus, Who is God incarnate.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do humans kill a Spirit? (...)
Then you should be more coherent: you say that God became a man so he could die, and then you say that he didn't die anyway, and that it was a hoax.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you should be more coherent: you say that God became a man so he could die, and then you say that he didn't die anyway, and that it was a hoax.

When God became a man, did He not show Himself in human form? Most professing Christians know God is immortal and cannot die. Yet the body Jesus took did indeed die! Yet God can never die. Not a hoax, Jesus as the Son of God in human form gave His physical spotless life to redeem sin, and though Jesus' body was dead and buried, the Spirit in Him, Who is God never died.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God never became a man. God was still in heavens while his Son was a man... ;)

John 4:21 Jesus said to her: “Believe me, woman, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews. 23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.”

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God never became a man. God was still in heavens while his Son was a man... ;)

John 4:21 Jesus said to her: “Believe me, woman, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews. 23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.

Like verse 24 says, God is Spirit! Spirit within Jesus, giving His physical form life! Do you deny that spirit beings can and have taken on human form? When spirit beings take a human form, are they no longer spirit beings? Or when they put off the human form they took, are they once again spirit beings?

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus was baptized, God spoke FROM HEAVENS ;)

Luke 3:21 Now when all the people were baptized, Jesus too was baptized. As he was praying, the heaven was opened up, 22 and the holy spirit in bodily form like a dove came down upon him, and a voice came out of heaven: “You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.”

John didn't baptize God. Chkl:

Last edited:

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Luke 3:21 Now when all the people were baptized, Jesus too was baptized. As he was praying, the heaven was opened up, 22 and the holy spirit in bodily form like a dove came down upon him, and a voice came out of heaven: “You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.”

You seem to be fighting against the fact that God can be human and still be The Divine God. The body of Jesus was baptized to bear witness that He was the Son of God.

John 1:32-34 (KJV) And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You also seem also to fight against the fact that God reveals Himself in three.

1 John 5:7-8 (KJV) For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I see you checked Christian as your faith. While I agree that term is insufficient in today's society as a mark of righteousness, what faith do you believe in ?
hmmm how do I explain this
James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
and so I am that's why I check that I am a christian and say that I might also be an antichrist
but least I'm being honest I don't love God nor do I love christ

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

as you can see
since I do not keep all of his commandments I do not love him

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Incredible... You persecute and repress those who use biblical texts to prove that Jesus is the Son of God, but you don't even flinch when someone posts that Jehovah is Satan.

Jehovah and Jesus are watching.

Matt. 7:21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of us believe we are living in the last days, and several prophecies are to be fulfilled during that time period. Have you observed any of the prophecies for the last days being fulfilled? What are you observing that is being fulfilled?
I personally have found that this prophecy accurately describes the attitude of most people in modern times, even many who say they are Christians, perhaps because of the evil and the cruelty of this time (Rev. 12:12) ... the love they may have had within has cooled down.

2 Tim. 3:1 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. 6 From among these arise men who slyly work their way into households and captivate weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.
8 Now in the way that Janʹnes and Jamʹbres opposed Moses, so these also go on opposing the truth. Such men are completely corrupted in mind, disapproved as regards the faith. 9 Nevertheless, they will make no further progress, for their folly will be very plain to all, as it was with those two men. 10 But you have closely followed my teaching, my course of life, my purpose, my faith, my patience, my love, my endurance, 11 the persecutions and sufferings such as I experienced in Antioch, in I·coʹni·um, in Lysʹtra. I endured these persecutions, and the Lord rescued me from them all. 12 In fact, all those desiring to live with godly devotion in association with Christ Jesus will also be persecuted. 13 But wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse, misleading and being misled.

Matt. 24:12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold.

Reactions: Robert Gwin