Last day prophecies fulfilled

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some things that the Bible predicts for this time that are so subtle that not many people discover them. One of them is the globalization of the world in the last days. It is that modern phenomenon in which the world is totally interconnected digitally... For example, a person can see live what is happening thousands of miles away, with the consequent effects that what they are learning about may have in its own immediate context.

Obviously, this phenomenon did not occur at the time when the Bible was being written, and for many reasons it would be something that could not even remotely have been imagined at that time. However, in very subtle ways, Jesus showed that this would be the case in the last days.

Matt. 24:4 In answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads you, 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 You are going to hear of wars and reports of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for these things must take place, but the end is not yet."

Luke 21:10 Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs."

Note that for those words to come true, the entire world population would necessarily have to have a way of learning about international news. How could the inhabitants of one side of the world know that those things mentioned there would be happening on the other side of the world? Only through an international communications network like the one we have today.

Isn't it true that biblical prophecies and their fulfillment in our days is impressive?
That is certainly the perspective of most. But really...have not 'wars and rumors of wars", and "earthquakes in divers places" always been? Surely they have. Rhetorical question: Why then would you assume they are only limited to a time at the end of times?

Alternatively, I submit that these things common to all of history and times, are rather "a sign" of when "the end is not yet"...just as Jesus said:

And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is certainly the perspective of most. But really...have not 'wars and rumors of wars", and "earthquakes in divers places" always been? Surely they have. Rhetorical question: Why then would you assume they are only limit to a time at the end of times?

Alternatively, I submit that these things common to all of history and times, are rather "a sign" of when "the end is not yet"...just as Jesus said:

And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Wow. That's a totally new to me point of view about those words of Jesus. :eek:

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The differences between the prophecies of Jesus and the things that have always happened are several:

1) the number of occurrences, their frequency
2) The places where they are happening have multiplied
3) despite advances still cannot be predicted or losses avoided
4) events are happening not only more frequently, but many of them together at once, not just sporadically.

So, the character is totally diferent than "normal".

About wars and news about it, the news is new as I said before, and there is not any doubt that wars are a characteristic of the last days ... I know because that was said by an angel also to Daniel. There was never a WWI before the WWI (1914) :IDK:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one who started the conversation with me, Ellie, and it wasn’t about last days. It was about policemen. Now your game is to act like I’m the one who started it….? Pfft!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The differences between the prophecies of Jesus and the things that have always happened are several:

1) the number of occurrences, their frequency
2) The places where they are happening have multiplied
3) despite advances still cannot be predicted or losses avoided
4) events are happening not only more frequently, but many of them together at once, not just sporadically.

So, the character is totally diferent than "normal".

About wars and news about it, the news is new as I said before, and there is not any doubt that wars are a characteristic of the last days ... I know because that was said by an angel also to Daniel. There was never a WWI before the WWI (1914) :IDK:
Yes, "different than normal"--by far.

But again, each of those can be explained--not as perceived, but as "not" rather a sign of the end that is "not yet." As follows:

1 & 2) "Frequency" is not the point. Yet it is true, that with the increase of knowledge comes greater frequency. Again, that is not the point...but rather gives a greater sense of urgency to the message as time goes on. Therefore, He clarified, saying, "But the end is not yet." Thus, the greater sense of urgency for Israel, was miracles. But for we who come after, just as John the Baptist eluded, those things of the flesh and the world would come to decrease, while the unseen things of God would increase. In other words--the increase is not in the things of this world, as the prophecy did not actually refer to tribulations--notably as, "not the end."​

3) The prophecy was not about tribulations, but about His coming and "the End" being Him by Name. In which case, the events that you are referring to are about the end of the world, rather than the greater answer which Jesus gave regarding rather Him and His return--which was not to touch down upon that Mount of Olives of old where He use to go as a sign, but rather where He has gone, which is the Mount of God; and not that He should return that He should be where we are, but rather as He said, "that where I am, there you may be also."​

4) Yes, more frequently in the world, because the world is passing away. But that is not the actual subject. The question may have been asked regarding the end, but as Jesus often did, His answer was rather not what they expected, but what should be expected, as He "the End" had already come and "the kingdom of God had come upon them." Therefore, His answer was what was "not" and also what is.​
Even so, Jesus nor Daniel did not mean to say, "Do not take these things of the world as signs." But rather that they are signs for every generation. But Jesus also marked the time of when those things that were not to come when expected would come, saying "So you also, when you see these things happening, know that it is near—at the doors!" "You also", meaning even that very generation.

Which is confirmed by the sign of the fig tree, and Him saying, "When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near"...regarding the apostles as putting forth "tender" branches, rather than "new wine in old wineskins."

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the truth is that we cann't have the real statistics of wars and earthquakes in old times ... but I have read somewhere that the number of deaths from wars from the last few years up to now, exceeds the number of deaths estimated in all the wars that occurred in all previous human generations. Do you think it's true?

Maybe something like that is happening with earthquakes. Do you think Jesus talk specifically of these things just to impress latter day christians?

In one thing I agree with you, if I understood correctly your last post: there are "the last days" and there are "the last days of the last days" ... or something like that. I don't think the great tribulation is occurring yet, but I am pretty sure that the last days have been going on for a long time... The first world war proves it (Matt. 24:7,8). In fact, more than 100 years have passed since then. But, the last days of Noah's time lasted 120 years (Gén. 6:3). ;)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's one thing to speak of the identity of God, but it's altogether something offensive to most Christians to speak of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior as anything less than God!
Doesn't matter does it, one either believes he is God's son, or they don't. What is important is what the Bible teaches, and it is the most relevant point there is, because the Bible is quite clear as well, when Jesus returns if you don't know God, you will be destroyed 2 Thes 1:8,9. Best to listen and obey Jesus' teachings don't you think RW?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't matter does it, one either believes he is God's son, or they don't. What is important is what the Bible teaches, and it is the most relevant point there is, because the Bible is quite clear as well, when Jesus returns if you don't know God, you will be destroyed 2 Thes 1:8,9. Best to listen and obey Jesus' teachings don't you think RW?
That’s a pretty ridiculous attempt to scare someone into being your convert. But I have to give you at least a few points for subtlety because you’re getting quite good at trying to hide what you’re saying. So, points for subtlety and for fine honing of craftiness.

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of us believe we are living in the last days, and several prophecies are to be fulfilled during that time period. Have you observed any of the prophecies for the last days being fulfilled? What are you observing that is being fulfilled?
Daniel 1 - 3 Years - Health test (Dan. 1:5). The religious exemption denied (Dan. 1:8,10, "defile"). Health exemption accepted (Dan. 1:13, "let our countenances be looked upon"). Daniel would put no wicked thing into his body temple, offered by Babylon, even upon pain of refusal. A period of probation (10, also a symbol of whole), and he did not have to put into his body the unclean. Daniel didn't have to cover his face with shame as the others who accepted Babylon's aid, but it (Daniel's face) was open, so it could be looked upon.

Now, go back 3 years for evil vaccinations offered by Babylon to promote health.

What follows, is an increase in study of prophetic, Daniel 2, and an interest by Babylon in it, and followed by rejection of it's fall as an empire, and so a new plan is put into place, a Moral test (Dan. 3), congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, and finally into Dan 6, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...

1st Amendment 01 - Establishing Religion.jpg

1st Amendment 02 - Prohibiting Exercise.jpg

1st Amendment 03 - Freedom Of Speech.jpg

1st Amendment 04 - Freedom Of Press.jpg

1st Amendment 05 - Right To Assembly.jpg

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t mention it even being a christian forum. The issue is your lack of respect and your thinking that because you have a religion you don’t have to show respect on anyone else’s property or in their home or building.
I gathered you were speaking about this forum maam, what would lead you to believe that I would think you were referring to another forum?

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking earlier about wars as a prophecy for the last days, I remembered that Jesus' reference to these wars is surprisingly very specific. Note:

Matt. 24:7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

Jesus' expression describes world wars, not simply armed conflicts between two nations. He says "nation against nation and kingdom against kingdom."

Although it is true that there have always been human wars in this world dominated by Satan, only recently has this bloody war that we know as World War I (1914) emerged ... Many countries joined against many others on each side of the conflict. Very few know the history of that war, but it is surprising how overnight and for reasons that now seem inconsequential, one or other country joined each side. That had never happened before in all of human history. World War I deaths are estimated to be over 9 million ... after that one there was another one in 1939-45 (the WWII) with an estimated of 40-50 millions, even more than the first one.

The prophecy of the wars for the last days are found in the passages of Jesus' speech about it (Matt. 24, Luke 21 and Mark 13). They are also found in the book of Daniel about the conflicts between two sides, and also in the prophecies of the horsemen of the Apocalypse (Rev. 6:3,4) where the war occupies the place of the second horseman.

Isn't it true that that prophecy has been being fulfilled in these last days?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gathered you were speaking about this forum maam, what would lead you to believe that I would think you were referring to another forum?
I find it hard to believe it’s not intentional obtuseness on your part to not be able to perceive a persons point. It’s like weaponized incompetence or Something.

Last edited:

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It may not matter to yourself and others, but it matters a great deal to people of faith. Consider for instance Christ's Apostle, Thomas who understood without doubting the resurrected Lord is God. As you say the Bible really is quite clear.

John 20:28 (KJV) And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

1 Timothy 3:16 (KJV) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

I hope this reply demonstrates to you my belief in the Bible, and that I have no intention of debating with you. Because it would indeed be an exercise in futility, and it is my understanding the question of whether or not Christ is God is not permitted in the forums. Most professing faith in Christ readily accept that only God saves.

Last edited:

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It looks like some people here don't like when others talk about the last days prophecies fulfilled.

Those are the kind of people we don't want around, cause they will try to weaken our sense of urgency when it comes to learning the truth and doing works worthy of a true Christian.

There are many more Bible prophecies that were written so that Christians would know at what point in the time stream we really are and why it is so urgent to repent of dead works and start taking seriously our conduct and decisions in life.

I may put some people here in my ignore list. They are posing as Christians, but it looks like they aren't really.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s a pretty ridiculous attempt to scare someone into being your convert. But I have to give you at least a few points for subtlety because you’re getting quite good at trying to hide what you’re saying. So, points for subtlety and for fine honing of craftiness.
We Christians are literally an open book maam. See how you get exposed especially since everything posted here is in writing?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 1 - 3 Years - Health test (Dan. 1:5). The religious exemption denied (Dan. 1:8,10, "defile"). Health exemption accepted (Dan. 1:13, "let our countenances be looked upon"). Daniel would put no wicked thing into his body temple, offered by Babylon, even upon pain of refusal. A period of probation (10, also a symbol of whole), and he did not have to put into his body the unclean. Daniel didn't have to cover his face with shame as the others who accepted Babylon's aid, but it (Daniel's face) was open, so it could be looked upon.

Now, go back 3 years for evil vaccinations offered by Babylon to promote health.

What follows, is an increase in study of prophetic, Daniel 2, and an interest by Babylon in it, and followed by rejection of it's fall as an empire, and so a new plan is put into place, a Moral test (Dan. 3), congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, and finally into Dan 6, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...

View attachment 28407

View attachment 28408

View attachment 28409

View attachment 28410

View attachment 28411
Good point Ad! We are protected from that however by heeding God's council to be no part of the world. Yes governments will sometimes try to stop us from fulfilling our obligation to God, so we render to Caesar his things, but God's things come first. What can man do to us? It is they that should be pitied for taking action against God's people. There will be an accounting.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it hard to believe it’s not intentional obtuseness on your part to not be able to perceive a persons point. It’s like weaponized incompetence or Something.
I know your agenda Gracie. The real truth is, you want to serve your god in your own way, but you expect others to serve your same god the same way. It is very true, I am no different maam, but I use Biblical evidence to support my viewpoint, and then it is up to those who read the post to determine the legitimacy of what was written.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It may not matter to yourself and others, but it matters a great deal to people of faith. Consider for instance Christ's Apostle, Thomas who understood without doubting the resurrected Lord is God. As you say the Bible really is quite clear.

John 20:28 (KJV) And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

1 Timothy 3:16 (KJV) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

I hope this reply demonstrates to you my belief in the Bible, and that I have no intention of debating with you. Because it would indeed be an exercise in futility, and it is my understanding the question of whether or not Christ is God is not permitted in the forums. Most professing faith in Christ readily accept that only God saves.
No sir, Thomas knew who God was, after all he was one of Christs apostles. I noticed you left off the exclamation point, which does alter the understanding a bit. The Bible was speaking about Jesus at 1 Timothy 3:16, and states very clearly he, not God, best not to alter passages of the Bible RW.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We Christians are literally an open book maam. See how you get exposed especially since everything posted here is in writing?
I wouldn’t call that being an open book. It’s trying to cloak what you’re saying enough to slide it past moderation. It’s trying to break the rules while simultaneously saying, no one has caught me cheating.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know your agenda Gracie. The real truth is, you want to serve your god in your own way, but you expect others to serve your same god the same way. It is very true, I am no different maam, but I use Biblical evidence to support my viewpoint, and then it is up to those who read the post to determine the legitimacy of what was written.
I have no idea what you just said here.
The only thing I expect is for you to follow the written rules.