Last days are here today! Are you ready to meet Jesus in the clouds??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn’t arguing...it’s contending for the faith. The Greek word for contend means ”to contend strenuously in defense of.” Strenuous means ”requiring or using great exertion, laborious, vigorous, zealously active.” So contending for the faith is a heavy task not to be taken lightly. :)
I understand where you are coming from....when I first joined a christian forum I would log out daily and be full of anger towards others who didn't believe as I did....I would get into some pretty heated debates contending for the faith....
problem with this is that my tone and condescending rhetoric alienated those I was speaking to and I lost all hope of ever being a true disciple of Christ to speak the Truth in Love and let the Holy Spirit manifest that seed in them.
I had to leave the forum for awhile until I could get my attitude right. So now I try to humbly share my faith...let God's Word speak for itself....and politely agree to disagree.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand where you are coming from....when I first joined a christian forum I would log out daily and be full of anger towards others who didn't believe as I did....I would get into some pretty heated debates contending for the faith....
problem with this is that my tone and condescending rhetoric alienated those I was speaking to and I lost all hope of ever being a true disciple of Christ to speak the Truth in Love and let the Holy Spirit manifest that seed in them.
I had to leave the forum for awhile until I could get my attitude right. So now I try to humbly share my faith...let God's Word speak for itself....and politely agree to disagree.
And politely agreeing to disagree doesn’t help them my friend. Sometimes we need to get in ppl’s faces and call a spade a spade. No one in the Bible agreed to disagree. They told them the truth. Again, we are not to just strive for unity, but also for truth. Unity with heretics is unbiblical. I just read this in Proverbs last night.

Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. They are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck. My son, if sinful men entice you, do not give in to them. If they say, “Come along with us; let’s lie in wait for innocent blood, let’s ambush some harmless soul; let’s swallow them alive, like the grave, and whole, like those who go down to the pit; we will get all sorts of valuable things and fill our houses with plunder; cast lots with us; we will all share the loot”— my son, do not go along with them, do not set foot on their paths; for their feet rush into evil, they are swift to shed blood. How useless to spread a net where every bird can see it! These men lie in wait for their own blood; they ambush only themselves! Such are the paths of all who go after ill-gotten gain; it takes away the life of those who get it.[Proverbs 1:8-19]

Unity on here with heretics is no different than Solomon’s warning in the above passage. You are calling compromise unity. That’s not unity at all. As Amos wrote Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so?[Amos 3:3] There is no unity with heretics.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And politely agreeing to disagree doesn’t help them my friend. Sometimes we need to get in ppl’s faces and call a spade a spade. No one in the Bible agreed to disagree. They told them the truth. Again, we are not to just strive for unity, but also for truth. Unity with heretics is unbiblical. I just read this in Proverbs last night.

Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. They are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck. My son, if sinful men entice you, do not give in to them. If they say, “Come along with us; let’s lie in wait for innocent blood, let’s ambush some harmless soul; let’s swallow them alive, like the grave, and whole, like those who go down to the pit; we will get all sorts of valuable things and fill our houses with plunder; cast lots with us; we will all share the loot”— my son, do not go along with them, do not set foot on their paths; for their feet rush into evil, they are swift to shed blood. How useless to spread a net where every bird can see it! These men lie in wait for their own blood; they ambush only themselves! Such are the paths of all who go after ill-gotten gain; it takes away the life of those who get it.[Proverbs 1:8-19]

Unity on here with heretics is no different than Solomon’s warning in the above passage. You are calling compromise unity. That’s not unity at all. As Amos wrote Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so?[Amos 3:3] There is no unity with heretics.
Yup. 1 Corinthians 16:13. Stand firm in the faith. Be strong. People do not like that.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:)

Well I disagree with how you believe on dealing with people of other beliefs. Jesus spent His life sitting, eating and drinking and fellowshipping with unbelievers. Spreading His message of God's plan of salvation....
And even fed them while they gathered and listened to His teaching. And in His final moment He cried out to God and said Father forgive them for they know not what they do.
If we are to live by His example then we should follow even this one.
Do I care whether someone is in error of the Truth enough to spend time with them discussing the matter? Of course I do, I am spending time with you even now:)
As Jesus was writing in the sand before a mob of men who were about to stone a prostitute...He didn't speak a word...just wrote in the sand. One by one they dropped their stone and walked away.
The Jesus looked up and asked Mary...where are thine accusers? She answered there is none left to accuse me....Jesus said neither do I....Go and sin no more.
She.became His #1 follower!
Would she have been saved if Jesus came at her as you are suggesting?

Reactions: GTW27

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I disagree with how you believe on dealing with people of other beliefs. Jesus spent His life sitting, eating and drinking and fellowshipping with unbelievers. Spreading His message of God's plan of salvation....
And even fed them while they gathered and listened to His teaching. And in His final moment He cried out to God and said Father forgive them for they know not what they do.
Do I care whether someone is in error of the Truth enough to spend time with them discussing the matter? Of course I do, I am spending time with you even now:)
As Jesus was writing in the sand before a mob of men who were about to stone a prostitute...He didn't speak a word...just wrote in the sand. One by one they dropped their stone and walked away.
The Jesus looked up and asked Mary...where are thine accusers? She answered there is none left to accuse me....Jesus said neither do I....Go and sin no more.
But He never sought unity with heretics. Which is what you’re pushing for on here. :(

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Picture this...

A Christian is in a foreign place. He’s there waiting for his friends to come to him. He decides to go site seeing and see what all this place has to offer. He goes to the marketplace and sees many shrines with idols placed in them. He even sees one that is to some sort of unknown god. He goes up to them and talks to them about. He then after a long talk with them decides to agree to disagree with them. Is that a biblical thing to do my friend? Love them for unity’s sake, or confront them with the truth? I’ll leave that for you to decide. :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Picture this...

A Christian is in a foreign place. He’s there waiting for his friends to come to him. He decides to go site seeing and see what all this place has to offer. He goes to the marketplace and sees many shrines with idols placed in them. He even sees one that is to some sort of unknown god. He goes up to them and talks to them about. He then after a long talk with them decides to agree to disagree with them. Is that a biblical thing to do my friend? Love them for unity’s sake, or confront them with the truth? I’ll leave that for you to decide. :)
I have been confronting you with the Truth...I can't force you to receive it...I gave you scriptures and biblical examples. I trust the power of God's Word to open your eyes to see and ears to hear what the Holy Spirit has to say.:cool:
God Bless!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been confronting you with the Truth...I can't force you to receive it...I gave you scriptures and biblical examples. I trust the power of God's Word to open your eyes to see and ears to hear what the Holy Spirit has to say.:cool:
God Bless!
Sorry, but ecumenicalism is not the truth. That’s what you’re promoting. I read that during Paul’s time, ppl in Athens would even trade their idols like kids(shoot, even adults) trade baseball cards. He didn’t seek unity, he sought the truth above all things. There is no biblical mandate to seek unity in the way you are averring it. None.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But He never sought unity with heretics. Which is what you’re pushing for on here. :(
Are you equating loving one another with unity?
You misunderstood then....the unity of faith can only be in union if it is all one faith. Which is what God is doing with His Church.
Witnessing to others of different faith is what Jesus commanded us to do. To preach the gospel to all the world

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God Bless!
Oh, my eyes were opened by Him back on 5/24/2007. But thanks for that stab at my salvation, or lack thereof.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you equating loving one another with unity?
You misunderstood then....the unity of faith can only be in union if it is all one faith. Which is what God is doing with His Church.
Witnessing to others of different faith is what Jesus commanded us to do. To preach the gospel to all the world
But you giving likes to heretics is compromising.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, my eyes were opened by Him back on 5/24/2007. But thanks for that stab at my salvation, or lack thereof.
I wasn't stabbing at your salvation....I was addressing your belief on how to love your brethren.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay let's break it down....you do know that those religions you mentioned also believe your faith is heresy...right?
If you belong to the Catholic faith you can be deemed a heretic by your own religion if you refuse to follow all their doctrines of faith.
I can be accused of heresy because I am a woman teaching a man....usurping authority over them.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
some republicans, some democrats, some communists, some budhists, some british, some americans,

some chinese, some tax collectors, some thieves, some prostitutes, some bankers, most lawyers ... ... ...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love everybody on here. That’s why I don’t seek unity with heretics, but confront them with love.
Glad to know you love everyone here....
Well I gotta move around and get stuff done. Have a good day.
God Bless

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not at all by definition heresy.
It is just sin, disobedience, rebellion.
Not according to some church doctrines...
See what I mean...everyone is a heretic according to someone's doctrine....it's a never ending debate.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay let's break it down....you do know that those religions you mentioned also believe your faith is heresy...right?
If you belong to the Catholic faith you can be deemed a heretic by your own religion if you refuse to follow all their doctrines of faith.
I can be accused of heresy because I am a woman teaching a man....usurping authority over them.
I can call someone a horse and that doesn’t make them a horse. But SDA, JW, LDS, Modalism, Arianism, are all teachings outside of orthodoxy. Unless you believe Satan in the Christ’s half-brother(LDS belief), or that He is a created being(JW belief), or that the Christ is not God, only the Son of God(Arianism), or that two-thirds of the Trinity is a myth(Modalism), then you realize their belief(s) are heresy.