Last one to post Wins!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep! and my daughter in law home schools the children ! And now 3 are done with school.
And the older girl is now done with cosmetology school and has a job .
Always some thing going on here....

Reactions: Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the family all just went shopping , I did not want to go......... Sorry I did not.
I feel like taking a nap only thing is its to late and I wonder if I will be awake to much
tonight if I do. Things sure change when you get old.......

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes I agree...our body clock gets messed up and we don't produce all the hormones that we used to do when we were young. I find some nights very long. This morning I was wide awake at 4am. But I don't move or get up in case it wakes my husband...

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH! May be that is added to me........ Missing my husband!!!! I never had it this bad
when he was alive.......
Some times I wake up a hour after I go to sleep, and then lay there for maybe a hour
or two. Then again I wake up at four or five ........... all sorts of different way's
Yep! More old age stuff, I guess ?
Is your husband still working ?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
More old age stuff, I guess ?
Is your husband still working ?

Heavens no...he is 81 now...and worked until he was 74.
I am 77 but I still do two mornings a week.
My son in law is a plastic surgeon and I work in his office. I'm trying to keep going for him , for two more years....until he retires ...He'll be 62 in two years, then close his practice.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Helen, So do you drive to work?
Your son in law is 2 years older then my first born.

I wanted more children then 3, but I did not want to worry if we would be ok with the idea
of money if we could afford .....

I am glad we moved in with my son, so when we go grocery shopping I
pay for it once a week. And my husband paid for the addition onto the house, when
we moved in.

We put on a basement... and it is used for 2 bed rooms and a school room.
And I sure was shocked in how much they eat ! And are so skinny. They eat fruit and vegetables like most children eat sweets....... Well, I should say a lot more then!!! " Fruit and Vegetables"
I know some children like fruits and vegetables, but these grand children really indulge in them.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Helen, So do you drive to work?
Your son in law is 2 years older then my first born.

I wanted more children then 3, but I did not want to worry if we would be ok with the idea
of money if we could afford .....

I am glad we moved in with my son, so when we go grocery shopping I
pay for it once a week. And my husband paid for the addition onto the house, when
we moved in.

We put on a basement... and it is used for 2 bed rooms and a school room.
And I sure was shocked in how much they eat ! And are so skinny. They eat fruit and vegetables like most children eat sweets....... Well, I should say a lot more then!!! " Fruit and Vegetables"
I know some children like fruits and vegetables, but these grand children really indulge in them.

No, I gave up my car about five years ago..because of my heart.
I was scared my heart would mess up badly one day, and I'd accidentally hit a pedestrian or another car or something and kill someone. So I sold my car.
Dave takes me wherever I need to go. So he drives me to work.
I'm glad I don't have to drive now...I never did like it anyway.

What did you used to work at before you were married?
I used to work up in London ( England) I worked in a draughting office (drawing plans for radio stations etc etc ...)
I worked for the government as a civil servant...and actually had to sign 'the official secrets act'. I was 15 when I started there.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Helen,
Well, I first started at Neisners [spelling] and this was a dime store.... "part time after school"
Then Federals dept. store. part time...... [ Closed down ]
And after I was done with school, Detroit steel ........ [Office work] & Fenestra full time and after I got married, I got played off . And they " ALL" had to close down..... and I never went back to work.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Helen,
Well, I first started at Neisners [spelling] and this was a dime store.... "part time after school"
Then Federals dept. store. part time...... [ Closed down ]
And after I was done with school, Detroit steel ........ [Office work] & Fenestra full time and after I got married, I got played off . And they " ALL" had to close down..... and I never went back to work.

I never worked after my babies were born. I didn't work again until they were about 12 years old. Then not again until my dad and mum died ...I looked after them for many years...they lived with us..and she had dementia and couldn't be left alone.
After they died...I went to work for my son in law...in his of office. But only two mornings a week. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I agree...our body clock gets messed up and we don't produce all the hormones that we used to do when we were young. I find some nights very long. This morning I was wide awake at 4am. But I don't move or get up in case it wakes my husband...
That's the time I woke up this morning. I got up and read and talked to the Lord as I often during such times. Then after a couple of hours I went back to bed and slept some more. My wife slept through it all.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's the time I woke up this morning. I got up and read and talked to the Lord as I often during such times. Then after a couple of hours I went back to bed and slept some more. My wife slept through it all.

If I don't have any duties, appointments , or work the next day , then I often enjoy 'the wee quiet hours'... :)
I years ago I used to get so frustrated when I woke up...but I found that the frustration only kicked in my adrenaline , then I couldn't return to sleep!
Now I don't fight it at all. It has just become 'the new normal' :D

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I don't have any duties, appointments , or work the next day , then I often enjoy 'the wee quiet hours'... :)
I years ago I used to get so frustrated when I woke up...but I found that the frustration only kicked in my adrenaline , then I couldn't return to sleep!
Now I don't fight it at all. It has just become 'the new normal' :D
Yes, it is often the norm for me. Usually I have no definite time schedule, but when I do the old body will eventually let me know when it needs some rest. That may not come for two or three more nights but eventually I will sleep. People will say it an easy thing to go take a nap during the day, but that is also not so... Sometimes I can and sometimes in spite of being exhausted I'll be wide awake when I lie down to sleep.

Give God the glory anyway!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus

For me it is “one of those nights “ again. Here I am.
I slept for almost an hour , then woke before midnight. A nice quiet time to pray.

Some of the threads on here bog me down a bit, and I don’t know where to grab on and join in....so I don’t , I just read and move on. I know it is “just me” , but I am finding less and less places where I feel inspired to post these days. I am missing many of our friends.
Aspen. APEX, Truth, Stranger , and many others. But at least we can pray for them.
What joy and peace is. Praise the Lord. x

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus

For me it is “one of those nights “ again. Here I am.
I slept for almost an hour , then woke before midnight. A nice quiet time to pray.

Some of the threads on here bog me down a bit, and I don’t know where to grab on and join in....so I don’t , I just read and move on. I know it is “just me” , but I am finding less and less places where I feel inspired to post these days. I am missing many of our friends.
Aspen. APEX, Truth, Stranger , and many others. But at least we can pray for them.
What joy and peace is. Praise the Lord. x
I have gotten to where I read less and less of the lengthy threads where people go back and forth on the same issues, whether I agree with one side or not. When I get tired focusing to read is something I simply avoid. I do get tired easily.

My wife bought me a new piano keyboard Saturday to help me make room in my study [not to mention avoid paying that regular high cost of having the upright piano tuned. Yesterday I helped the maintenance man move the upright piano out and I moved the keyboard in. I can lift the new keyboard alone although I would not carry it very far. Today I have almost finished rearranging my room and now in addition to being exhausted both of my hips are hurting. The physical does relate to the mental, believe me.

One thing I do not do is shortchange God. He gets His morning [or night] time no matter else I do or do not do.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Grams

Hey Marlene
So how did your Thanksgiving go?
Other than your eldest son , did you have a full house?

As you can see...I was asleep but now wide awake again :rolleyes:
I’m going to try and sleep again I’ve been awake for two hours...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have gotten to where I read less and less of the lengthy threads where people go back and forth on the same issues, whether I agree with one side or not. When I get tired focusing to read is something I simply avoid. I do get tired easily.
That is the moment when you walk away and ask God what He thinks, it is most wonderful when he answers.. Hope you enjoying new keyboard music is good for the sole. Also hope wife is doing well.

God bless

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the moment when you walk away and ask God what He thinks, it is most wonderful when he answers.. Hope you enjoying new keyboard music is good for the sole. Also hope wife is doing well.

God bless
Oh yes, I am enjoying the keyboard. As I say, I rarely play for anyone but myself and God. That is more than enough as it is relaxing especially after spending too much time on this forum. My wife is doing very well, thank you. She had a bad couple of months but it is over for at least a while, we hope.

Reactions: mjrhealth and Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh yes, I am enjoying the keyboard. As I say, I rarely play for anyone but myself and God. That is more than enough as it is relaxing especially after spending too much time on this forum. My wife is doing very well, thank you. She had a bad couple of months but it is over for at least a while, we hope.
Good to make a joyful noise with hymn tunes, right? :)

Reactions: Helen and amadeus