Last one to post Wins!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It's wonderfully assuring to know that the tribulation principle of John 16 ('In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer: I have overcome the world') is distinct from the unique, great tribulation of Matthew 24...
Yes. God gives us strength.
I could speak to the great tribulation,,,but must go now.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Marlene...Here I am!! :)
I was glad to read the posts from Fran = @GodsGrace filling in the gap here. Glad that you had someone to talk to.

I had a heavy work day on Friday..when I got home my brain was too fried to be alert enough to read posts or respond to them.
And this morning , very busy again.

Our weather for all of October and November was wonderful...Today, the first of December we got lots of snow...roads are slippery, but it's better than previous Decembers, so no complaints here. :)

God bless you...hope all is well in your neck of the woods. x
Glad to see you posting today, Helen. I was also getting concerned. I know you were cutting back here, but you are one greatly missed when you are missing.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Taken and Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's for sure Amadeus...........

Give GOD the glory !
and you knew Helen was cutting back, ? I did not......!

Well Helen, I hope all is well with you and your family !!!!
When you have the time, I will be here ........... Tommrow we are trying a new
church, and after celebrating a grand sons birthday. So I may be late......

Hope ALL have a nice Sunday !
:) Take Care ALL

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Glad to see you posting today, Helen. I was also getting concerned. I know you were cutting back here, but you are one greatly missed when you are missing.

Give God the glory!

Thanks John.
Nice to be missed.

End of year is always very busy for me.
I have all the archiving to do from work for the older patient files....and at the moment I am looking through everything to find a file that we have lost. It’s a big job, I keep asking the Lord to divinely show me which year it is in , so far no wonderful word of wisdom. o_O
So I hunt on. I even have Dave helping me...

Tomorrow may get me to the end of the search....hopefully.
I just took a break to ch3ck on site here and see what’s going on. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks John.
Nice to be missed.

End of year is always very busy for me.
I have all the archiving to do from work for the older patient files....and at the moment I am looking through everything to find a file that we have lost. It’s a big job, I keep asking the Lord to divinely show me which year it is in , so far no wonderful word of wisdom. o_O
So I hunt on. I even have Dave helping me...

Tomorrow may get me to the end of the search....hopefully.
I just took a break to ch3ck on site here and see what’s going on. :)
Well give God the glory then, dear sister. Hopefully he will give you help with that file as well. What is it the scripture says about the "little foxes"?

Reactions: Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, hello ALL, How are you all doing ?

I'm ok just bored ..........

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, hello ALL, How are you all doing ?

I'm ok just bored ..........
Fairly well here, Grams! You need to spend more time here and/or in reading the Bible as you talk to God. I have found my time spent with God to be absolutely essential to my own well being. I also do other things, such as work on my stamp collection, play my new keyboard or one of my harmonicas, but that God time is by far the most important.

I do get tired, but rarely do I have time to get bored. I am praying that God help you to fill your time with good pleasurable and fulfilling times with Him.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Amadeus,

Thank you ! So far its 9:30 and every one is gone...... the Grand children are now
into weight lifting and ? cant spell it Karate ?? foot ball and b.ball are done.
One G.daughter is still here, going to leave soon for her job, Cosmo ???? hair and
nails...... She works at W. M.
I have done the dishes and not much left to do sweep the floor. I can pick up all the clothes
around , but can only put them in a pill, have no idea if they are clean or dirty ? children ? HA!
So I 'll be on the computer a lot....

How is every one doing ? I guess Helen is still busy ????? Good for her !

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, its 3:30 and I am really bored......... I should have gone along with my
son to were ever he took the one grand child, and all the others........
I was getting used to all 8 children, but this is very hard no one.
Guess I will go take a walk to the mail box. I just did not feel good doing this
when no one is around. But....... it might help ?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Grams
Hi again!
Sometimes just walking around outside and talking to God is a worthwhile thing to do. In cities, this may be more difficult and hard to find satisfaction, but out in the country, it is whole other ball game, isn't it? When you talk to God when are all alone as you are, speak words aloud anyway. When I pray in my morning time with Him, I always talk out loud and when I read I do so out loud. I receive answers although sometimes they are to questions I did not even ask. I loved it when we lived out of town, but that was long ago now and is unlikely to happen again. Nevertheless our God is everywhere, really. He hears us wherever we are. He wants us to talk to Him even though He certainly already knows what we have on our mind.

Give God the glory!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well..... that took me a whole 10 min. and the drive way is pretty long.
and I also went back out to give the other dog [ there are 2 German shepherds ]
and one in side. Now I can only hope they are earlier then I thought coming home ?
The drive to were ever we go is long..... from half a hour to over a hour in some places.
So if its far away, that is 2 hours just in driving.... ahhhhh phooey.......
Oh well back to playing solitaire.....

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks... Amadeus...........
I do talk to my self in my head...... and I was just talking to both of the
german shepherds , they never talk back hehehehehe...... just wiggle the tail.
and want more treats from me of course.
Wow, its going on 4 now and its all ready dull in the house..... time to turn
on lights so I feel better..........

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK.......... my son just came home with 6 of the children......
and he went straight to the kitchen to cook.......... I guess they did not take
enough food with them..... But every thing is good.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks... Amadeus...........
I do talk to my self in my head...... and I was just talking to both of the
german shepherds , they never talk back hehehehehe...... just wiggle the tail.
and want more treats from me of course.
Wow, its going on 4 now and its all ready dull in the house..... time to turn
on lights so I feel better..........
My dogs are missed when I read things like this. I used to have a many as four dogs at a time, but I have outlived most of them. The last two are with a good friend in Nebraska who takes very good care of them. We've been to visit the little critters twice since our separation. We now live in a nice little apartment that generally satisfies us well... but no pets allowed. Just me and my spouse. But that's OK as well.

Give God the glory!

Last edited:

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Amadeus,
We have always had dog, during our married life ..... we had from the very small to the
large kind...... we were married in 1957 and my husband was a very kind man and kept his
problems to him self. And always knew what ever any one needed......
Our last dog was a dog we found on our property, a blond lab. [mix] and learned to do all sorts
of trick...... Fast and easy. Never barked , unless it was important......

Well, hope Helen gets to come back soon, and hope it only because she is very busy.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’m back....but still very busy lol...but I am stopping my work now and again to pop on here and chat with friends a couple of times a day. The office work that I am doing now , makes my back ache ...it is all “head down “and concentrating stuff. I need breaks from time to time. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Amadeus,
We have always had dog, during our married life ..... we had from the very small to the
large kind...... we were married in 1957 and my husband was a very kind man and kept his
problems to him self. And always knew what ever any one needed......
Our last dog was a dog we found on our property, a blond lab. [mix] and learned to do all sorts
of trick...... Fast and easy. Never barked , unless it was important......

Well, hope Helen gets to come back soon, and hope it only because she is very busy.
Yes, you miss that man now who was your partner in life for so long. I do understand, but thus far may wife and I are fortunate in still having each other after the children and even the grandchildren have grown up and got involved in their own lives which often has little to with us. We love them but we don't want them around too much. Christmas is one of our few 'get togethers' and we certainly would not want more than that.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Helen at least you are OK! You do what you have to............. Take Care......

YES! Amadeus, I have never know a man so kind and caring as my husband.
He kept his pain to him self, now I realize why he wanted us to move in with our son.....
He knew his time was about up , and was thinking of me.
He even paid to have our son add on to the house so they would have room for us.
Now I understand more then I did.
So I live with my son and his wife and there 8 children..... I guess 7 of them are still
like children............ at times 3 of them are ok , but still trouble at times, thinking they
can do as they please....... !
Now I feel good about not being alone, spending money on bills, just for me. Instead I pay
for grocery's once a week. Like today , my daughter in-law and I will go shopping.
And that sure is different $ then from just the 2 of us. But worth it for sure! :D:)