Late night thread 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it has become dark. I tend to stick to childrens movies as the grown up movies tend to have sex and violence that diminishes the spirit.

Can I ask what e-book?
It was called 'A Cottage Full of Secrets' about a women who had escaped an abusive relationship to start a new life. i finished that and have started 'Jane Eyre' for the umpteenth time.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was called 'A Cottage Full of Secrets' about a women who had escaped an abusive relationship to start a new life. i finished that and have started 'Jane Eyre' for the umpteenth time.
I miss reading books. But now days reading too much gives me headaches. I could really use a good book though.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I miss reading books. But now days reading too much gives me headaches. I could really use a good book though.
What about audio books? I always I wouldn't read e-books and used to buy books from charity shops and always made sure I had a good supply. Then came lockdown and my supply siminished and eventually ran out so guess what I started to read e-books on my Kindle fire which I'd had for ages but never really used much. And I found that I don't have to pay any more than I did in the charity shops and often get free ones. It is also useful to be able to adjust the size of the print and the brightness of the screen. I#ve always been an avid reader and must get through three or four a week these days.

Reactions: dev553344

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I used to love a really good Christian testimony book but there don't seem to be so many of them about these days.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about audio books? I always I wouldn't read e-books and used to buy books from charity shops and always made sure I had a good supply. Then came lockdown and my supply siminished and eventually ran out so guess what I started to read e-books on my Kindle fire which I'd had for ages but never really used much. And I found that I don't have to pay any more than I did in the charity shops and often get free ones. It is also useful to be able to adjust the size of the print and the brightness of the screen. I#ve always been an avid reader and must get through three or four a week these days.
Yes I've listened to some audio books. I used to read a lot too :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to love a really good Christian testimony book but there don't seem to be so many of them about these days.
I would love a near death testimony book. People describing visits with God, angels and heaven.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I've listened to some audio books. I used to read a lot too :)
I have been a reader all my life. I think you either are or aren't. My grandma used to always buy books for birthday and Christmas and I used to win books as prizes in Sunday school and had a library ticket from an early age. My gran used to tell me off for always having my nose in book instead of knitting. But she kept buying me books. The Little Women ones and the What Katy Did ones I specially remember. And the Enid Blyton adventure series. My teach use to spend the last lesson every Friday reading to us so I give him some of the credit/blame too.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would love a near death testimony book. People describing visits with God, angels and heaven.
Did you read the one about eh man who got bitten by five box jelly fish?
A Glimpse of Eternity: One man's story of life beyond death: Amazon.co.uk: Sharkey, Jenny: 9781505431773: Books

A GLIMPSE OF ETERNITY One man’s encounter with life beyond death. Ian McCormack‟s story As told by Jenny Sharkey “A Glimpse of Eternity” is the incredible true story of one man’s encounter with death and the realms beyond it. Stung by five box jellyfish while diving off the coast of Mauritius, Ian McCormack later died in hospital and was dead for 15-20 minutes. During this time he experienced both hell and heaven and came back to tell the story! Dying was his doorway to true life and his story is transforming lives around the world as it touches on some of the deepest questions we all eventually ask.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been a reader all my life. I think you either are or aren't. My grandma used to always buy books for birthday and Christmas and I used to win books as prizes in Sunday school and had a library ticket from an early age. My gran used to tell me off for always having my nose in book instead of knitting. But she kept buying me books. The Little Women ones and the What Katy Did ones I specially remember. And the Enid Blyton adventure series. My teach use to spend the last lesson every Friday reading to us so I give him some of the credit/blame too.
We read The Hobbit and the hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy. I read a series called The Chronicles of Gore. Guy books though.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We read The Hobbit and the hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy. I read a series called The Chronicles of Gore. Guy books though.
I've read all seven of the Narnia books more than once but then reading is a very personal choice and what on like another will not.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Glimpse of Eternity: One man's story of life beyond death: Amazon.co.uk: Sharkey, Jenny: 9781505431773: Books

A GLIMPSE OF ETERNITY One man’s encounter with life beyond death. Ian McCormack‟s story As told by Jenny Sharkey “A Glimpse of Eternity” is the incredible true story of one man’s encounter with death and the realms beyond it. Stung by five box jellyfish while diving off the coast of Mauritius, Ian McCormack later died in hospital and was dead for 15-20 minutes. During this time he experienced both hell and heaven and came back to tell the story! Dying was his doorway to true life and his story is transforming lives around the world as it touches on some of the deepest questions we all eventually ask.
Super it's on youtube, I'll watch it in the morning!

Reactions: Pearl

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've read all seven of the Narnia books more than once but then reading is a very personal choice and what on like another will not.
I watched the Narnia movies, but didn't read them.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's now 00.00 here so I'm off to get myself in sleep mode. Good night,

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Great YouTube video, truly inspiring.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's Sunday and everyone is at church, I already had my church today. But people tend to stay off of here on Sundays for some reason.