Late Night Thread...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to have eggs every morning for breakfast. Then I got a cholesterol check and it was too high for eggs anymore :(
Devin , what about cheese . eggs are not as bad for you as folks think . Its really all that processed food that is so hard on the body to break down . If we just ate in moderation and ate food the way GOD made it , without all those preservatives , additives , processed junk
we would be far better off . My grandma pretty much ate all sorts of foods . her cholersterol was high , but she lived just fine
to the age of ninety five . Its not so much the natural foods we eat that get us , its all that high processed , refined sugary stuff that is so deadly .

Reactions: Taken and dev553344

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So much for cooler weather , today is already one hunded and one and climbing . Welcome to west texas my friends .
Where even the cactus have to duck and find shade at times . Though we did have a much milder summer here than i have ever seen .
I seen summers that would make cactus prickly pear cringe .

Reactions: Taken

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
oh us too. :) All my life we drank our tea with milk …milk must go into the tea after the tea is poured , never before. ( so some Brits do… I’m old enough to remember the shock of tea bags arriving on the screen! @Pearl .
My parents never used them . When I moved to Canada in my 30’s we did then start using tea bags.

Parents may be horrified these days to know that when my kids were 9 months old we put a dash of tea into their milk bottle just to colour it and give it taste .
Most kids I knew , grew up on the good old British “cup of tea “ which we Brits know , always all the problems . :D

But, never never never add sugar to it! Yuck . LOL
Hi @Helen When the Americans wanted to oust the President of Syria, someone said: Let's first ask the British what they think...

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office in due course replied: You can't do that; he's just had tea with The Queen...

:)

Reactions: Taken

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So much for cooler weather , today is already one hunded and one and climbing . Welcome to west texas my friends .
Where even the cactus have to duck and find shade at times . Though we did have a much milder summer here than i have ever seen .
I seen summers that would make cactus prickly pear cringe .
Well, up here yesterday it was only a few degrees above zero C...

Reactions: amigo de christo

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our cooler weather started about 2 weeks ago... Something about September and living up North.... it's like clock work... once the kids are back in school... it FEELS like summer is over.

The trees are really starting to change colour... This is my FAVORITE time of year.
Ours lasted a little longer. It was still warm when the kids got back into school. But now it's cold. We had lightning yesterday and rain. Fun.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Devin , what about cheese . eggs are not as bad for you as folks think . Its really all that processed food that is so hard on the body to break down . If we just ate in moderation and ate food the way GOD made it , without all those preservatives , additives , processed junk
we would be far better off . My grandma pretty much ate all sorts of foods . her cholersterol was high , but she lived just fine
to the age of ninety five . Its not so much the natural foods we eat that get us , its all that high processed , refined sugary stuff that is so deadly .
I don't know. My cholesterol isn't that high, but it is a warning sign of dangerous conditions to have high cholesterol. Eggs are super high in cholesterol and I don't have to eat them much.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had nightmares last night so I'm up super early. It's 1am and I'm getting my coffee and some breakfast. Visited family yesterday and that was nice. Cheers !

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh @devin553344 and here I went and slept in... I have been going to bed about 3-4 hours LATER than I usually do.. which is still way earlier
than most... MY clock is totally backwards... I've been like this for years....
Anyways... It's almost 5 am... ( who calls that sleeping in ???????? Addy does... LOL )

Hope you managed to keep yourself busy.... Maybe you went back to bed.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Agree...
Eat locally, Eat in moderation. Optimum would be to Eat what you raise and grow without loading what you raise and grow with poison chemical compounds.
(Hint...advertised, "natural", "organic", "local" can be deceiving. Not as forthright as one is lead to believe.)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know. My cholesterol isn't that high, but it is a warning sign of dangerous conditions to have high cholesterol. Eggs are super high in cholesterol and I don't have to eat them much.

No clue what "my" cholesterol is. Never had it checked. Don't own a doctor, to say "my doctor" said this or that (my take on humor...since I don't have a human doctor)...
Eggs? A usual part of our breakfast.
Milk daily ... cheese fairly regularly.
Did go to a doctor about 4 years ago for stitches in my finger that was cut and the duck tape failed due to swelling. Duck tape is not all it's cracked up to be!

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, anyway... a productive week, about 5 acres mowed, cleared some brush and trees, have several cords of wood put up, summer garden harvested, winter garden planted. Visiting with family and neighbors has been nice. Weather cool mornings, sporadic rain, afternoons warm to hot, but tolerable with cloud cover.
God is Good. Thankful for His Blessings.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
winter garden planted.

Explain what a winter garden is please.... the only thing here that we plant in the fall is GARLIC.. and I don't know why.
I am taking on an entire alley way/strip of land here next year... my hope is to work with the landscape and make it pretty
with a combination of flowers and veggies... but I don't have a clue what that is going to look like... or even which things I can plant.
My side of the house only has partial sun due to the high trees and a shed.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So, anyway... a productive week, about 5 acres mowed, cleared some brush and trees, have several cords of wood put up, summer garden harvested, winter garden planted. Visiting with family and neighbors has been nice. Weather cool mornings, sporadic rain, afternoons warm to hot, but tolerable with cloud cover.
God is Good. Thankful for His Blessings.
Any spiritual insights occur while you were being diligent and industrious?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh @devin553344 and here I went and slept in... I have been going to bed about 3-4 hours LATER than I usually do.. which is still way earlier
than most... MY clock is totally backwards... I've been like this for years....
Anyways... It's almost 5 am... ( who calls that sleeping in ???????? Addy does... LOL )

Hope you managed to keep yourself busy.... Maybe you went back to bed.
Yeah I managed to go back to bed for a while. Now I'm up again. Fwew, more nightmares. Glad I'm awake. Glad you're awake!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah I managed to go back to bed for a while. Now I'm up again. Fwew, more nightmares. Glad I'm awake. Glad you're awake!
Do you get nightmares often?? If you have shared this already... I'm sorry... I have not followed your past posts until I met you here.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you get nightmares often?? If you have shared this already... I'm sorry... I have not followed your past posts until I met you here.
No I don't get nightmares, just frustrating dreams where I have to use the bathroom but can't find one so I wonder for hours having to go pee. Usually only when I drink coffee too close to bed. Not really nightmares though. It's more comical though :)

When I woke up I had this bad feeling that there was a bad spirit in the house and am evil person roaming outside. I live in a high crime area. A short time later I saw a bad spirit leaving my room. It bent the light in the spirit world, like it was an opacity orb that bent the light. That's how I know it was a bad spirit. But I can see things spiritually now.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
haha @ frustrating dreams about having to go pee and wandering for hours.... that made me chuckle...