Late Night Thread...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good morning CB'ers...
Bit of a rough morning... Woke up to a bunch of messages...
Someone in the family has passed away. This is not sad for me in the same way as it is for them.
Has me thinking how one minute something is... and the next it's gone.
A day of quiet refection for me .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning CB, I found some new movies on Youtube that were free with ads so I watched them and fell asleep early again. Now I'm up at midnight :) Got my coffee and a diet coke.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear about your family death Addy. Xxxx

I had a late night watching the US Open, both teenagers played brilliantly. Obviously I wanted Emma to win ,the crowd wanted Layla………..it was strange watching this event on sept 11th and then I came on here and read a few sad posts about members losing people they cared about……..yet I was full of ‘ good feelings ‘ because of the match. Made me think about the negatives and positives that we encounter. For me it’s been a month of answered prayers and positive ways forward, so I can praise.
I equally notice that often as not so many on here are focussing on the negatives …………..like the disciples when Jesus was arrested ect. They had forgotten all that they had heard from Jesus , they lost prospective at times. There dreams of no longer living under Roman law had a vanished……yet what they were about to gain , what lay ahead was so much bigger and better……….

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I had a late night watching the US Open, both teenagers played brilliantly. Obviously I wanted Emma to win ,the crowd wanted Layla………..it was strange watching this event on sept 11th and then I came on here and read a few sad posts about members losing people they cared about……..yet I was full of ‘ good feelings ‘ because of the match. Made me think about the negatives and positives that we encounter. For me it’s been a month of answered prayers and positive ways forward, so I can praise.
I equally notice that often as not so many on here are focussing on the negatives …………..like the disciples when Jesus was arrested ect. They had forgotten all that they had heard from Jesus , they lost prospective at times. There dreams of no longer living under Roman law had a vanished……yet what they were about to gain , what lay ahead was so much bigger and better……….
Lovely words Rita... I am thinking of your son who has become a believer.... God is so very GOOD.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Ever since my wife got a smartphone and found the music of LIFEBREAKTHROUGH which she would play upon waking in the morning, I have been enjoying their playlist.

lifebreakthroughmusic.com

THE GOODNESS OF GRACE - Blessed Country Gospel Songs by Lifebreakthrough - YouTube

Lifebreakthrough is a Christian Music Ministry founded in Cordillera, The Philippines in August 2000. It has a simple, smooth and captivating mode of music with a blending of Country, Folk and Gospel genres. Lifebreakthrough is the registered label of the music.

Cordillera Music & Arts or CMA is the official Social Media platform of Lifebreakthrough.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the stories of injury and death by tree are numerous, and quite horrible. I don't tackle big stuff any more, and these days anyone working in an unsafe manner can be prosecuted, fined, and banned from operating, so I am outsourcing to sub-contractors and staying safe as I progress towards full retirement, maybe in 3 years.
My friend was a handful to put it mildly. He never completely let go of his "I know this better than anyone else" attitude. That went for Bible knowledge as well as tree expertise. After my retirement in 2000 while I was still able enough I used to help him once in a while by hauling tree limbs as he cut them off the trees. When he fell that last time it was far from his first work related fall and injury. He had a scar across the bridge of his nose from a chainsaw. By time of his death one leg was shorter than the other due to a severe break in the of one leg just below his groin. He knew better than anyone that climbing a ladder to reach those high branches was a very unwise thing to do. Now he is gone.
You mention an avid Bible student who was disliked by most . . . it's a minefield out there, but the grace of God gets us through the toughest of times.
He was not disliked so much for his knowledge as for his unrelenting insistence that when he talked others must listen for as long as it took him to convince them he was right. He seldom gave them the opportunity to give him their point of view until they were worn to a frazzle just enduring his prolonged arguments.

I'm not a masochist so I am unwilling to deliberately and detrimentally repeatedly subject myself to unpleasant or trying experiences and people, such as those who abuse me and take advantage of my good nature, and those Christians who lack the self-control to refrain from misguided and excessive religious zeal.

Your advice sounds better than what my friend did although ultimately I learned how to get around his barriers to the point that he would at least listen to my views on things.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Simply put, as the matrix posted demonstrates, all multiples of 9 sum to 9 when their totals are "put together" or "synthesised" to create 1 value.
9 x 2 = 18 giving 1 + 8.
This rule plays out in a sequence as per the matrix so that you get treasures like:

• 9 x 5 = 45 then its reverse with
  • 9 x 6 = 54
I still don't understand but perhaps only mathematicians will.

Reactions: farouk

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I still don't understand but perhaps only mathematicians will.
What specifically seems obscure, Pearl?

Numerical laws and operations exist, and while it's not imperative they be appreciated by everyone, for my research I like to know how willing others are to explore them.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
2:27 am... Eastern Daylight Time ( that makes me laugh every time I write it because it's always NIGHT time and dark )
Just having my first cup of tea.
11C = 52F ... High of 16C = 61F
Autumn is definitely here.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning, CB coffee/tea drinkers.
----
5:43 am
East Coast
---
High 89F (32C)
Mostly sunny
---
Having my second cup of coffee..

Reactions: dev553344

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What specifically seems obscure, Pearl?

Numerical laws and operations exist, and while it's not imperative they be appreciated by everyone, for my research I like to know how willing others are to explore them.
Not to worry.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OH my goodness... @Josho... this is funny.... This is Captain Josh... HAHA

Edit...wait... I would like to be your co-pilot...

Good evening ladies and gents... My name is Josho... I will be your pilot for this flight and beside me is ADDY.... she is blind and don't see too good... she will be my co-pilot... HAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344