Latter Rain

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Largely silent, but not entirely. Scripture says clearly that the harvest is the end of the age, which means this is when the most souls will be won.
I see the harvest as referring to the collection and judgment of mankind. Which verses did you have in mind? There is the wheat/tares, there is "the harvest of the earth is dried", are you thinking of these?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joel Chapter 2. Verses 28-31 in particular, but the whole Chapter actually applies.
I'd still be interested in your showing me where in this passage you see a second pouring out of the Holy Spirit.

Of course I'm not pressuring you to participate!

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious also where you see this harvest fitting into Biblical prophecy. Can you show me?

Hi Marks,
The scriptures that speak of the Gospel of the Kingdom being preached once more, refer to this outpouring IMO. It is a worldwide outpouring, not just a regional one we have seen in the past, as Many believers simultaneously reach the fulness of Christ. (See Matthew 24:14)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed, how bad do we want it is the question :)
You know, I've wanted the overcome the flesh for a much longer time that I thought this was really a possibility for me. I know I want to be free from my old life in it's entirety, but if I don't believe it's possible, then that's going to stop me in my tracks. Did stop me for a long time!

When God showed me that freedom is there for the trusting, providing evidence in my life of this reality, everything changed.

I think God truly does give us all we need, but it takes us time and growing to see it, to realize what He's done for us.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures that speak of the Gospel of the Kingdom being preached once more, refer to this outpouring IMO.
I guess that's what I'm questioning here. It seems to me that many people have this idea, which I don't find in the Bible, and which I feel is detrimental to living a godly life now.

I find in the Bible that among other things, angels will be flying through the skies at the end of the age proclaiming the Gospel. Paul wrote that the Gospel had gone to the whole world, and that was in his day.

I don't know why we would connect the preaching of the Gospel to the world with a Latter Rain outpouring, when there seems to me to be more Scriptural answers.

Much love!

Reactions: David H.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess that's what I'm questioning here. It seems to me that many people have this idea, which I don't find in the Bible, and which I feel is detrimental to living a godly life now.

I find in the Bible that among other things, angels will be flying through the skies at the end of the age proclaiming the Gospel. Paul wrote that the Gospel had gone to the whole world, and that was in his day.

I don't know why we would connect the preaching of the Gospel to the world with a Latter Rain outpouring, when there seems to me to be more Scriptural answers.

Much love!

Its the Gospel of the Kingdom, which is different from the Gospel of grace unto salvation. The Gospel of the kingdom precedes the coming King, it is what John the Baptist preached and what Jesus Preached and the Gospel preached to the Jews at Pentecost, and had they have received it the Kingdom would have come then, But by their unbelief the Salvation was extended to the Gentiles. For the Gospel of the Kingdom to be preached worldwide, means the fulness of the gentiles has come in, and we are ready for the king to arrive.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its the Gospel of the Kingdom, which is different from the Gospel of grace unto salvation. The Gospel of the kingdom precedes the coming King, it is what John the Baptist preached and what Jesus Preached and the Gospel preached to the Jews at Pentecost, and had they have received it the Kingdom would have come then, But by their unbelief the Salvation was extended to the Gentiles. For the Gospel of the Kingdom to be preached worldwide, means the fulness of the gentiles has come in, and we are ready for the king to arrive.
Isn't there something else required before the King arrives? You will not see me again until you say "blessed is he who comes in the Name of the LORD".

It seems what you are saying that as we now preach the Gospel of Grace to Salvation, that there will come an outpouring of the Holy Spirit, which will change our message to be the Gospel of the Kingdom? Do I understand you correctly?

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't there something else required before the King arrives? You will not see me again until you say "blessed is he who comes in the Name of the LORD".

It seems what you are saying that as we now preach the Gospel of Grace to Salvation, that there will come an outpouring of the Holy Spirit, which will change our message to be the Gospel of the Kingdom? Do I understand you correctly?

It is my firm belief that we are now living in the times of the birth pangs, and they are increasing. we are seeing lawlessness increasing, pestilences (Plagues) Famines are coming shortly, economic and military turmoil etc. it is not just here in the U.S. but worldwide. These things precede the Gospel of the kingdom being preached as per the Olivet discourse.

On your second question, you are understanding correctly. Before the harvest can occur, the latter rain must happen, which causes the final harvest to ripen in the fields. There are wheat that is harvested, there is the tares that are separated, The tares receive the strong delusion and are gathered for the fire by the angels, the wheat is harvested into the Barn. But before this the latter rain must occur for the fields to ripen to their fulness.

This is what the latter rain is agriculturally speaking, the late rains before the harvest. They ripen the fields to their fulness. You will see Nominal Christians travelling the path to sainthood unlike ever before, and many new workers in the fields working for the same days wages we have received, for the King of Kings is coming and those who are truly his subjects will know this.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This helps me understand your thinking on this.

Much love!

Glad to hear it : )
I see the harvest as referring to the collection and judgment of mankind. Which verses did you have in mind? There is the wheat/tares, there is "the harvest of the earth is dried", are you thinking of these?

Much love!

Matthew 13:39.
Didn't God sanctify us when we were reborn? Doesn't the Holy Spirit lead us to live that new sanctified life, as we renew our minds?

This is my exact difficulty with this teaching. That we are lacking what we need to live a holy life.

But what is a holy life? Reading our Bibles and attending church, but never operating in true New Testament Christianity as described in the Book of Acts? Without wanting to sound confrontational, this is my difficulty with the opposite.
I'd still be interested in your showing me where in this passage you see a second pouring out of the Holy Spirit.

Of course I'm not pressuring you to participate!

Because Joel 2:31 has not been fulfilled yet, nor was it fulfilled when Peter quoted Joel 2:28 in Acts, and the idea that a gap of 2,000 years is implied between the two is IMO a very unnatural reading of the text.
Thank you!

You're welcome! :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is my firm belief that we are now living in the times of the birth pangs, and they are increasing. we are seeing lawlessness increasing, pestilences (Plagues) Famines are coming shortly, economic and military turmoil etc. it is not just here in the U.S. but worldwide. These things precede the Gospel of the kingdom being preached as per the Olivet discourse.

I'm thinking the same thing. I think that covid presents a birth pang that doesn't have much time between contractions, if you will. I think we're very close.

I also think that the "Gospel of the Kingdom" being preached to the world at that time is that God is giving the kingdom to Israel, and the rest of the world had better understand that, and act accordingly. They won't, of course.

Those who do, will be separated as sheep when Jesus comes.

I think we are agreed on these things from what I'm understanding.

I never really thought about this part before though. Jesus came the first time to the lost sheep of Israel. Jesus sent the disciples to Israel only to proclaim "the kingdom of heaven is at hand".

Then in the Olivette Discourse, Jesus said, the Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in all the world.

So I realize now that fills in something for me, this is where the nations are told about Israel, this is what they will be accountable to in the judgment of the sheep and goats.

Any thoughts about that?

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because Joel 2:31 has not been fulfilled yet, nor was it fulfilled when Peter quoted Joel 2:28 in Acts, and the idea that a gap of 2,000 years is implied between the two is IMO a very unnatural reading of the text.
How do you mean a gap? For myself, I see this prophecy as marking a time during with the Holy Spirit will be given to 'all flesh', as opposed to 'coming upon' various individuals in OT times. That this time began with the rushing wind, and will end at the blood moon.

But what is a holy life? Reading our Bibles and attending church, but never operating in true New Testament Christianity as described in the Book of Acts? Without wanting to sound confrontational, this is my difficulty with the opposite.

I don't mind your sounding confrontational. This really centers in on where my mind is at.

Can we not operate in true New Testament Christianity Until we receive this Latter Rain? This is my difficulty with the idea, that we cannot live as we should until then.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On your second question, you are understanding correctly. Before the harvest can occur, the latter rain must happen, which causes the final harvest to ripen in the fields. There are wheat that is harvested, there is the tares that are separated, The tares receive the strong delusion and are gathered for the fire by the angels, the wheat is harvested into the Barn. But before this the latter rain must occur for the fields to ripen to their fulness.

This is what the latter rain is agriculturally speaking, the late rains before the harvest. They ripen the fields to their fulness. You will see Nominal Christians travelling the path to sainthood unlike ever before, and many new workers in the fields working for the same days wages we have received, for the King of Kings is coming and those who are truly his subjects will know this.
I think one of the underlying questions which we answer differently is, will there be an end of the age revival? Jesus questioned whether He would even find faith on the earth.

I'm curious what you think, why would there need to be an increase in miracles for people to believe the Gospel? As the world has had the preaching of the Gospel, and those who are being saved are saved by it, for centuries, why the change now, I'm wondering?

Much love!

Reactions: David H.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you mean a gap? For myself, I see this prophecy as marking a time during with the Holy Spirit will be given to 'all flesh', as opposed to 'coming upon' various individuals in OT times. That this time began with the rushing wind, and will end at the blood moon.

2,000+ year gap. Unnatural reading of Joel 2:28-31 IMO, but apparently we disagree.
Can we not operate in true New Testament Christianity Until we receive this Latter Rain?

No, we cannot. This does NOT mean we cannot be Christians; it does NOT mean we cannot serve the Lord; it does NOT mean that we cannot win souls for Christ; it does NOT mean that we cannot give ourselves to worship, study, meditation, prayer and other Christian practices, even moving in individual gifts.

But can we operate as a spiritual body in true New Testament Christianity without receiving an outpouring to the same extent or greater?

No, we cannot.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think a number of members of this forum are looking for the Latter Rain, an end-times outpouring of the Holy Spirit which will bring unity and sanctity to the church.
The Latter Rain is not for this time. It is for AFTER the Second Coming of Christ, the gathering of all Jews to Israel, and the salvation of one-third of that number. That is when the Holy Spirit will be poured out upon redeemed and restored Israel.

For the present time which is the Great Apostasy, there will be a further decline in Christendom, followed by the reign of the Antichrist.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think one of the underlying questions which we answer differently is, will there be an end of the age revival? Jesus questioned whether He would even find faith on the earth.

I Believe that Isaiah 55:9-13 is going to be fulfilled, By His will, and by the Work of the Holy Spirit. I Think all of the splintering in the church, the heresies, the corruption are an opportunity for the light to shine as @Truman Ron stated above. That includes Miracles, and the fulfilment of Jesus High priestly prayer in John 17. read that prayer as this will open your eyes to see what is to come and why.

I Hope this helps. Remember Judgment begins at the house of God (1 Peter 4:17) Judgment is both negative, in the sense that those who are false are exposed, as well as positive in that those who are true are vindicated. As The Psalmist prayed many times, "vindicate me o Lord" (Psalm 26:1, Psalm 35:24, Psalm 43:1, and Psalm 54:1)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi David.

Out of curiosity, when do you see the latter rain coming? Any guesses? I don't believe we will see it any time inside or twenty years, even thirty if I were being honest. But that's just my opinion.

What's yours?

God bless,
- H

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Believe that Isaiah 55:9-13 is going to be fulfilled, By His will, and by the Work of the Holy Spirit. I Think all of the splintering in the church, the heresies, the corruption are an opportunity for the light to shine as @Truman Ron stated above. That includes Miracles, and the fulfilment of Jesus High priestly prayer in John 17. read that prayer as this will open your eyes to see what is to come and why.

Isn't God's Word going out and bring it's results now, though? And isn't the Holy Spirit drawing us into unity now? I think so.

I Hope this helps. Remember Judgment begins at the house of God (1 Peter 4:17) Judgment is both negative, in the sense that those who are false are exposed, as well as positive in that those who are true are vindicated. As The Psalmist prayed many times, "vindicate me o Lord" (Psalm 26:1, Psalm 35:24, Psalm 43:1, and Psalm 54:1)

OK, the Latter Rain outpouring is to show to the world the true children of God?

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi David.

Out of curiosity, when do you see the latter rain coming? Any guesses? I don't believe we will see it any time inside or twenty years, even thirty if I were being honest. But that's just my opinion.

What's yours?

It depends on the severity of the birth pangs, and how quickly they come out. right now the mood in the church is largely one of saying things will return to normalcy, But once we reach the point of severe distress Christians will cry out to God and he will answer. It could be within a year or two or 5 or ten years? What I do know is there are a lot of prophecies and timelines that point to 2026/27 in scripture, and I mean a lot of them, which I always figured should be significant. For one it is the start of the third millennial day from when the Gospel of the Kingdom was first preached by John the Baptist, And Jesus Beginning his ministry the following Nisan thereafter, where he prophesied that in three days he will raise this temple, speaking of His death burial and resurrection but I also believe the second coming as well as Per 2 Peter 3:8.