LAW IS NEITHER OBEYED DISOBEYED NOR BROKEN / AN EXISTENTIAL ONTOLOGICAL DISPROOF OF LAW

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of "SPIRITUAL CALISTHENICS" here, with maybe a little too much over-exercising God's word - LOL
For me, after 40 some years of study, I have had to change some of my beliefs on this topic.

For sure, for me, I'm not under the law of sin and death (The 10 Commandments), but I am commanded to obey the law (The 10 Commandments)if I love God, and YES as a Christ follower, I do celebrate the SABBATH every Sunday including tomorrow and NO I am not a legalist or rule keeper. I live by the love I have for God and all mankind from my heart.

May God bless you all immeasurably
My name is OLIGOS

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Duane Clinton Meehan

Nov 18, 2019
Lebanon, KY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
A lot of "SPIRITUAL CALISTHENICS" here, with maybe a little too much over-exercising God's word - LOL
For me, after 40 some years of study, I have had to change some of my beliefs on this topic.

For sure, for me, I'm not under the law of sin and death (The 10 Commandments), but I am commanded to obey the law (The 10 Commandments)if I love God, and YES as a Christ follower, I do celebrate the SABBATH every Sunday including tomorrow and NO I am not a legalist or rule keeper. I live by the love I have for God and all mankind from my heart.

May God bless you all immeasurably
My name is OLIGOS
Oligos;
I am interested to know how it is that we ''obey'' law, how is the obeying actually done? Any thoughts?
Duane

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning Duane :)
This is a question so many try to twists in knots, and try to confuse people with such complicated answers.
So I'll give you the simplest answer I have that works perfect for me.

The 10 commandments were given to us by God as a way for every human being to know specifically what God's definition of sin is, and in telling us, He instructs us how to do certain things, and in others He instructs us not to do certain things, and YES I do honor the 4th commandment to observe the Sabbath, for me, on Sunday, and NO I am not a Jew.

I just follow His guidelines and that keeps me safe from the consequences of sinning here on earth because there are earthly consequences to sin, as well as eternal consequences to sin.

Thank you for asking Duane - God bless you
My name is OLIGOS

Reactions: Nancy