Lazarus and the Rich Man correspondence = hades not eternal

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The only thing I was trying to say is that the name Lazarus, and the phrase rich man represented a class of people because someone was trying to say that because the name Lazarus was used it wasn't a parable but there reasoning was flawed.

Well, whatever it is or what you call it,
people better pay attention to it,
because Jesus said it, and not for nothing.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree we should pay attention to it, it's just that those who believe In the hellfire doctrine and believe we have souls rather than we are souls will see things differently I believe.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The only thing I was trying to say is that the name Lazarus, and the phrase rich man represented a class of people because someone was trying to say that because the name Lazarus was used it wasn't a parable but there reasoning was flawed.
i def agree, pretty sure it is even described as a parable?
And the argument that Lazarus is a composite would bolster your argument, not that i would spend much time debating a literal pov there anyway, too easy to illustrate by a v that is obv not a parable that will not be taken literally no matter what imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
to hide wisdom from the wise i guess, lots of obvious imagery going on there, a drop of water to cool my language, etc, plus why ask for Lazarus to do it, he would be more likely to add gas lol. No rich man was ever burning in any literal fire, that is strictly the cover story

Last edited: