LDS Christians believe 1 in God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One important topic of conversation: scripture & revelation.

I am not a Sola Scriptura person. Passionately so. I strongly believe that God's words to humanity are not limited just what's in the Bible. The Bible is indeed the words of God, but those are not the only words He has ever spoken / will ever speak. He, unchanging God, still speaks to men. Both individually and collectively.

Individually -- every person may indeed talk to God themselves and talk to Him. Just you + God. Tell Him of your joys, struggles, thoughts everything. Listen to Him speak: expressing love, encouragement, guidance, answering questions, etc. Father in Heaven is your Father- talk to Him and have a relationship! That's critically important for anyone.

Collectively-- Unchanging God still speaks to the world through apostles & prophets. Leaders to help guide us. It's such an amazing gift from Him.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To answer @JohnPaul ’s question: “Are LDS Christians Trinitarians”: yes and no.

Yes: LDS Christians believe that the Son, Father, and Spirit are three persons in one God.

No: But don’t accept other Creedal statements about the subject, being of one of one substance.

Having thoroughly studied the Creedal views, I do not consider myself a Trinitarain and have major disagreements with some of those statements. But I do believe in 3 persons in one God and get “uninvited” to a lot of non-trinitarian arguments where people won’t even acknowledge the divinity of Christ.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To answer @JohnPaul ’s question: “Are LDS Christians Trinitarians”: yes and no.

Yes: LDS Christians believe that the Son, Father, and Spirit are three persons in one God.

No: But don’t accept other Creedal statements about the subject, being of one of one substance.

Having thoroughly studied the Creedal views, I do not consider myself a Trinitarain and have major disagreements with some of those statements. But I do believe in 3 persons in one God and get “uninvited” to a lot of non-trinitarian arguments where people won’t even acknowledge the divinity of Christ.
Christ is most Devine as is his Almighty Father.