Leaving Means What In Heb6:1 ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Hi to all . 1) The word under question is the Greek word , APHIEMI , which can be translated by the following English words.2) Leaving , Abandoning , Forsaking .3) What are the Hewbrews to Leave, Abandon , or to Forsake .4) I want to focus on v2 , That they are to abandon , the teaching of Baptisms , of laying on of hands , of the resurrection of the dead , and of eternal judgment . 5) So , why are you all , latching on to Jewish commands and bringing it in to the Body of Christ ?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (dan p @ Apr 14 2009, 05:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=72551
Hi to all . 1) The word under question is the Greek word , APHIEMI , which can be translated by the following English words.2) Leaving , Abandoning , Forsaking .3) What are the Hewbrews to Leave, Abandon , or to Forsake .4) I want to focus on v2 , That they are to abandon , the teaching of Baptisms , of laying on of hands , of the resurrection of the dead , and of eternal judgment . 5) So , why are you all , latching on to Jewish commands and bringing it in to the Body of Christ ?
Are you kidding me? 1. The Baptism of the Holy Ghost is so necessary to start growing in Faith in the Body of Christ.2. Christ speaks of the resurrection of the dead, cause every single soul will be resurrected in their spirit bodies.3. Eternal judgment is God's doing... And He will judge on Judgment Day. And this "eternal judgment" is more like not eternal, but rather who are judged to the Lake of Fire are going to be cease to exist.Also, have you not read that Christ came not to destroy the Law, but to fulfil?

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
QUOTE (Jordan @ Apr 14 2009, 06:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=72552
Are you kidding me? 1. The Baptism of the Holy Ghost is so necessary to start growing in Faith in the Body of Christ.2. Christ speaks of the resurrection of the dead, cause every single soul will be resurrected in their spirit bodies.3. Eternal judgment is God's doing... And He will judge on Judgment Day. And this "eternal judgment" is more like not eternal, but rather who are judged to the Lake of Fire are going to be cease to exist.Also, have you not read that Christ came not to destroy the Law, but to fulfil?
1) If you go back and read the OP , you will see that I am talking about Water Baptism , are YOU Kidding ? 2) I will have OP ON THE REST OF V1 and v2 . dan p